Lying

You still lying Veeky Forums?

constant and all pervasive self-delusion is all that keeps me from suicide

Constant and all pervasive self delusion is what makes you want to commit suicide

EXCUSE me?! I'll have you know that I was raped and BEATEN as a child. If I WASN'T delusional and lying to myself I would be in jail for 9 COUNTS OF 1ST DEGREE MURDER??

You don't know that. You can start telling the truth now and see what happens

I'm definitely not lying when I say that Harris pisses me off to no end.

He pisses me off too but he always gets me thinking

He gets me thinking, too, about how much of an astoundingly obvious hack he is.

Then you breaking down and your inability to overcome previous trauma only proves that you are weak and were never capable of growing into a mature man/woman. It's the story of most serial killers and rapists, so it isn't surprising.

What is hacky about him?

well I guess I will just have to self-actualize as a serial killer thanks for opening my eyes

No I wouldn't be a liar, if I told you that. . .

He unironically believes in objective morality which is inherent to the physical universe

Why is that a bad thing?

Because it's stupid as hell

You're not providing any arguments.

The real problem is that he unironically believes in objective morality while not believing in god. The morality is inherent to the physical universe.

The only """""truth"""""" that can be captured in language is trivial: A∴A
Actual truth is ineffable

(Checked)
Not an argument.

Well, really, neither does he.

Harris's entire justification for this belief is built on degrees of human suffering that result from various actions and social systems. His arguments are superficial and built for mass appeal- faced with any attempt to delve into the roots of his arguments in debate, he just rests on the crutch of pointing out the suffering caused by Abrahamic faiths, no matter how irrelevant that is to what the other party is trying to discuss.

That's what I said, isn't it?

No one suffers except The 'I'. Everything else is just making a display and The 'I' is making an assumption either way to their veracity.

Tell that to knockoff Ben Stiller

I can literally point to one single moral rule that doesn't have anything to do with human "well-being" in any culture on the planet and Harris' thesis about morality is destroyed.