Jersey Mike's

Can any sub chain even fucking compete?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aZrks-BPeLQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Good but overpriced.

Every single one besides Subway and Jimmy John?

Larrys giant subs

Welcome to Jersey Mike's, what type of meat and bun would you like with your lettuce stacked on lettuce.

>somehow fiber is bad
This is why your body hates you

Believe me when I say that Jersey Mike's is just an inferior version of Lenny's. Lenny's is better in every conceivable way. The only one in my state closed a couple years ago, so I'm without it, but if you live near one, go and get it and appreciate it while you still can.

I live right by a Publix, I get better subs without having to pay the "watch some guy with a GED cut your deli meat in front of you" tax

>$16 for a sandwich
>credit card scanner makes asks you whether or not you want to tip 15%/20%/30% and won't let you finish the transaction until you hit NO TIP as hard as you can

fuck that place. just because you cut your ham in front of me, doesn't mean your sandwich is worth twice as much as one from Subway

>"... with salt & pepper, please"
>"Oh, we don't have pepper, we only have oregano"

pretentious faggots. right up there with starbucks.

fuck sub chains just make a sandwich at you house

>$16 sandwich
>he orders a GIANT sandwich with presumably EXTRA toppings

god damn dude how fucking obese are you??????????

no one eats those sandwiches in 1 sitting. that's the point. you share it, or save half for dinner. or does that ruin your non-argument in defense of that shithole? do you only keep oregano in your spice cabinet, too?

What's the difference between a regular and a giant?

ask David or Goliath

so it's $16 for a sandwich that you would split into two meals, so it's effectively $8 a sandwich (less if you order a cold sandwich like a non-high and mighty asshole). not the worst price for the quality, you irritable fuck.

I can appreciate that joke, but was hoping an anonymous would tell me for real. I know I could Google it but they aren't even in my area so it's a passing interest. I just assume $16 should get you a pretty fucking big sandwich.

>so it's $16 for a sandwich that you would split into two meals, so it's effectively $8 a sandwich

No, because you can do the same for a $8 Subway footlong. Half now, half later. Making them $4 per meal. Same with any sub.

I'll be serious now (checked)
subway has 6 inch reg, footlong (12 inch) large
Mike's has 7.5 inch reg, 15 inch large

Ahh, ok, thanks. Then my opinion is it is a large sandwich I'd never eat in 1 sitting. However at that price value I consider them Subway tier so still not worth it.

Not saying they're shitty but you gotta consider value. Maybe they also offer signature sandwiches that make it worthwhile. But if you want a ham and swiss with mustard, not the place to go.

>Salt and pepper on a sub
Gross.

Out of my way sandwich fucking shits!

shitty dead chain

>ham and swiss with mustard
at that point you'd just make that at home

>what is sodium
Oh wow

>He needs more sodium with his deli meat.

I hate the obnoxious flair shit they put all over their menu. Like pretending their boring and average restaurant has character instead of just realizing that people just go there for lunch and only really give a shit that they can get a big sandwich for an arbitrary price

True but they still are decent for the price and the bag ordering system is convenient.

its not even the best shitty dead chain

agreed
youtu.be/aZrks-BPeLQ

Agreed. I can see it with something veggie based but deli meat is often cured.

No, i don't: i was implying that there's already sodium in deli meat, so it's retarded to be all "eww salt in my sammie is gross!"

JFC, is summer over yet?

So how does adding salt to your sub not make it extra terrible? Can't you fucking high schoolers read

Wawa.
PA>>>>>>>NJ

Do you not understand that salt is in every ingredient used to make a sandwich? That's why i implied that it's silly to say "i don't like salt in my sammich" BECAUSE IT'S ALREADY THERE.

Does babby get it yet?

holy shit you're dense,HE'S SAYING IF THE SALT IS ALREADY THERE WOULDN'T EXTRA SALT MAKE IT WORSE

user, yes of course. Let's just imagine we live in a world where people have jobs and can't go home, or good forbid on vacation and want a simple sandwich.

I'm gonna need that autism checked at the door.

Why are you so fucking dumb

>landlocked state > anything

sbeetie :D

a firehouse subs with a good manager is the toppest fucking tier of sandwiches

>steamed hook and ladder
>loaded italian

oh my holy fuck
Problem is, if it's a shitty manager the subs come out sloppy and with chunks of tomato cores instead of nicely sliced ingredients. It's a big risk

anyone who actually has access to a wawa (and isnt under the age of 21) knows how shit they've become within the past 7 years.

you probably dont even remember when they cut their own meat. wawa sucks.

wasn't wawa owned by some cult at some point?

It's shit.

Subway is also literally plastic.

But im not sure why we're so fervently debating about sandwich franchises when we would probably agree that making your own sammies is always the better option over any chain.

I live in jersey. I go to a sub shop owned by a WOP.

>iceberg lettuce
>having any nutritional value at all
lel

Firehouse subs is objectively the best sub chain

Yeah if you want to wait an hour for a sandwich.

>he doesn't understand what soluble fiber is
Try not to shit yourself inside out pal

> I don't like waiting for good food
Go back to eating your frozen dinner, Cleatus

You might have a point but I worked there.

You get whatever meat and cheese and other toppings first than they load as much lettuce as it can hold after that.

