Being a kid is choosing the red tamales

>being a kid is choosing the red tamales
>being an adult is realizing the green ones were better all along

is green cool ranch?

all tamales matter

I was so fucking hearbroken when I had a tamale for the first time and found out the "puff pastry" on the outside was corn husks and you can't eat them and they're soggy and mushy and disgusting. I was expecting something like a sausage roll, something crispy and crunchy with delicious meat and sauce inside. Tamales are basically stuffed cornbread in a disgusting wet leaf wrapper. Fuck you.

>puff pastry
How white are you?

My nose runs if I eat too much ketchup or black pepper and the only live concert I've ever been to is Phil Collins.

Tamales are overrated as shit. White people only eat them to feel like they are somehow on the same level as the hispanics and can be evidenced by how much they'll let everyone in earshot know that 'OMG I'M EATING DELICIOUS TAMALES REEEEEE"

Stop sucking so much dick, does eating donuts or cheese make you a wannabe European? Or what about a bowl of noodles? Does that turn you into a chink?

Get off your high horse. You're not special.

>yo-you are just jealous that a refined gentlemen like myself can proudly enjoy these noble tamales

gayest post I've read in recent memory, keep it up faggot

Lmao never even had a Tomola in my life.

Tamales are good enough to eat if it's what your host made for dinner.

If I'm picking or ordering, there's better options.

>reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Make sure everyone knows you're eating them asian noods, brah

They're steamed/boiled dumplings in a wrapper. What's hard to understand about the texture you'll be getting out of that?

That being said, I fucking love them and they make great leftovers, unlike the fried shit you all apparently thought these were.

Wait are you not supposed to eat the husk? Wtf

>Tamales are basically stuffed cornbread

And?

They're delicious, you pretentious child.

>never had a tamale
>look up recipes
>extracted fat
no thx

this

argie here,, mexcians are so fucking childish. probably just a gringo amerishit """hispanic""""" anyway

The first time I had tamales, I was pretty young. They stuffed with plain old boiled chicken, so they were quite bland. I thought all tamales were like this, so I stayed away for years. Didn't realize till later, that you can put all sorts of different stuff in them. So they're cool now.

Would hang out with.

I would hesitantly allow you to court my white daughter.

>being an american is eating both

Kill yourself honkey

>honkey
I can tell you've never actually interacted with a non-white person in a meaningful way.

For future reference, nobody actually uses that word in real life except white people pushing a tortured argument about race relations.

>wrap chilli in inedible wrapper
>now its own food item

Americans

>I can tell youve never interacted with a non white person
>now let me go on to say something based upon my extremely limited interactions with non whites

>let me tell you what it's like to be you
I guess fear of looking stupid never stopped you from doing anything

I live in the suburbs (black suburbs) of Atlanta and had a black lady call me honky last week. She also said "white makes right" sarcastically which was a new one to me.

I assure you both sides of racism are alive and well in the south.

Literally what? Retard

That must have been very frightening for you and I'm sorry you had to go through that, but your self-inflicted former slave problems are irrelevant, this is a thread about Mexican food. Using ex-slave slang is about as meaningful as saying "gwailo".

When I spent a summer in Mexico the family I stayed with made me sweet tamales with raisins in it. I think they were pink. I've never had a version as good since.

>the moment when you realize how dumb you look and resort to name calling
I hope this has been a learning experience for you

>nobody says honkey dumb racist idiot lmfao
>actually I was called a honkey last week
>look this thread isnt about if people call others honkeys, okay?

Really activates my almonds

>this is a thread about Mexican food.

Oh, your posts and every other post in the thread seemed to indicate otherwise. Honest mistake.

>waah waah my life in a blighted shit hole slave state sucks so much!
Why do you people have to shit up every thread with this crap? Someone even made a thread on greek food last week and you came in whining about your idiotic slave problems. No one gives a shit, take it to /k/ or something
The posts making fun of Whitey McMilkshitter are all on topic. The random introduction of slave nonsense is off topic. If you wish to avoid embarrassment in the future, you can say "gringo" or something, that would be a contextually relevant insult.

you seem like you're very interested in on-topic discussion and not at all motivated by deep resentment

Is it autism?

I never had tamales, what do they taste like? I remember the characters in Zorro ate tamales.

Says the guy who mistook Veeky Forums for his therapist
>waah waah an old black lady didn't smile at me and say yassuh yassuh, I have PTSD now, this is totally related to food guise

Not that poster, bud. But if you act so flustered, you can't expect others to not notice.

I was just correcting someone that said no one uses honky anymore... What's your excuse for shitting up the thread?

Btw, you're rage posting against at least 3 different people. Maybe, take a couple deep breaths?

Did Louis really say that? What a prick.

>That must have been very frightening for you

It was. I pulled into a crowded gas station with my convertible and got in line behind this free sedan that was filling up, facing the same way as me. then after I was in line the lady in a white sedan pulled in in front of the free sedan facing the opposite direction. It was crowded and I think she just didn't see my small convertible already in line. As the green sedan pulled forward, I pulled forward and took the spot at the gas pump. As I got out of my car she got out of her car yelling and screaming about how I was a racist and told me to move my roadster. I was afraid because she got right in my face and I was worried she might damage my car. She yelled she would run over my tiny pos roadster with her sedan. I told her I was in line first and then she ran inside. While she was inside, all the other black folk were looking at me like they felt sorry for me and like she was out of line. Then she came out of the gas station yelling how she had already put 5 dollars on the pump. I told her I had already paid with card and was spread pumping. That's when she said white makes right and called me a honky and got back in her car. I felt bad so I went over to try and explain the misunderstanding but she threw an empty sprite can at me from her driver seat so I just went back and finished filling up. While I was doing that a big redneck motherfucker in a confederate flag front tagged lifted truck pulls up begin me. Remember the angry black lady is still parked in the wrong direction, so as I left, I left extra slow so that the truck behind me could pull in and take the pump again. The last I saw of her she was yelling racial slurs at the next cracker in line, still trying to navigate the pumps backwards.

Some people don't learn. But it was frightening. She was not polite at all.

Yeah, a tamale can be sweet or savory, and wrapped in corn husks or bannana leaves. Bannana leaves are used in central/south Mexico and corn husks in northern Mexico. The reason they are so good in Mexico is because the use freshly ground nixtamal for the masa. When i visited Mexico city, my favorite tamales where mole and rajas (cheese with poblano) wrapped in bannana leaves. In northern Mexico, pork in red sauce and chicken in green sauce where my favorite.

>a tamale

This is actually how its said in English, which is what the rest of the post was also written in - for those paying attention.

I bet you say stuff like "aw shucks" and "golly" as well you fucking dork