Do you ever go to "the other side of the tracks" for food, if you know what I mean? What do you get there...

Do you ever go to "the other side of the tracks" for food, if you know what I mean? What do you get there, and how is the experience? I've been known to cross the line from time to time. I get the food to go.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/maps/search/tacos guaymas/@47.6245979,-122.3913534,12z
youtu.be/j5n52IlNUKw
medium.com/@EncounterBooks/this-criminologist-systematically-debunks-the-dogma-that-poverty-causes-crime-33be1d2fa35f
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

stop

You need to call an ambulance. You're having a stroke.

we wuz tracks n shiet

Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?

I live on the other side of the tracks. Wouldn't mind crossing them if I could afford it.

no, I lose my appetite when I see a nigger

In my town my purposely make sure those tracks are well kept so as many trains as possibly travel on them to provide a barrier between us and "them". Needless to say, there's been a few people hit by trains crossing the tracks.

I try not to associate with minorities

I was a police officer for Atlanta. I'm white also... I worked in South Atlanta and the food always sucked. It's always chicken wings, fried rice, Philly cheese steak stands.. There were no sit down chains in my area as the crime was too high...Just fast food, McDonalds, KFC and Popeyes. The chicken joints were run by Koreans.. There were always signs in these places like no refunds, no free ice and etc. The food always tasted like shit...

The blacks in my city are all clustered in public housing complexes and there are only a few restaurants that cater to them. The food isn't appealing and I don't eat there.

However there are plenty of non-majority-white neighborhoods in my city, those are the best places to eat of course since white food has to be expensive to be good.

It would suck to live in an area where the only alternative to white is black, because that would mean there are no good food options. We're slowly getting rid of the whites, even in formerly no-culture zones such as the midwest, but progress does not happen overnight.

Lol top stuff

yes but only for asian or mexican food. id never go for niBBa food, it's not worth it.

This.

This reminds me of a Yes, Dear episode I once watched

>Do you ever go to "the other side of the tracks"
I don't really want to get murdered for being white, so no

>Ignoring the idiot racist rants completely missing the point of the post
I live near Dallas,Texas and there's a little chicken spot near Big T Plaza (Hood shopping center) called Rudy's fried chicken that had been known to frequent celbrities and affluent individuals, so a lot of people from the metroplex and surrounding cities journey to the hood to try it. I've never tried it tho, we have 30 different chicken spots in my city already. Not worth the drive imo.

if you're still living in Atlanta then eat at Juci Jerk and...

... Jamrock.

yeah, some of the best bbq anywhere is in east town right near where I used to buy drugs

Other side of the tracks in my spot literally has the best fucking food in the area.

Jamaican jerk, Nepali Chicken Tikka Missala, Biryani or however you spell that Indian stuff. Oddly enough I've never tried any Mexican on that side of town, but I imagine it's just as dank as the rest of the food in the area.

if you go to the hood get Jamaican or Trinidadian food and you will be more than pleased.

solid meals

If you get some hatian food try the full fried fish out.
it'll have bones in it so be careful.

also all the chinese food is trash same with the
pizza spots cause they sugar the fuck out the sauce.

>I was a police officer for Atlanta. I'm white also...

Pic related: every single shift

Looks like somebody puked in a bowl.

That puke is unironically one of the top 5 best things i've ever tasted. Under 10 bucks too.

I was brought to a rib place on the south side of chicago, easily the only white person in a mile radius

everything was behind really thick glass, had to pay through a rotating window, there was nothing on the walls and no chairs/tables

food was good though

>being alt-right
kys!

Sure, StephON.

Sure.

Does going to Aldi for cheap produce count? Just don't go when kids aren't in school. Poor people kids are stressing to be around.

Yes, black people have the best food. White people don't season their chicken

>black people have the best food

>checked

I'd also try it once.

A decade ago I was on a tour across the US as part of a country rock band. The southern part of our tour was pretty lightly booked (only three or four shows in a week), so we frequently had days off. We'd higher a driver, (always a black guy) with a passenger van, and the singer would instruct him, "Take us somewhere where you'd go if you were in the mood for low country cooking. Not where you think WE ought to go, but where YOU'D go." Off we'd go.

