Can you explain a Blackhole in less than 5 sentences?

Here is my attempt:

Blackholes are it. If you get sucked up, you might seem dead and not dead all at once. Since the laws of physics do not apply in a blackhole, anything can happen.

Pretty half-assed on my end.
You try.
I am fasinated by these things.

Other urls found in this thread:

universe-review.ca/I05-01-SgrA.gif
latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-ligo-gravity-waves-20170601-story.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LIGO
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electron_degeneracy_pressure
youtu.be/e-P5IFTqB98
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Star machine broke, too big

Hahahaha, love it : )

>Since the laws of physics do not apply in a blackhole, anything can happen.
Inside the ordered universe, there are such terrible things that can happen to someone. For example getting tortured by a cartel just for fun, because you are a tourist and they happened to be coked up and horny for pain.
Just imagine floating outside the ordered universe, in the chaos of orderless unreality, witnessing the real inhuman depths of the extreme reaches of experience when reality itself mercilessely melts and bubbles around you.

Dense

Absolutely.
Black holes do not exist nor is there proof of them. The concept is in the realm of meta-physics at best. Any answer you get here is a guess.

>Incredibly dense stellar remnants.
>Have an escape velocity greater than the speed of light.
>Characterised by several "horizons"
>Physics breaks down inside the event horizon
>Requires a fully functional theory of quantum gravity to understand

Much gravity
Gravity squish
Squish 3D
Leave only 2D
3D sphere shape is illusion/hologram

LOL xd ur so right... That reminds me, I have something to tell u at philosophy club next week! see u there:)

Nigger Gaped Holes which pulls The White Semen in universe. No White cum can escape from these Gaped Nigger Holes. Only Dark Brown Matter.

Press x to black hole your message to my ear.
t.-quacktum physicist.

Nigger Gaped Holes which pulls The White Semen in universe. No White cum can escape from these Gaped Nigger Holes. Only Massive Dark Matter. Gravitational waves are mad when 2 Nigger Holes collide with each other. Predicted by my Nigga DJ Einstein ft lil Hawkin'

Black holes are regions of space which light cannot enter. The boundaries of black holes are encoded in some kind of turbulence. They are basically a bubble in reality.

>nor is there proof of them.
universe-review.ca/I05-01-SgrA.gif

They're bullshit. Supermassive black holes are just the gravity well centers of spiral galaxies and "star" blackholes are made up nonsense.

i can do it in one.

/pol/.

>Black holes do not exist nor is there proof of them
latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-ligo-gravity-waves-20170601-story.html

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LIGO

>LIGO
>Make up some retarded "spacetime" bullshit
>Make up beliefs that go with it
>Hunt for and cherrypick "evidence" you agree with to support fantasy
>We made "working predictions"!
LOL Humans are retards. There's no such fucking thing as gravity waves or spacetime.

but the experiment supported the predictions, not the other way around

Of course it did, moron. You can find evidence for any prediction if it's goofy and subtle enough. This is exactly like dark energy. It's now known to be a retarded meme due to just a math mistake, but boy people sure did find evidence of it everywhere.

> if the prediction is subtle enough
The predictions were extremely specific.

> since the laws of physics don't apply, anything can happen
Why and how did you come upon this understanding. This is nonsense.

You mean stupid. What people fail to acknowledge is the ACTUAL subtlety of the testing methods. Like how physicists have "proven" that time dilation is "real" because of almost imperceptible differences in atomic clocks in fucking planes. The same is true of this gravitational wave fucking nonsense.

"Scientists on the lookout for subtle disturbances in the fabric of space-time have detected the signal from a cataclysmic collision between two black holes that lie some 3 billion light-years away, much farther two previous discoveries."

If you honestly believe this then you probably believe gravity is a thing to begin with.
So what would cause this "black hole". Lets say a massive sun burns out all it's energy, what happens after that? All that's left is a MASSIVE Iron core that keeps compressing in on itself. Inertia and Acceleration exceeds force in motion(magnetism) which creates your magical perturbation from light years away and is concluded that "oh this must be a hole in space". No it's a MASS where NO MAGNETISM exists, BECAUSE IT'S SPINNING INCOMPREHENSIBLY FAST.

