I will be in San Diego for about another month...

I will be in San Diego for about another month. I'm from the South and I was wondering what foods I should try other than Mexican food and In-N-Out burger?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Blais
petersonsdonutcorner.menutoeat.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

don't try in n out. do habit and thank me later

There's a cuban place called Embargo Grill that's tasty as fuck. Also, there is tons of good Thai food for some reason.

I thought the food at MCRD was pretty good. A lot of guys disagreed.

Juniper & Ivy ($$$) and The Crack Shack ($$) on Kettner Blvd in Little Italy are my favorite spots. Richard Blais is the executive chef for both.

Hillcrest has some good spots. Arrividerici ($$) is a touristy Italian place that's pretty good. I'd recommend trying the bread at Bread and Cie ($$) or a couple slices at Bronx Pizza ($) though.

Don't go to Mr A's it's just a meme

There's a neat Italian place called Civico in Little Italy that's nice

>tons of good Thai food
This. For some reason there are a ton of Thai and Vietnamese places that are great.

Hm, I've seen a couple of Habits around (I think?). I'll have to give one a try.

>Richard Blais
I've never heard of this guy. Why would OP give a fuck if some flyover started some restaurant?
Or are you just trying to impress us with your """intellect""". Because you really aren't.

Cool map.

Avoid In N Out, it's nothing special. Habit Burger is ok but nothing special, honestly. I had a cheeseburger at a Denny's and it was outstanding.

Get a copy of the San Diego Reader and see what sounds good. Make sure to read Tin Fork, Ed Bedford's food column.

If you're here on a Sunday, check out the Hillcrest farmer's market.

Christ. You sound like an absolute cunt. What happened? Did daddy forget to use lube today?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Blais

Learn to google, you fucking chode.

Fig Tree Cafe in Hillcrest is a good breakfast spot.
Try out a taco shop or two, but if you're looking for a sit down restaurant try El Zarape (Go to the location on Adams St.).

If you're looking for any kind of asian food (barring Chinese) Convoy St has a lot of good places.

If you go to In N Out prepare to wait in a long line and be underwhelmed.

If you love rustic and authentic Italian, try Olive Garden. it's amazing

There are two El Zarapes on Adams now. One just opened.

Samefagging, but does anyone know of any good Chinese food in SD? I've lived here for 6 years and I haven't found one.

Haven't been to SD in years, so excuse my vague memory:

Go try some carne asada fries if you aren't already in California.

There is a Mexican hole in the wall that has every square inch decorated with Mexican wrestlers. Don't remember the name but the food was damn good.

There's a local pizza joint in the north that brews their own sour ale, both the food & beer were great.

There's a place in Hillcrest called Hong Kong Restaurant that's pretty good. Get their twice cooked pork or Szechuan beef.

What the fuck are you talking about? He needs to get in n out. Even if it's just to know what it's like because everybody talks about it. I feel like hating on in n out is purely to act contrarian and fucking cool because you're above what the normal plebs like.

OH! Go to this sandwhich shop called Submarina. It used to be a larger chain of shops, but they've been going out of business recently. Their sandwhiches are by far the best I've ever had though. They fucking load the sandwiches, and cut the meat and cheese fresh to order

Theres like other cajun places but Boiling Crab is og

OP has already been in San Diego for some period of time. He's probably already been to In N Out which is why he asked about other places. Cool it on the autistic sperging.

Go to Hungry Hanks in Chula Vista.
Damn good sandwiches.

If you have a car, try Peterson's Donuts petersonsdonutcorner.menutoeat.com/ in Escondido. Go EARLY during the week, like before 5. Otherwise go early on Sat or Sun. Worth the drive!

go to Aqui Es Texcoco for REAL Mexican food. Kearny Mesa/Convoy area for all sorts of Asian food. Gaslamp if you wanna drink and party all night long