Next thing we'd be five white folks in skinny jeans and boots walking into an all black establishment. No one ever treated us weird, though most of the drivers refused out offer to buy them lunch. The food was usually great, stuff like greens,fried catfish, fried chicken, turkey wings, mac and cheese and that kind of stuff. And the prices were half what the places near the nice hotels we stayed in during days off would have charged for similar fare.

But holy shit will that kind of eating make you fat. Two weeks in the American South and I must have put on 15lbs.

Lol idk where that even started. White people who dont know how to cook don't season their chicken.

(OP)
When I lived in the Admiral District of Seattle, I used to go to White Center to Taqueria Guaymas. The friends who introduced me to the place lived about a block south of it, and they moved out when the crack addict who lived next door to them got murdered by the drug dealer who lived in the house behind them.

So, yeah. I only went in daylight (lunchtime) and I always went armed. Never had a problem. They make great chorizo burritos, and they have a sweet carrot-based sauce that is just wonderful. Or maybe "made" and "had", it's been a few years.

why are you including me in that? accident I suppose?

i guess thats why blackfags are more disproportionately affected by the diabetes epidemic

>chicken tikka masala

The national dish of England?

tacos guaymas is a chain with multiple locations in extremely white parts of seattle, already an extremely white city. I'm glad that life is exciting enough in your head that you need to bring a gun to buy a burrito though

google.com/maps/search/tacos guaymas/@47.6245979,-122.3913534,12z

that's just the gun nut mindset
their inner life is like a movie, every grocery run and trip to the mailbox is, n their mind, like a John Carpenter film. creeping danger lurking behind every flower pot

About once a week I have some errands to run that will take me to one of the shittier areas in my city. People always ask me why I am late and tell them that if they are going to make me drag my ass out to this shitty part of town I may as well stop and eat at some restaurants I don't go to every day. I have found some pretty good hawaiian BBQ, ribs, and taco places doing that.

Have you ever lived anywhere with any remotely violent crime? I've had people try to get me on bump and grabs twice in the past month and a half, you can sure as shit bet I'm looking into firearms right now.

I went to the Taco Guaymas in iGreenlake a few times. The food isn't really good.

t.fag who lives white washed urban area

You ain't seen shit until you've been in milwaukee, detroit, or chicago. This is the daily life you can't go anywhere without having to constantly be on guard. Ever been shot at? Not fun.

On topic JJ's chicken and fish is bomb diggity.

Except that the post I was responding to pointed out that the restaurant in question was in a well off white area. I lived in Chicago for a bit, not sure why that's relevant here. And I don't know what you mean by "white washed", my neighborhood is 11% white. What is the threshold before I'm suddenly a fear-gripped gun nut who can't interact with strangers without the reassuring weight of a gun in my pocket?

If you're being shot at regularly I might suggest you get into a new line of work, perhaps something other than drug dealing, pimping, or private military contractor.

Jamiacan soul food is criminally(no pun intended) underrated. Hnnggggg

>11% white
either you're lying about not understanding why people feel reassured by carrying in nig-zones, or you're lying about your neighborhood.

youtu.be/j5n52IlNUKw

im fittin to make this

>Live in Denver
>Majority of favorite places are on south Federal
>Half of what (you) find out there is in a different language
>Vietnamese sandwich shop with the facade as a French Bakery
>Best taco trucks in town right next to Jail Bond places
>MASSAGE FOOT parlor right next to amazing chinese place

Don't be a cuck and go eat wherever you want.

Just go to Sissy's chicken on Henderson St. Best fried chicken in Dallas and there's no poor people there.

>not ordering your chicken through a bulletproof window
danger is the best spice

Or maybe you've got some weird obsession with getting into a gun battle that normal people don't suffer from. But I'm sure you'd rather just pretend I'm lying, I mean everyone goes to eat tacos while packing a loaded gun, that's totally normal bro. A completely natural response to being around strangers.

