How does your city's tap water stack up? I live in Orlando and it's fucking awful...

How does your city's tap water stack up? I live in Orlando and it's fucking awful. I literally get a hangover from drinking this shit

Other urls found in this thread:

globalnews.ca/news/2547872/bc-neighbourhood-wins-title-of-best-tap-water-in-the-world/
wwlp.com/2017/06/29/town-and-county-of-barnstable-settling-2-95m-water-contamination-suit/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

mine is top notch but you have to run it for a full minute to get the best it has to offer

I've had bottled water that tastes worse than my tap water so I assume it's pretty good? Hard to measure honestly. I live in south jersey.

I live in the Southwest of the UK. The tap water is perfectly fine, though it tastes a little sharp, possibly due to chlorine or minerals. Boiling makes it milder.

The water here in Colorado Springs is some of the best in the country.

i don't drink water

Kansas City water isn't great. I mean, it's OK but it alternates between heavy in minerals or at times just tasting a bit off. I think most people here get water softners installed but I never bothered. I just use a britta pitcher.

Anywhere near the Mojave always tastes like shit. I live near Atlanta and that shit is top notch

alright general ripper

are you actually saying that you allow women access to your essence? why would you do such a thing?

Natural limestone deposits make our water some of the cleanest in the country. Fun fact, I learned about this at a bourbon distillery and not in school.

wtf user. I'm in orlando and OUC water is great. Are you on a well or some shit?

apparently it's quite fucking good here in toronto but i've never been out of southern ontario so i can't say for sure, except that london's is worse

Nice try OUC shill

nice try zephyrhills shill

Zephyrhills is foul swill. Particularly when compared with the crisp, refreshing taste of Dasani™

Chicago city water here. Pretty tasty

Milwaukee has top-tier water since we have great treatment plants and are right next to one of the largest bodies of freshwater.

Nyc. S-Rank water

>tfw I've never tried tap water and the idea scares me because I was always told it's dirty but mom still used it to make soups stews etc so that's fine somehow
I go to a water/grocery store and buy my water by the gallon containers like any other desert dwelling resident, maybe one day I can get a filter

Same man. I'm around A.C. and I've never had better.

Did you get shot today?

Louisville? I know they like to circle jerk about their tap water.

Wellwater masterrace.

Dunedin, NZ, the water is free but it's pretty bad honestly. Balclutha, about an hour out of Dunedin has pretty bad water, if you freeze it, it gets this nasty brown residue building up.

"Freedom" is great, especally when fire comes out of your tap instead of water due to fracking. Corporate control of water will probably be the last straw for the subjugated populace of the Land of Corporate Freedom.

Lead. Lead pipes everywhere. Tastes like shit.
Mayor spending 100s of millions on a 2 mile trolley though.

You sound like you're a fucking blast at parties.

Dunedin here too, do you notice the water here has air dissolved in it a lot of the time too? It comes out cloudy but slowly bubbles out

Memphis, TN. Not bad.
I actually just got back from a vacation in Orlando OP and I agree what the hell is in your pipes man it fucking smells.

Yo I live in Memphis and we have the best water.
Fantastic stuff; comes from the natural aquifer under my feet.

Well, I do like to drink it while masturbating.

Baton Rouge, it's better than most of the country surprisingly.

>that first sip of the day

Portland tap water has a noticeable taste to it that I dislike quite a bit.

Australian with 8 rain water tanks in the backyard.... :)

Mo,AL here are water is freshly filtered rain water other than the fluoride and sometimes old ass pipes it's pretty good

*Our

i drink only squeezed lemon with water
pure water taste average in here

i used to live in cleveland and the water reeked of chlorine.

Flint here. Haven't drank the tap water in a while but I remember it tasting fine.

well water, it's really good water though.

I've traveled all around Australia and I think our water is pretty good all round. Sometimes it gets a strong chlorine type smell but the water still tastes fine to drink.
Industrial areas seem to get some shitty metallic tasting water though.

Chicago here. Our water comes from cribs several miles out in Lake Michigan. I think it tastes pretty good and apparently it's rated pretty highly as well.

