Just thought of a genius business idea

Imagine building a huge library with books organised and sorted by the regular codes most books get at Universities and libraries but there is a sensor on the shelf to know when the book has been taken.

You then put the regular security equipment at the front door to stop people from stealing but you also put a touchscreen at the front door where people, before coming in, can check whether the book they want is being read.

In order to enter, you have to pay a small fee but you can spend as much time there as you want and read anything and if any book becomes misplaced, a sensor will alert the desk that a book is on the wrong shelf and the workers will put them in their correct place.

What do you think :)?

I fail to see the genius and would never pay for that.

Why not? You're not allowed to read books of major retailers and their books go out of supply. With my idea, they will never go out of supply and you won't have to buy it...You could even have a monthly subscription...

Do you really think theft is an issue at modern public libraries?

I dont understand why anyone would come to this place when they could just call the public library down the street to ask for a book.

Because books there will go out of supply and public libraries have terrible books

technology fags really don't get it. you sick freak
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq3sYK6KzpQ

>public libraries have terrible books
USA?

this is true nowhere

Its basically a library that isn't paid by taxes

>public libraries have terrible books
T. Poor neighborhood. If you go to a wealthy suburb or a major city they are great.

IMO we should have heavy federal subsidy for libraries in poor areas so they can buy decent books.

But it'll be better because there won't be restrictions by the government and all the new books will be there

I like it, OP. It would be great for places that have old, rare books.

Thanks, just emailed Jeff Bezos the idea, hopefully he will take it up and I will soon create a business plan. Hopefully it all works out.

What restrictions? You know you can suggest books to your library, they can't all sit on Veeky Forums to find your latest memebook

yeah, sure

>What restrictions?

Don't know where you live but dozens of libraries have closed in my country because of government budget cuts

not a proper response or critique, friend

>all the new books will be there
How?

Because advertising the books on the website or on the front door will mean the publisher will send you free copies, you will then put those free copies into the library

Never let go of your dreams, user.

Thanks, friend, I hope Jeff agrees!

Libraries here take on more use than just books so they don't get shut down