Just got a D in Diff Eq and my professor won't round it up to a C-...

Just got a D in Diff Eq and my professor won't round it up to a C-. How fucked are my prospects now in trying to get into a chem eng program?

How did you manage to fuck up that bad? And what textbooks were you following?

Retake the class.

>Failed to Drop the Class before it damaged/reduced the GPA.
Retake the Class. Seek a Higher Grade.
>If you wanna work in ChemE of course

>Retake the Class
A class with *another professor* if possible

whats so bad about a D?

Few Ds are Fine if you wanna just go to work in industry as BSc. You still can get a very paid job as BSc in Engineering.
But Grad School admission committee or few most selective Jobs will just throw your application in trash. *to the trash it goes* meme. So the path to the PhD or few top jobs would be blocked.
So I recommend (to try at least) retake to try to raise GPA as much OP can.

>Just got a D in Diff Eq and my professor won't round it up to a C-.
Retake it. If it's a comprehension issue you'll definitely get it on the second try. Or you should at least

I dont think he has a bias. He's just a notorious hard ass. I would still have to retake the class if I got a C- but it would look nearly as bad as a D. when I met with him to discuss this he pretty much said no and told me to leave him alone.

Especially since this is the first grade I've gotten thats below a B. I could spin a C- easily so long as I do well in the retake, but a D just clues everyone into me being a brainlet.

Hi map.

Not really your fault, user. Mathematics education is unjust and grounded in a legacy of institutional discrimination.

Take it again and try fucking studying next time

>tfw I got a D+ in applied Cal 2 over the summer and he rounded to a C-

I guess Diff EQ was Diff E-Cult

A single D isnt enough to throw your GPA away, I have a D and A C and still got >3.5 GPA which is more than enough for any graduate program.

I got a D in Diff Eq also, got a B my second time around. Just retake it, make sure to try harder, and work on raising your GPA

subhuman brainlet

I have a D on my transcript, how fucked am I for grad school? Should I retake the course?

What is it with math professors being such notorious hard asses? If I got something like a 89.95 in any other class, the professor would round it up to a 90. Math professor on the other hand would be offended that you apparently have the, "audacity" to ask for round.

>tfw you are a german studend and you cant retake a class after you passed
>why can americanfags buy themselves better grades, by retaking the course again?

Rounding is something only subhuman scientists do.

I give grades in reduced fractions to be precise.

Holy shit this. I'm Italian. If I take an exam and get a grade I have about one day to decide if I want to take it or leave it. I can't just retake the fucking class when I feel like it. There are people who are in even worse positions but this really feels like my grades are doomed to be worse than those of Americans and the like out of pure unfairness.

It's even worse when you factor in amerimongrel's notorious grade inflation.

don't be jealous, everybody knows that american education is a joke and grade inflation is something that causes it among other things, be happy that you can educate yourself independently without having the buy anything. In the european market a degree from the us, is worth shit, because everybody knows how qualified these degree merchants are.

That doesn't seem to be true in Eastern European countries.

If the guy considered a bunch of half-answers in the exam I'd understand if he would be mad at people asking for decimals just because.