So it's just a win-win if it's a problem for you just ask for less.

why does anyone eat at Jimmy John's
how the hell do you manage to be worse than Subway, fuck

actually, that's probably easier than one'd expect, Subway tastes okay even despite the trash bread and awful ingredients

I'm so glad I live near Publix too.
kind of mad I moved from my last place though, I used to be right across the street and could walk over whenever
that's the only thing better though

>no one eats those sandwiches in 1 sitting
that's wrong, welcome to the USA

making your own is universally better (except if you order from Publix, where it's basically made from the same ingredients you might buy, just put together by someone else -- but it'd still be cheaper to do it yourself)
but people are lazy and will gladly pay for someone else to make them a sandwich

I went to jersey mike's a couple times. I liked that the italian sub came with gabagool but I wish I could get it heated up. I also got a big kahuna cheese steak which was pretty good. everything was too expensive though.

Dibellas

harris teeter subs are better than any sub chain

J Mike's and Potbelly's are both great but overpriced for amount of food you get.

this, no philly cheesesteak is good enough to be $12.95 without even soda or a side with it

CTfag here. For a regional chain, you could do a hell of a lot worse than Nardelli's.

There's wawa's in NJ you stupid fucking redneck.

PA also blows you bunch of hicks. You're a northern state, remember?

Burger King has better subs.

There are at least two chains that are better.
As said, Larry's Giant Subs. The other other is a smaller chain in the Southeast called Baldinos (but they only have about 15 locations in 3 states).

Firehouse for the fucking win

It's not even close

wawa is good for some shit, but the sandwiches are shit

WHAT ABOUT MY FOOTLONG, IT'LL TAKE YOU TO FLAVORTOWN ANY DAY

They just opened one of these where I live.
How's it stack up against JJ's?

>$9 for a 7" sub
Fuck that

it's same

Firehouse

Fucking this, I can get essentially the same chicken parmesan sub at dominoes for cheaper

Jimmy Johns is better quality (better bread, better meats) but more expensive and less sandwhich.

Mikes large is bigger than JJ's large. JJ is more customizable. Mikes is cheaper.

I would honestly argue it goes JJ>Firehouse>Mikes>>>>>>>>>>>subway in terms of quality, and Subway>Mikes>JJ>>>>>>>>>>firehouse in terms of price to sub ratio

By this metric, I have determined Mikes and JJ are my best option, and I go to mikes when I want something filling and JJ when I want something great and [spoiler]publix when I want both[/spoiler]

>dominoes subs
>the same
>buying sandwhiches/pasta/wings/anything other than Pizza or breadsticks as a chain pizza joint ever
u wot

>Jimmy Johns having better better bread and meat than anyone

Absolute bullshit. They tie exactly with Subway for being the worst

Capriotti's is the best. Their thanksgiving sub and pastrami melt are amazing.

What do people have against JJ's bread exactly? That shit is fuckin good.
I can understand not liking the sandwiches in general because they dump a gallon on mayo on all of them, but the bread is pretty fucking good quality.

I've had it before an honestly they both tasted the same. My point was is that while Jersey Mikes is good, it just overpriced for what it's made and I can essentially get the same sub at another place for cheaper.

Potbelly

>soda or a side

>2017
>Buying a soda
>Buying a side

Do people really do this?? WTF

Primo Hoagies. Enjoy your shitwiches.

Work at Subway and can confirm that it's garbage, actually go home and make my own sandwich after a shift. Peanut Butter and banana all day long.

But really it's all the same. Get shit trucked in from a flyover state and listen to customers drone on about why what they're ordering needs to be exactly X calories despite dousing it all in mayo anyway and field complaints on what other stores do. No matter which chain you pick you're gonna find someone who will eat there six times a week and someone who went to a shit location and swears up and down it's a turd on a bun. I actually get pissed off Jimmy Johns customers fairly often, if that helps your survey any.

If you're going to claim PA at least use Primo's.

This, 100%. I worked at Wawa up until 2 years ago when I got a big boy job. I had worked there for 11 years before that and watched the deterioration. While some of the meat had been prepackaged when I started, it was of a much higher quality than the shit they started giving us later. It all took place when Chris Gheyson took over the company. He began jewing out on tons of shit, including labor hours. He wants to make the company sort of a "jack of all trades" but is stretching his staffing too thin leaving too much room for error.

lol wut?

>2017
>have pepe folder
>post pepe
>rare only

Do people really do this?? WTF

Zeros
>Any two subs on tuesday for 14$
>Its actually a foot-long sub roll
>When you order a grinder, your jaw actually aches to finish it by the end

>83 replies
>the god tier has not been posted yet
It's ok, kids. I'll just end the thread right here.

There is a local sub chain in Dallas called The Great Outdoors. Jersey Mike used to work there and stole nearly every aspect of his restaurant from them. The Great Outdoors is much, much better than Jersey Mike's will ever be.

>tfw eating at jersey mike's while being a benny in new jersey
the pinnacle of authenticity, you faggots

Pretty sure firehouse subs is superior in every way.

I've heard from multiple people that Lenny' s and JM are basically the exact same. I've only ever had Lenny's but the only two around me closed so I don't know if any exist near me anymore.

in the midwest there is a chain called Dibellas which is twice as good as any other chain you can name.

and this comes from a guy who grew up in south jersey, which, along with philly, have the best subs in the world.

jersey mikes is average and it doesnt represent a "jersey sub" faithfully, imo. if you want a real jersey sub, go to white house sub shop in atlantic city. now THATs a sub.