2/3 places I've lived in chicago had white water coming out the tap

Different user, lived in Orlando for a year:
Your tap water smells like rotten eggs because of its high sulfer content. It fucking blows.

Either get glass bottled high quality spring water like gerolsteiner, perrier, san pellegrino, appolonaris

Or get a reverse osmosis filter, or a distiller, or some kind of extended gravity fed filter system

tap water is not potable no matter what "they" tell you

You sound like 105 iq stupid liberal. Pay no mind to the fact that the government has been poisoning the water supplies with hexaflourosilicic acid for the last 70 years.

Yuropoor here, I can't help but noticing that actually nobody wrote "superb" or "excellent", and that really, really makes me think.

Toronto checking in. Tap water is pretty gud actually. Just as good as yoir average bottled water.

Rural Australia here
The water is top notch. fine tasting and clean.

Scotland has the finest tap water.

Pittsburgh it tastes OK but contains lead because the city privatized the utility and some foreign company is making money by poisoning us. since it hit the news a few months ago they've been sending out free water sample kits for testing and become more aggressive about collecting money. capitalism is failing

My town name literally translates to "Land of sweet water". I'll always drink the water here, water bottles can never compare.

West Virginia. It's probably the best thing about this state. I've been told that here and New York have the best tap water in the country. Every once in a while I go down to Florida and the water just gets worse farther down. It's undrinkable once I get about halfway through Georgia.

Pennsylvania here. I don't know much because I personally use well water, but I've tasted it at other people's houses and it isn't very good. It doesn't kill you, but it still tastes bad.

>"purified water is bad for you because no minerals"
>"you should get a filter for your tap water user"

Something doesn't add up here, isn't water passed through a filter "purified"?

Amsterdam so pretty good, tap is quite nice here in the Netherlands in general.

Bongo Bongo land here. I'm still alive so I suppose it's just fine.

>muh ebil guvernment

Imagine being this scared, paranoid and self-important all the time.

How do you wash dishes and wash your hands if your tap water isn't safe to drink?

It's alright, I still prefer it filtered though
Best water I've ever had out the tap is easily that in Iceland.
Worst was Liverpool, England

Also SW UK, good chance the water has passed over a fuckload of granite on its way to you

NYC
Water is bretty gud here bois

Scotland. Our water is very high quality, I much prefer tap water to the shit in bottles

Fresno, CA here. You bayarea faggots took the good water whats left is literally undrinkable. i wouldnt even give that shit to an animal. Tastes like a sweaty ballsack that has traces of literally every type of drug with the added bonus of giving you lead poisoning.

I live in Sweden. Bottled water is extremely uncommon here to be purchased. The only exception is carbonated water which usually has a subtle aroma added. My favourite is blueberry & raspberry.

San Diego. Worst tap water I've ever tasted.

Amsterdam. Water is pretty good for a larger city, no obvious 'chemical' taste. Lot of calcium though.
Water from the small town I grew up in is god tier

brita doesnt filter stuff like magnesium

I live in the Netherlands.

Tap water is decent. No obvious taste.

However the inside of my electric kettle gets coated with sediments pretty quickly.

second for the 502

Seriously, the tap water at my house is so good. Although the tap water in Edinburgh isn't as nice.

yeah ouc water is trash

For me, it's the 3 gallon Publix™ Spring water dispenser, the best store bought water.

South Texas here, our tap sucks. Our previous mayor thought it was okay to dump a bunch of chlorine in the water and make everyone's homes smell like indoor swimming pools. Not to mention the refineries leaked into the water a few months ago.
We've had around 4-5 water boil notices in the past year and a half.

We have a new mayor now and while the tap doesn't smell like a pool anymore, there's still a weird taste to the water so I just stick with bottled water.

Tastes fine here in Perth, Australia. It's winter now and I think they use less chlorine than in summer.

They built a paper mill here because our water is so high quality.

Lived in a southern US city for several years, it tasted like pure chlorine. The tap water where I live now (a more rural area) still uses a water treatment plant but I have never felt the need to use a filter pitcher.