>go to an area that statistically has more crime
>not taking precautions when doing so
>wahhh why did I get mugged, the institutions did this!
wew lads

Chicago is unironically war zone tier levels of people getting shot. I don't carry, but I don't think there's anything strange about the people who do.

>Milwaukee
>JJ's Chicken and Fish
My man

>go to the taco shop armed
>scary minorities everywhere and lascivious latin music playing
>feel the urge to miscegenate and work harder than I'm entitled to
>order food
>tacos arrive
>brown lady says "provecho" while smiling illegally
>must be a gang signal to the Bad Hombres lurking in the kitchen or as mexicans call it, "cocina"
>perform a tactical draw, do a ninja roll to the door while tactically sweeping the room with my tactical sidearm
>back out the door while tactically keeping my back to the wall
>hop into my GI Joe limited edition wrangler with tactical lights and NRA stickers everywhere
>floor it accidentally running over some minority children
>doesn't matter I bet they'd have grown up to be reefer dealers or some other kind of Bad Hombre
whew almost died thank god for the second amendment

>presented with facts
>respond with a strawman
lol

Y'all niggas ever been to Speed Queen BBQ in Milwaukee? It's damn good

BUT MUH FEELS

You need to find the gif of that with George Zimmerman and trayvon.

Lived In Denver after moving up from New Orleans, people said I lived in a bad area, you literally have no idea what bad area means. The ghettos in Denver are nice places.

Yes, gun hobbyists do seem to be an overly emotional bunch. You're more likely to crash your car and die than get gang raped in the style of Death Wish the documentary, but your sense of priorities are all kinds of fucked up due to the power trip you get from holding a gun, so the primive part of your brain takes over and you're suddenly unable to function normally without a weapon. Meanwhile your sense of risk from driving or crossing the street is artificially suppressed because you think your gun magically solves everything

Or maybe they're the kind of person who takes precautions in both situations. Crashing your car doesn't happen much to people who don't drive recklessly, and muggings don't happen much to people who carry. Crazy how someone might be capable of rationally assessing the benefits of self-protection

Gun enthusiast here. I don't carry. I just like guns the way that other people dig classic cars, or guitars, or whatever else people get into and collect. They're fun to collect, customize to suit your own tastes, and to go shoot. Nothing more.

You guys think robberies and muggings happen like some kind of 1950's tv show where the criminal says, "Stick 'em, up," you give them your wallet and as they are walking away you shoot them in the back. You'll be lucky if they just bash you in the head from behind. It's quite likely they'll just shoot you point blank without saying a word. You'll never even know what hit you, let alone have time to pull your gun, aim and fire.

No, I don't. I think that people who are carrying a weapon are less likely to be targeted, and the stats back me up. Your problem is that you've got built in assumptions about the intelligence of anyone who disagrees with you, and it makes you blind to the possibility that you don't know everything.

lol I'm an ex cop, you know-nothing, sheltered child.

Why don't you go shower with the guys?

>less likely to be targeted carrying a concealed weapon

Do you realize what's dumb about that assertion?

>Robbers, muggers and rapists carry around metal detectors and swipe them over potential targets and bypass the ones who set off the alarm.

>ex-cop

Oh wow, the absolute authority on absolutely nothing. Fun fact: Police forces overwhelmingly oppose unrestricted concealed carry. Having untrained Rambo wannabees wandering around itching for a chance to start blasting away at someone who looks suspicious makes their job even more risky and difficult.

You've literally never seen anyone carrying a gun, have you? It's not like it matters. Stats show carrying a gun reduces your risk of getting mugged, you wan to argue differently, go do your own research.

Yet the statistics are very clear. When carry is allowed (open or otherwise) crime rates go down.

Of course criminals don't carry metal detectors. But they do know to avoid municipalities where carry is legal.

A great example is Kennesaw, Georgia. That city mandates gun ownership, and has a massively lower burglary rate than surrounding counties.

I'd like to drop you off where I used to work and see how many seconds it takes for you to piss your pants, little man. Try and see if you can sjw your way out. I'd bet even you would grow up really fast.