This user is correct. Space time does not exist either. Space has no properties, therefore logically it is not a thing. Time does not exist, the universe works off one principle: pressure mediation.

Black holes don't exist

Black holes are 4d objects, they take up ALL the time from its creation to infinity

Your mom doesn't exist

Star core collapses into a single point.

Because of this, the gravitational acceleration near it exceeds the speed of light.

Below this point, light stops coming back out as it gets close.

Because it shouldn't be possible to have a point of infinite density and accelerations beyond the speed of light, shit gets weird.

We dunno what's in there, thanks for volunteering to go in first!

Light can enter, but cannot escape

A massive star collapses and what's left of it afterward gets more dense than anything else in the universe, even OP.

Once something gets too close, it will not be able to travel away from the black hole.

The laws of physics as we know them go screwy for things that get too close.

Wanna find out details for yourself?

We can arrange for that.

made. up. by. retard. physicists.

acceleration and speed aren't the same thing, an acceleration can't "exceed" a speed, i think you meant to say escape velocity exceeds c which is the definition of the event horizon of a non-rotating black hole (i.e. the schwartschild radius)

Big stars collapse when they die and the gravity becomes so large that nothing can escape it. We don't know what happens inside them, it's some crazy shit though.

This is the winrar right here

One sentence.

An area of spacetime which is so great in density that the escape velocity exceeds the speed of light.

Wait no, that's retarded, density is wrong.

Uh

Area of spacetime with a gravitational pull that exceeds the speed of light.

What about temprature inside black holes, does temprature even exist?

Portal to a multiverse singularity, another big bang somewhere else so to speak.
Once the black hole dies, the big bang in that other universe leaves frozen time and a new universe is born.
My oc donut steel

Why not make an experiment inside one of these super massive black holes to find out?

I know you're meming, but I'm still confused as to why anyone would ever believe that. I mean, it's definitely a thing some people think, despite how asinine it is.

bigger than your mum
denser than you

OP's Mum's hole is bigger.

>Since the laws of physics do not apply in a blackhole
so you're retarded

mass so big, it even attracts light
7 words

That's wrong, all objects attract light

yeah, I realised after posting. I guess it needs to be changed to "it won't let light any light escape"

Gravity and Electron degeneracy pressure (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electron_degeneracy_pressure ) act upon stars. Gravity wants to mush things together and electron degeneracy pressure wants to expand. When stars, of sufficient mass & density, run out of fuel, gravity overcomes EDP. When the star is mangled, by gravity, into its Schwarzschild radius (as in the necessary escape velocity would be the speed of light), it becomes a black hole because past the radius the force of gravity is strong enough to prevent photons from escaping.

CONT

*"past the radius" means compressing the relevant mass to an area smaller than the schwarzchild radius (for that particular mass).

Why do people believe in gravity at all if its so easy to shut down?

Because believe it or not people are become less and less logical each day. Double standards are becoming normal and quantum lies are only confusing them more and more. Almost everytime they announce or "discover" something new, they contradict it by using words like "theoretically" "hypothetical" or anything that amounts to "oh we used this measuring device that runs on electricity and magnetism with limited capabilities to take a shot in the dark, lol we still don't know what this is".
These people despise the existence of Occam's Razor or the notion that mother nature would only use the simplest means of portraying our universe. Particles do not exist. They don't fly randomly about it whatever direction they feel like. Nothing phases in and out of existence for no reason whatsoever, this ideology is a psychosis
They don't know what light is, they don't know what electrons are, and they certainly don't know what the fuck a black hole or gravity is.
"This massive ball of iron from a burnt sun just collapses and makes this hole in space lol, it's so strong that not even LIGHT can escape it!"

NO IT'S STILL MATTER YOU MORONS. The magnetism is literally thrown out of this MASSIVE COHERENT SPINNING IRON BALL causing it to become a object where NO CARTESIAN MAGNITUDE can exist. This force is balanced out by the fact at the center of any large object in space there is no "gravity". This is because of centrifugal force being more stable(and faster) the closer you get to the center of a spinning object and the same is the case for the "black hole".

actually we cant arrange for that.

