Be busser

>be busser
>say hi good morning to head chef
>doesnt even look at me
>see him later eating lunch and ask how his day went
>nothing

whats his problem? i make more than him from tips lmao who does think he is

He might just be autistic, shy, socially anxious, depressed, etc.

Please try to understand.

>i make more than him from tips

That's exactly why he hates you. You make more than him but don't have anywhere near the skill.

Ideally he should make friends with you though. He ought to figure out that if he hooks you up with some free food then you can hook him up with a share of the belongings that customers leave behind in the restaurant.

He probably knows you post Reddit frogs.

>head chef makes less than busser

Where do you work, Applebee's?

chefs make like max 50k a year

That applies to most restaurants, even fine dining. Busser gets tips, Chef doesn't. That alone puts the busser far ahead.

Go read Kitchen Confidential and you might learn something.

I'm a Commis at a Country Club and make that. The executive makes $150,000+ a free car and cell phone. Fuck, even I have a free company phone.

Kitchen Confidential is the "raw" blathering of a junkie Chef working with Mexicans in an unrefined, tourist driven restaurant in Manhattan. Le Halles isn't French in the slightest. Every cook who works there is non-French, they're not even white. Don't quote Bourdain again. That's just as bad as quoting Eddie Huang, who once upon a time wasn't a hyper-left leaning hipster douche that hates white people, despite the FACT yuppie whites in the 1980s visiting Disney World are the SOLE REASON his father's steakhouse was successful.

TV Chefs = out if touch with reality, tainted by HollyWeird.

I'll take his word over yours any day, thanks.

>>Every cook who works there is non-French, they're not even white
Ever seen the line at Le Bernadin?

>>TV Chefs = out if touch with reality, tainted by HollyWeird.

Agreed. And when that book was written he wasn't a TV star at all. He was literally a full-time pro chef.

He was featured in half a dozen documentaries, one created by HBO where he has a 15min piece about the idiocy he spews in Kitchen Confidential.

I don't eat in establishments with non-American workers. Period. Living in the Hudson Valley I have a choice daily to buy American, eat local and support local business. Fuck a McChicken.

God's work, user.

I'm not buying it, when I worked as a busser in a country club I averaged $12 an hour, $15 on a good day. If you're head chef and you can't beat that quit. Secretary jobs pay better.

>He was featured in half a dozen documentaries

not until after he published his book.

>>I don't eat in establishments with non-American workers
1) How would you know what the workers are in the back?

2)Why would you care?

3) What does your personal choice for restaurant workers have to do with the fact that the industry, from shithole to 3-star, is packed with foreigners/immigrants?

He's just virtue signalling /pol/tards. It's quite likely he never leaves his mom's basement let alone goes to a restaurant.

>virtue signalling
There's that detachment from reality that has lost libs elections since 2010. Keep doing it, I bet it'll work soon.

Prior to Kitchen Confidential he was featured on HBO, hence the interest in "that guy" by the general public.

>eating in establishments without open kitchens

Fuck, even the McDonald's in my town has that. Isn't hard to judge a person on face value if they're legal or not. Generally speaking if they're legal, and have some type of valuable skill, they don't have to work in fast food, or dig gutters, or cut lawns. Those used to be jobs exclusively for transients, felons and teenagers. Delivering newspapers also is done by smelly illegals now. Awful. Factually speaking an illegal Jamaican abducted and raped/murdered a girl not too long ago in my town. Not to be trusted.

The majority of restaurants here are staffed by Americans, who aren't Hepatitis infected scum. The majority of restaurants anywhere I've ever been were like that. Only penny pinching cheapskates enslave the illegals to do their cooking/run their restaurants.

He's an asshole with a chip on his shoulder. A good head chef knows everyone by name, and talks to everyone, because that's how they know everything that's going on in the restaurant.

FUCKING BULLSHIT. i used to bus and i made only half of what the chef maid. Youre not making server money
>b-but buasers make tips!!
Only a small percentage and they are paid below minimum hourly so..

>Generally speaking if they're legal, and have some type of valuable skill, they don't have to work in fast food, or dig gutters, or cut lawns
citation needed

>smelly illegals

>Factually speaking
>proceed with anecdotal account

>Hepatitis infected scum

Well, at least you could try and not do a whole rhetoric who is reeking of xenophobia so much even Trump wouldn't tweet about it

>virtue signalling
>snowflake
>triggered
Lelelel we steal their words. Maybe then they will stop hurting us lefty manchildren.

You really oughta stop reading HuffPost kiddo.

>xenophobia

What race is "illegal" exactly?

Mexico City is FULL of doctors, lawyers, judges, businessmen/women. It's only scum with no talent/education that comes to America without documentation. Plenty of Mexicans attended Culinary School with me.

>he doesn't know what xenophobia means

Othet countries are full of other races/people.

What race is "illegal" ?

I think you're just mad about being stuck in ESL classes for half your life because your monolingual wetback parents refuse to assimilate to American life.

SAD!!!

You're the first one to mention race, champ. Perhaps you'd like to tell us?

Mexican isn't a race, they're mixed race people.

Brilliant. And what does that have to do with xenophobia, and your inability to comprehend the English language?

Why do you think that all foreigners are illegal is the better question. Do you just bunch whites together into one stereotype, Juanito?

Please show me where I said that.

In lieu of that, perhaps you'd be inclined to answer my last question?

>he says that when he buys chinese trash

im a busser get more than min wage and tips bring mr to the same level as my sister who is a nurse

>foreigners aren't other races
>yurra wayciss
>I CONTROL THE NARRATIVE NOW
> Y U NO SPEAKA DA ENGRISH

What race is "illegal", stay on topic.

>cute new part time busser joins restaurant
>tsundere chef acts cold at first
>despite this the new busser keeps acting nice towards him
>the chef starts noticing how cute the busser is
>cannot confront his feelings, starts becoming more flustered and mean
>one day he sees the busser crying in the walk-in fridge, saying "why is he so mean to me?" through his sobs
>the chef's heart breaks and decides to man up and comfort him
>ends up confessing to the busser
>they have a moment of reconciliation
>start dating
>live happily forever after
Thanks for the inspiration OP.