Al/ck/

Just kill me already edition

>tfw all my friends drink and constantly invite me to bars

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_r0n9Dv6XnY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pray for smirnoffbro edition lads

on 3 of 6 standard pale ales after a long nights work… feels good. sleep will be good.
Sharing the good feels people!!!

Legitimately brought a tear to my eye. Haven't cried for years.

What happened to him?

>all my friends
You don't belong in this thread, let alone the fact that you had the nerve to start one

I'm an autist in normie's clothing. I prefer the autist lifestyle by far.

Just made it to a full week sober, lads!

Almost relapsed after talking to a shrink though.

I have never felt so awful in my life. I can stand the wd and dts but emotionally I'm a wreck. I had a job I loved. I was the lead hand on a cousins roofing crew. Alcohol would help me put up with the stress of the job. My boss hired 2 more alcoholics this year and our combined spotty punctuation caused our boss to lose work from the general contractor. A company with the best reputation in town. My boss was the nicest and most understanding person to work for. A total bro. He didn't deserve that. He didn't care if I smelled like a brewery every morning. As long as I was there work got done and lots of it. He didnt care if i fucked up as long as i would learn from and fix my mistakes. He said he might keep me around but it would be in my best interest to look for a more full time solution.

on my fifth double shot of SoCo 100 proof. feels numb man. refilled the 90% empty old gramps with it. not looking forward to the blend, but maybe it'll be alright.

i'm supposed to be losing weight for an occupational fitness test this month but that booze though. :|

good job m8, i'm proud of ya. fuck them demons right in their asshole. you are in control motherfucker.

Cont'd
I know it's not the end of the world and I can find work elsewhere but it's important to me to have a job I enjoy if I'm going to be spending so much of my time at it. The way the weathers been this year with retarded amounts of rain I could barely make my bills. Would have helped if I tapered my habits drinking and smoking.

How did you guys(american) get alcohol when you were underage and weren't social enough to get upperclassmen freidsn to buy it for you? J-just wondering.

Thanks senpai. I mostly feel good though, although I often feel like I have no idea what to do with myself now.

I need a hobby that isn't moonshining.

I played D&D until I was 21. I did not play it after.

Isn't it a bad sign if you need booze to cope with a job you're supposed to love?

kinda hard if you don't have friends with connections or an older sibling willing to buy for you
theres always the option of paying a nearby hobo $10 to go buy you a 30 rack
but it seems like you REALLY don't belong in this thread. go to the fucking advice board

Cont'd here I an after vomiting up blood 3 days ago and tapering off with a 6 pack considering what to do. Way too much rain this year. A change of pace would be nice. Making less money might be a good thing

My older brother was drinking a lot of good beer when I was a teenager ,this was before the craft beer fad and beer was way cheaper in the 90s. There would be enough belgium/german beer and cider in the fridge I never had to buy it.

Good point to be made and I've thought about it before and I feel like it's not the stress of the job but it's stress in general.
I should seek therapy of some sort but it's stressful to think I'm going to end up homeless if I continue on the way I am.

Quitting the sauce gets you a lot of rice and beans money.

>2am
>ran out just now
>8 hours until alcohol sale starts

Just finished cracking cold ones with a friend, just talking about personal stuff. Depressing af, but it's nice knowing someone cares.

Going to wrap up the day with whiskey, vodka and pastis, pure or in a strong blend.

What's some good

>smirnoffbro going cold turkey
>after repeated advice across months to not do so

welp

russky standart

You're right. Everyone's right. Some ads hole Nicaraguan I worked for told me booze takes the lead out of your pencil and my dad told me it makes you more willing yet less able. I guess I should just look for a less stressful job even though it's less pay. It's clear that I'm either gonna need therapy and a prescription or end up dying from liver failure.

High dubs checked you silly mofo.

Try browsing other boards and finding something you like? Maybe play some groundbreaking vidya like ES3 Morrowind? Get mad about politics? Read Veeky Forums. I believe in you user.

I wish I could be an alcoholic. I love the buzz. But even the smallest amount of alcohol seems to give me gnarly hangovers.

If they do this yet won't help you deal with the aftermath, they're not real friends or they're clueless.

You niggas need to start homebrewing cider for when you're hard up like that. Like, gallons and gallons at a time. If you're in the US and broke, you can get the juice, sugar, and yeast with EBT. I was making nine bucks an hour at the height of my drinking and never in a dry bind. You couldn't even walk in my laundry room for all the jugs.

Not sure if you can get this where you are but green mark isn't too bad for under 20 here

Just moved in with a friend, probably he knows im quite a drinker. Third day living here and i bought booze. Havent touched it yet. But i dont want him to know im such a fucking alcoholic loser. Hiding my drinking, im a fucking mess mentally

cheers everyone

No you don't. Most people who enjoy drinking would love to be able to do it all the time without consequence. But sadly most of us al/ck/s have to quit eventually due to financial ruin, health taking a dive, etc. I'm no AAfag, I do acknowledge that there are some alcoholics who can go on drinking and live full lives, maybe even eventually control their intake, but they're a lucky few. I'm sure as fuck not one of them.