"My entire understanding of modern physics derives from PBS and IFLS": the post

this whole thread is filled with reddit tier intellect and spacings, i dont want to say they are stupid just ignorant and parrot without study or actual thought on the matter themselves, but thats what stupid is so no way around it.

1. Schwarzschild black holes are gravitational singularities, meaning a location within spacetime wherein gravitational tidal forces are, for all intents and purposes, infinite- as a result, there is suspicion in the scientific community that general relativity and quantum mechanics are flawed models, and that these singularities do not actually exist.
2. Their extreme gravitation cloaks the singularity in a threshold known as the event horizon, and if you pass this threshold, it is physically impossible to escape the singularity's gravitation; the event horizon is the reason black holes appear black.
3. Due to the gravitation, the trajectory of light passing the black hole is warped enough that a lensing effect occurs, and the visible size of the black hole will expand to fill your view as you approach it- passing the event horizon will result in your entire view, regardless of where you look, becoming entirely devoid of light.
4. The curvature of spacetime past the event horizon is so extreme that you cannot escape the black hole, even if you were able to exceed lightspeed (C).
5. As you approach the singularity, the gradient of gravitation will become so extreme that you are torn apart as a result of tidal forces; this event is known as spaghettification.

"I don't have an argument or theory of my own": the post

>particles don't exist

are you maybe a little retarded, user-kun?

Maybe you're a little slow yourself. Why do you show me such images? They mean nothing, they have measurements contrived by us. Have we ever observed a "particle" while it wasn't moving? No. Please show me actual proof instead of a light bright that still doesn't explain what a "particle" is.
Do you even know how an electron microscope works?

before we get into this, let me ask you: what exactly do you mean when you say "particles do not exist"? are you saying that matter is infinitely divisible? please explain elements under a model that lacks particles.

>
just nasa cgi

Pressure mediation of magnetism and dielectric inertia causes every modality we observe.

lol this is literal mad lib gibberish.

Nancy ass bitch you don't know me

That's not proof

Why do you want to believe that the universe is complicated? Do you really think that sounds more mad than saying that a bunch of magical fairy unicorn bb's are bouncing about in a closed system for no reason other than they are there? Did you even bother to google any of the terms I brought up? Or did you just not bother because I didn't parrot such retarded terms like "photon" "graviton" "electron" or any other MADE UP AN UNOBSERVED "particle".
Go ahead and try to explain a black hole better than this:
It's really fucking simple if you understand the principles of a gyroscope.

>hurr modern physics is 2complex4me my idea is better because is simple
What does and doesn't sound mad isn't really important is it? You don't have an empirical basis for your claims or you wouldn't be trying to convince people on fucking Veeky Forums. Its funny to me that you feel like your dumb ideas are validated by how no one is really arguing against you. This is exactly the wrong forum for you if you want serious critiques of your crackpot nonsense. Actual forums for scientific dialogue exist and are willing to accept papers if you submit them. Do you have the mental capacity to turn your incoherent rant into a formal write up, and would said letter have any actual basis in experimental physics? Or do you just get off on posting contrarian bullshit on pop sci threads?

> (OP)
>>etc

But these are all wrong but not really. It's not just or primarily because the escape velocity of light is unable to exceed gravitational pull, but it's because spacetime itself is bent and collapsed to a single point where "up and out" trajectory of light points physically in space in the same direction as "down and in", again, due to the immense curvature of space time itself.

The former that everyone is belting out in here is a brainlett popsci explanation for normies.

If "up and out" and "down and in" are correctly inside of their spacetime geometry, but spacetime itself is re-positioned, this is where infinities arise mathematically.

Can someone with an actual education in physics help me out here? Sci was a lot more interesting when it wasn't summerfags and spillover from pol and shit, there were actual phds that knew the west layman explanations

"I still don't have an argument the post".
Everything I said has been said by quantum physics, that's the funny thing. "Oh go find proof of your claims even though we've known for more than 100 years that 100 percent of the visible universe is dielectric inertia and magnetism". Oh okay.
I also find it hilarious that you can use the word "incoherent" and not understand what I wrote.