Garland here. The tap tastes dirty and I can feel the shit my body filters our of it sitting in my kidneys so I stick to bottled.

Everyone here says that but I live in the Bronx and my water tastes horrible.

Nor here. The water is a bit mineralised but not bad.

You in Perth too?

Danville, KY.

It's fine.

milwaukee tap sucks dick.

The tap anywhere where I work(mass) made me vomit. It smells and tastes fucking vile but I was desperate and now I bring my own gallon of water from home.

Phoenix, AZ. Hard as fuck, and not in a good way.

lemme just tell you a little something about nassau county

As you may know, its one of the most expensive places in the country to live, we pay the highest taxes here.
You may also know the lunar module that put a man on the moon was built here by grumman.
For decades grumman was engineering things for the US government and their factory produced a lot of toxic waste which they just dumped on the ground
Well that waste has found its way into the aquifer and created a toxic plume which has been spreading south towards the bay for years.

You may know our county has one of the highest cancer rates in the country, and the toxins are decimating wild life by killing fish and plants.
what do all those taxes we pay get us? well the governor of new york has decided to "monitor" the situation and will release a report every 5 years to let us know how far the plume has gotten. There have been no attempts at clean up, there never will be from the looks of it.

no, it's much more important to play politics.
The next time liberals tell you they care about the environment or people, feel free to cite the way the great beacon of democratic values that is new york is handling this toxic plume situation

The tap water is fucking delicious where i live, just outside of Vancouver BC Canada. I often drink it by the gallon

Difficult to describe, it has a slightly sweet taste and a very strong "water" flavour. It just tastes pure. No coincidence that a town not far from me has the best water in North America, apparently:
globalnews.ca/news/2547872/bc-neighbourhood-wins-title-of-best-tap-water-in-the-world/

Do you know how your water company souces it? Is it from a reservoir, river or aquifer?

Southern Oregon Water tastes better than bottled here

Total shit.
wwlp.com/2017/06/29/town-and-county-of-barnstable-settling-2-95m-water-contamination-suit/

He drank rain water and whiskey.

Tempe AZ. Water fucking blows. They sent a letter to certain households that our levels of some chemical were higher than normal. Getting a water filter/reverse osmosis.

>southern indiana
Our water is hard and filled with carbonate minerals. Tastes flat and slightly salty with a hint of outdated rusted plumbing. If you are privileged enough to live closer to the river you can also expect a nice scummy aftertaste.
I personally don't use the water for editable consumption unless it's boiled first.

Probably because of oxygenation? That wouldn't affect the taste and i have no clue what you are talking about and I've lived here ten years.

Living in Florence for a month and the tap water here is pretty great. Coming from Missouri (which allegedly has the highest quality tap water in the US, last I heard), it stacks up just fine.

Milwaukee, we literally have the highest municipal water standards in the country because we accidently poisoned the whole city 25 years ago, so we got our water sorted out REAL good

Fenton here

our water isn't tainted with lead... that I know of, but god damn it is the most foul water I've ever had. While everyone else gets their water from detroit or great lakes water authority, shitty Fenton decided they could do it themselves by pumping it from a quarry/gravel pit/I don't fucking know and it goes through phases of smelling like garden soil, garbage, or plastic garden hose.

I have to fucking buy water from the store, can't wait to move fuck this place

Also I feel for ya, wish I could make an example out of Snyder, MDEQ, and the water department still billing people for fucking POISON

Dayton. Thanks to our underground aquifer, our tap water requires minimal treatment. It's pretty good.

Are you European?

Louisiana here, town with a papermill. They sent us letters each month in the mail saying the tap water wasn't safe to drink, it causes cancer, namely lymphoma, but if you drank the water you couldn't sue because of the notices. I wish I had the picture still but after a real bad rain if you turned on the hot water in the sink and let it fill up you could see the layer of what appeared to be oil floating on top. Smelled like heavy bleach. Some people had allergic reactions to it and couldn't shower without treating their housewater or using medicating shampoo.