Anybody read this?

Anybody read this?

I just finished it and it really frightened me. Made me realize how fucked I am. Worried for the future now.

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/montagueprojects/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no idea what that book is but wow what a god-tier book cover.

Haven't read it, but he influenced D&G heavily despite them still criticizing him for being still caught in psychoanalysis.

D&G?

Deleuze & Guattari

these two lads

lmao

This desu

Apparently this guy influenced Ballard so I need to read him

Questions:

Is it as interesting as it sounds?
Do I need to read anything before I read it?

Care to explain? It must be going over my head

It's just aesthetic as fuck

OP here.

It's pretty much entry-level existential psychology. It's like 190 pages too. I'd post excerpts but considering the state of the board these days I'm not going to bother.

Sounds pretty neat, I think I'll pick it up.

Seek peace young man

im ontologically and existentially confuzzled

instagram.com/montagueprojects/

Fuu, going to buy this for the god-tier cover.

Sounds interesting too.

Fug yes this is my fetish

What category of art or design is this called and why is it so aesthetic?

no expert on this kind of thing but reminds me of the Swiss graphic style
I think it appeals because of clarity and order; simple, flat geometric shapes/patterns are used to illustrate, with a lack of superfluous flourishes.

I met Dr Laing once, an alcoholic quack who destroyed his patients lives to fulfil his idiot theories. A complete knobjockey.

watch century of the self by adam curtis

i don't understand this picture. a pill that was 250,000mg of whatever drug would weigh a minimum of 250g, or a quarter of a kilogram, not including whatever additional additives were put into it to form a stable tablet. either that pill is composed of extraordinarily dense matter, or it's so huge it would be difficult to sit down and eat in an entire meal, let alone swallow whole.

why would anyone make such an illogical image.

i've met my fair share of quacks, and this fellow definitely qualifies as one. put the work out of mind. it is nonsense.

>Made me realize how fucked I am. Worried for the future now.

You were one of the ignorant masses: in denial, pretentious, shallow.

You're better off facing truth. Truth is honest and HONOR.

>wtf i hate the psychotherapeutics establishment now

minimalism

Wtf I can't believe this is posted here. I've read Laing's entire corpus now, I believe. Madness Sanity and The Family is one of the greatest psychological works in existence.

>tfw in an ontological untenable position thanks to my parents bifurcations of self imposed onto my existence.

Its a representation of the topographical model of consciousness (ID, superego, ego), or else its simply an overlapping of existential positions one takes in life within different contexts. I kind of doubt anyone but OP has actually read the book, but thats what the book is about. Its about selves, its about splitting selves, and phenomenology.

>google this book
>google books says "this watershed work aimed to make madness comprehensible, and in doing so revolutionized the way we perceive mental illness"
>doesn't even have a wikipedia article

Why did you find his work to be worth reading? Kinda interested in reading this guy

I read the Politics of Experience and concluded that Laing was an absolute shit thinker/writer and possibly deranged and decided to cross off all his other books.
It was typical 20th century "whoa dude like maybe WE'RE the abnormal ones?!?!?!"

>gets high on peyote and unironically declares for buddhism