>"everything I say is valid quantum physics"
Ok well clearly you are very enthused on convincing me that you are right so why not put together a quick and dirty literature review for me? If this is established physics, give me references. Iv never studied GR in depth, but I have studied particle physics and quantum mechanics in quite a bit of depth and Iv never come across the ideas you are throwing out. To be honest I may not totally understand what you are actually trying to say because your comments have been fucking impossible to decipher completely. Did you just assemble a word bank of complicated sounding science words and put them together in a random order? You are so full of shit man I don't know what I'm doing on this thread anymore desu

Not a phd but I can tell you that the instinct to be skeptical of terms like "infinite curvature" and "singularity" in the context of physical things is a good instinct. An infinite amount of anything is by definition an undefined amount of that thing. Singularities and points of infinite curvature cannot exist by the definition of the words. It's not that our model breaks down at the singularity, the singularity is the prime example of our model breaking down. We just don't know how to describe black holes yet, that's all.

Look up Oliver Heaviside, Charles Steinmetz, Nikola Tesla and all the others who gave us the electrical grid we use today. The "dielectric inertia plane" would be QM'S "Quantum glue, bloch wall", whatever you want to call it where magnetism terminates.

I don't know how to simplify a black hole anymore than I already have. I've stated what elements we theorize a black hole needs to come into existence (sun burning it's fuel and left with massive iron core). I've only differentiated by not buying into the conclusion that that makes a "hole in space".
When it comes to energy, the smaller the space means the higher the capacitance, ex: more powerful magnets have smaller fields. They are STRONGER fields, but the space it takes up is smaller on an exponential scale. The matter is so compressed and "coherent" (all the atoms are touching, aligned, and not vibrating) in a black hole that the magnetic fields distort to the point where they break and the object becomes a massive sinkhole seeking magnetism for equilibrium. This is why light (Dielectic inertia plane) get "trapped" in the blackhole.
Eventually once it gains enough matter and EM radiation it will turn into a star once again, a cycle that acts in equilibrium. Many believe that a black hole will remain a black hole forever and that the cycle can't reverse, but again we don't/ can't know.

You aren't going to convince me that any of this is established physics without referring to any of the actual research. Name dropping famous people who had nothing to do with black holes and claiming that their contributions make your claims obvious is fucking weak dude. The way you talk about electrodynamics is strange, like you aren't really familiar with how to properly use the terminology. You haven't studied electrodynamics or quantum mechanics, have you?

Nigga this is some event horizon shit. How long until humanity makes this mistake?

Concentration of matter so large its gravity overwhelms even light. One sentence

CPU dying simulation too costly.

Pretty much all astronomical seighstights einstein predicted were proven / witnessed - except gigantic wormholes, we know they exist we don't know where one could be and maybe one day we'll figure how to make one and fucking treat space like it's a neighborhood sure in few million years of deep colonization, depending on humanity ambitions.

pretentious fuck! Just because you like protons like a little faggot doesnt mak u smart. could you woo a woman into a noght of lovr making? could u write a poem, play the chello, or eat tha booty as great as me? no. but if u have ambition, drive, and a little luck you will be licking the rim like a bowl of cereal

niggas dead.

Because it's cool as fuck

The black hole sucks up lots of matter in universe a and dumps it into universe b

SPINNY SPINNY VORTEX THINGY.
HORRY SHIT IT BIG AND SPINNY.
WE ALL DIE IF SUCKED INSIDE.
DON'T GO CLOSE OR GO FOR RIDE.
SPINNY SPINNY ROUND DEATH THINGY!

>Can you explain a Blackhole in less than 5 sentences?
No. But perhaps in 6 minutes?
youtu.be/e-P5IFTqB98

If you are in a black hole you are most certainly going to be dead as fuck.