>invited to bars
>have friends

normie get the fug out

fu

love you too babe

:*

UV is my go to. Distilled 4 or 5 times, and about 21 dollars for a half gallon jug.
Never a hangover or craziness. Just clean liquor

Also, I'm in Utah so it's probably like $12 dollars for the same amount anywhere else

>Go through a terrible 36 hour withdrawal
>Try nursing beers just to feel right again
>Wake up this morning, feel just fine
>Drink 8 pounders in 5 hours

Why do I never learn from my mistakes? I'm just gonna get sick again

I can only afford to get pissed once a week now. Poverty is preventing me from destroying my organs.

there's always sköl

Read about kindling and scare yourself straight.

Don't have that in my country. I already buy the cheapest abv.

Current poison of choice. Only the second time I've drank Jim Beam. Better than white label, at least. That tasted like total shit.

had a half jeltzin now, feeling human and sweating as shite

youtube.com/watch?v=_r0n9Dv6XnY

I didn't believe it was real until it actually happened to me since it's technically not proven.

Let me tell you, there's nothing quite like obsessing over trying to find a way to reverse it all the while making it worse. Now, I can literally be legally drunk but already withdrawing. Drinking card officially revoked.

Homeless guys

>kindling
Holy fuck, i'm only 25 and this is happening to me. Time to quit I Guess

I need to hear these stories cause I'm in the tipping point...... my boss just told me I'm able to come back but this is the last chance. I've done nothing but try to get back in better shape but I know that if I don't stop trying to supress my depression I'll end up making the same mistakes.... these stories help me feel. I want to get better.

Yeah, getting back into reading now I can remember what I've read again is a good idea.

Clearheadedness feels pretty luxurious now desu

Never mind. Just read the whole article twice. Everything makes sense now. Put everything in perspective. I will be doing everything I can to stay away from alcohol. Thank you everyone. I will will never forget this

Look into alcoholism medication. There's no lesson to be learned. Its brain chemistry.

Good luck m8. Don't forget to taper gently though.

Oh my god schizophrenia. Fuck it's too late. I know it is. I just want this wild ride to end.

You're never getting better.... Just like us.

22 days sober for me. If I fail another alcohol test, my probation officer said I'll go to jail, yet, there have still been several time when I have become incredibly tempted. My work is right next to a liquor store, and my breaks and lunches are pretty brutal as far as cravings go. If the threat of jail can hardly scare me into abstaining, I'm not really sure if I'm in the right mindset for long term sobriety. I hate being an alcohol.

Jail isn't so bad you know.... It's like high school really. I don't know.

The shit we sometimes have to drink to get drunk...

vanilla extract...

Drunk the peppermint essence once. 97% alcohol.

It's never too late.

Death itself fails to scare us, and we've seen the grim reaper from pretty close. Jail threat is a joke.
Don't rely on these kind of threats for your sobriety.

its bad guys
uit real bad

Listening to the sound of music musical right now.
Very good tunes when doing sudokus.

how was it?

I'm pretty sure he wants to die, even if he went to the hospital he's fucked himself up so badly I doubt he'd have that much time left even with proper treatment.

After sleeping for 3 hours and having a vivid dream about having a pet alpaca viciously clawing at me I have woken up to the shakes and I've throwing up. Any tips to help me make It through work today?

>trying to do july sober
>keep getting jerked around by uni administration
>only hobbies are getting fucked up and homemade cider
>27 days left
f-feels great ...

Broke 6 months of sobriety and currently on day 3 of my bender. Feels like shit man

I'm a functioning alcoholic, or at least I used to until I lost my job. Drank so hard, couldn't even get drunk anymore, I started to have massive body pain, confusion, couldn't swallow anything including booze, so quickly came withdrawals, then they turned into delirium tremens, so I stayed at a hospital, for the first 3 days I was a wreck, spent most of the time in bed.

I went back to the hospital 2 times, relapsed and I simply couldn't stop drinking because whenever I did, terrible anxiety came and heartbeat off the charts.

I am after my third time from the hospital, and I am on my 3rd month sober. It's pretty easy, and i take meds to help me sleep, and to my surprise, unlike the last 2 times, I feel good. I will at some point attempt to slowly get back to drinking, and if it ends like the last time, then I'll never drink again ever, I hope.

First 3 or 4 months are the easiest. Depression starts to hit around 5 or 6. Good luck bro, it aint easy but is worth it

I don't wan't to get drunk I only wan't to drink beer!

>I will at some point attempt to slowly get back to drinking, and if it ends like the last time, then I'll never drink again ever, I hope.
Third time's the charm, user, not fourth.

Also, withdrawals will be worse each time you quit.