So once again you're coming at me with another "not an argument or retort" reply. The people I mentioned did not believe in particles and gave the terminology I used. If you cannot understand or comprehend what I told you and you have any sort of electrical engineering degree then I would ask your college for an immediate refund. You keep playing stupid and as a result I have no choice but to break everything down further and further. The mindset that everything is controlled by separate modalities is absurd. Gravity is not its own thing, magnetism is not its own thing, light is not its own thing and space has no properties (therefore it does not exist).
I could throw math at you like it's some sort of special language. I could start listing off Maxwell's equations like I know what I'm talking about, but in the end none of that matters because all math does is DESCRIBE AND RECORD the results of what something does. No equation exists that EXPLAINS the phenomenon that causes the ether, they only tell you what it's doing when it's moving.

Why do you think Absolute zero cannot exist?
How do you think a laser works?
How do you think light works?
How do you think electricity and magnetism work?

Pressure mediation you idiot. Do you honestly believe particles are shooting out of your phone and raining down on you from the sun like candy and gumdrops? Do you think the electricity in your power lines have little particles flowing in them like water in a pipe? Do you think that the speed of light is a limit?

How do you explain everything behaving like particles, and not like pressure mediation? He doesn't need to provide a counter argument because your hippie bullshit isn't worth dealing with. Stop talking out of your ass as if any meritable scientist is on your side. Maxwell's equations do not invalidate particle physics.

Gravity n shiet.

I agree, ligo and gravity waves are a fraud. To suggest this was direct observation of a BH is dumb.

What does it mean to behave like a particle exactly? What, you mean like bits of matter you observe on earth that "fall" to the ground below you? Tell me what a particle is and you'll be a millionaire because they still haven't been explained.
I never said they invalidate it, I said they don't prove it to begin with.

Mass of your mum in the size of your dick.

>Since the laws of physics do not apply in a blackhole, anything can happen.
Oh, so it's fifty fifty?
Good to know

That's like the big bang m8

There are several things in the world that can't be explained in 5 sentences. Black holes are one of them. You can come up with any manner of half-assed short stories fit for a children's book but you haven't really "explained" anything of value.

If there's one thing I'm sure of, one of the greatest problems of our age is that people want everything to be explained quickly and easily, without understanding that it takes years of interest, reading, studying and learning to even grasp a fraction of a fraction of the basics of what black holes really are.

It's not only incredibly shortsighted to expect that anything can easily be explained to anyone in a few short sentences, it's actually dangerous. That line of thought is exactly what's made bullshit like anti-vaccination idiots, anti-climate change morons, feminists, alternative fact dicks, flat earthers and other unbelievably stupid and deluded people all possible.

>black holes form when an object with a given mass gets below a certain size, there is no lower limit to mass
>they can be really dense (small ones), or not that dense at all (big ones, think density of water) (by density I mean their mass divided by the volume inside the even horizon)
>the singularity is not the same as the even horizon, idk if the singularity even exists according to scientific consensus
>the reason you or light can't escape them has nothing to do with escape velocity, but with relativity, which I don't understand
>they emit hawking radiation, the temperature of which increases the smaller the black hole, meaning the black holes hotter than the CMBR have already evaporated, while the bigger, colder ones are actually still gaining in size

black holes. such wow. what are they. how tight are they. and how do we fuck them.

The center of a magnetic field that is so big it pulls in every north and south pole to its center but also rejects it once it has pulled it to pieces. If we could find the middle of the complete magnetic field of the universe we could know how big the universe really is. It is as big as the complete field.
But what the universe really is, we may never know. But magnetism seems to be the only law out there. The Law of Attraction.

It's a very compact black sphere that emits exotic radiation.

It's basically a black star that is so heavy it has some weird properties and energy conversions.

Yeah and it fuses subatomic particles that do not occur outside of these extreme conditions instead of hydrogen causing inversion of forces which means interaction of particles with their medium gets inverted.

>gyroscope
Have we ever observed a "gyroscope" while it wasn't moving? No.

More or less like everything else, just denser. See relativity for details.

OP here. I have been very busy but will respond to each and every response soon.

Keep it going! A lot of good stuff here! Thankies.

Its spacey stuff that can kill you if you walk into it.