Alcoholics are a fucking scourge of the land. I put you fucks in the same basket with tweakers and junkies, and secretly hope another Hitler would come along to rid us of your degenerate ways. Throwing away not only your life but destroying your family and friends along the way!

>Any tips to help me make It through work today?
Yep.
Kill yourself.

>I will at some point attempt to slowly get back to drinking,
HAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHHAAHHA. Good fucking luck, retard. In case you haven't figured it out yet, you can't drink like a normal person, so just don't. Stay sober while you're ahead. But hey, no one listens to anyone else and you'll have to figure it out when you end up in the hospital however many more times, losing jobs, relationships, your own sanity, etc...

I don't think i'm at risk of depression, I'm doing really fine lately. Positive, energetic etc.
In my case, the first withdrawals were the worst, by a huge margin, the 2 other times weren't as severe.
I'm naively hoping that my tolerance, as some people claim, will lower itself a bit. If that happens, I am willing to drink even once a month. Before landing in the hospital, second and third time, I took breaks between drinking, for 2-4 days.

>
You see, in my case I didn't know there were such consequences to drinking, and that there were withdrawals, I was oblivious to such facts, general view here was (I'm Polish) drugs are bad, duh, and since here so many people drink alco, then so can I, I supposed.

>going out in clubs and bars with friends
>always get drunk from just two beers, feel woozy and fall asleep as soon as I hit home
>decide to get one of those lemon beers with half the alcohol
>"is this a joke?"
>"lol dude if you had that when we came in you would've gotten inside for free"
>"cmon man don't you have balls or something?

What are some manly peer-approved drinks that don't get you drunk fast?

Don't conform to the damaging manly stereotype.

Just drink whatever you like in moderation and be confident.

>only drank one bottle of wine last night
gonna make it bros

Water.

Why the fuck does my chest hirt
It didnt hurt before i started drinking today
I cant even breathe in deeply without it hurting

>all my friends
stop posting

Irish and British stouts. American ones tend to the HURR MANLY ROCKET FUEL end of things, but a good pint of Guinness is the same ABV as a Coors Light.

Speaking of ~manly rocket fuel~, just bought my first bottle of Graves. What do I do with it other than using smaller bottles for my homemade schnapps and fortifying my vodka when it isn't quite enough?

You dun goofed, switching beverages to cave to their demands will show them how weak you are. Drink that lemon piss and tell them to go gargle walrus balls.

drink vodka and soda with lime dipshit

i used to buy it myself.
put on a hoodie and hat then walk right up to
the counter like it was any other purchase.

did that starting around 13yrs old.
sometimes you'd get questioned but most of the time it'd
work.

Obviously it's bad.
Be strong user. You can make it.

>Be an alcoholic
>Don't want to face truth, so claim I drink as much as everybody
>Someone drinks lighter beers and makes me look bad
>Better call him a faggot.
>I'M A MANLY MAN, NOT A DRUNK.
Tell your friends real men suck cocks #nohomo.
Real men drink whatever they want without conforming to whatever idiots tell them to do.

hello friends
im feelingso very empty today. a hollow shell of darkness.
how is everyone else?

lonely senpai

No friends 330ml of hard liquor every night for the last 4 years.
Can't wait to die.

>be me
>be an al/ck/ too poor and too respectful of my gf's wishes to drink as much as i'd like
>worry about my weekly day of drinking
>read about kindling in fear of what i might have done to myself over the years
>realise i've never truly had withdrawal, just a few strong hangovers
>never truly met the criteria for "binge drinking" more than 2-3 times in my life either

sweet

How much on average do you drink per day?

A fifth of liqour

never more? it seems at 4 years your tolerance would make 330ml a lot less than it used to be.

It kinda has ill occasionally get some beer to top it off or just chug it right before bed.
Doesn't really fuck me up as much as it used to.

Can't buy a full bottle though because I would end up drinking the entire thing in one night even if I didn't want to.

My dad does not enjoy cold beer, instead of leaving it outside he will keep it in fridge then proceed to let beer bottle sit on open flame to warm it up. What are the chances it explodes with glass shards flying everywhere fucking him up?

The kindling is real, fellow anons. I have been through withdrawal about 20 times, the last time suddenly slipping into delirium tremens. I'll greentext a bit.
>be me 21
>can buy alcohol whenever I want, yay (was already an alcoholic before this, but not as bad as I became)
>begin drinking all day every day
>nearing a fifth a day for about 6 months
>decide to stop, never even heard about withdrawal at the time
>sitting in room just playing some games, without drinking for first time in 6 months
>heart beating very fast, paranoia
>blurry vision, hands shaky and begin to cramp
>suddenly realize this is because I need a drink
>drink and immediately feel better, but realize I am at the point where it is no longer fun
>continue to drink and attempt to stop, go through withdrawal quite like the one I just explained, except increasingly worse (throwing up, panic attacks, mild hallucinations, face twitches, etc..)

I'll continue with the story of my latest withdrawal and dts when I get on my next break from work if anyone cares to hear.

Drink less and smoke weed