Sauce? NRA or Breitbart propaganda doesn't count.

>i'm incapable of using biased sources to look up the original research

>mandates gun ownership

Lol. You know damn well no court would uphold that and you also know it would have been legally challenged. Fuck off.

Do you just not have Google, or are you retarded?
>Kennesaw is noted for its unique firearms legislation in response to Morton Grove, Illinois' law mandating gun prohibition. In 1982 the city passed an ordinance [Sec 34-21]:[24]

> (a) In order to provide for the emergency management of the city, and further in order to provide for and protect the safety, security and general welfare of the city and its inhabitants, every head of household residing in the city limits is required to maintain a firearm, together with ammunition therefore.

>(b) Exempt from the effect of this section are those heads of households who suffer a physical or mental disability which would prohibit them from using such a firearm. Further exempt from the effect of this section are those heads of households who are paupers or who conscientiously oppose maintaining firearms as a result of beliefs or religious doctrine, or persons convicted of a felony.

Yeah, I notice you don't say where you used to work. Let me guess. There were more people that had alternatively colored skin than whites going about their daily lives and because muh rightwing propaganda machines tell you, "muh shitskins trying tuh kill whitey," so you were scared shitless? Yeah, fuck off pussfag.

Uhm, the law has been in place for more than three decades now...that's why we have solid STATISTICS of what happens in such situations.

>Kennesaw, GA
>population 32,400

Wow, I'll bet violent crime was a significant issue before that law was passed. Instead of Cletus murdering his parents once every 5 years it only happens once every 6. Or maybe it reduced the incidence of lawnmowers being stolen from open garages or mailbox vandalism. Good on ya'! You've got the solution for US metropolitan crime demonstrated clearly! Your guns and Jeebus are the solution! Hallelujah!

>literally too stupid to google the research data
It's sad that you feel smart

It's a poverty thing mostly, unfortunately our history and demographics link poverty and race. If you're well off and well educated you won't be as likely to be obese because you know not to eat a lot of crappy food AND you can afford to shop and go out for healthier food. (Nice restaurants and Whole Foods are not cheap). But if you're poor and poorly educated the range of gastronomic pleasure available to you is much narrower, and most of the best tasting stuff is fattening shit like sweet drinks and fried food.

Particularly in the case of low country cooking it's the food of the Southern rural poor. These were people who worked really hard physical labor all day, burning 3000-4000 calories in a day. This cuisine was a tasty way to provide that kind of calorie intake using inexpensive ingredients - of course it's heavy as fuck, and eating it when you're only burning 2000 calories or less in a day is a quick path to obesity. You see this across the South. People still want to eat the kinds of foods (and portion sizes) a laborer would have eaten back in the day, but not doing labor anymore they blow up like balloons.

More the soda than the food.

>It's a poverty thing mostly
There has only ever been correlation to suggest this, and the more we learn the less likely it seems that it's true. Here's one example: medium.com/@EncounterBooks/this-criminologist-systematically-debunks-the-dogma-that-poverty-causes-crime-33be1d2fa35f

Yeah, it's a low-IQ thing and therefore, unfortunately, a Black thing.

There's this taco stand a few blocks from where I live that somehow makes sour cream taste good.

And this this tiny-ass sports bar. they have Keno, but no cocktails.

>makes sour cream taste good.\

Da fuq you on about? Sour cream always tastes good.

not when you put a big glob like a giant ejaculating.

I don't really like sour cream...unless it's french onion dip.

Heard they aren't the same since the owner died. Might give it another shot since its been 8 years since I last went there.

Try out Sofritos Vega for some bomb puertorican food with a very nice owner. Portions are huge so bring some friends.

Look everyone he posted it again

I'm not saying poverty causes crime. I'm saying that in modern America it causes obesity. Truth is if you have a poor education you know little if anything about nutrition, and will let taste alone determine your food choices. Couple that with being poor and you're going to be eating the tastiest cheap food you can find. If the gas station near you sells fried chicken for 50 cents a piece you're gonna be eating a lot of it. And if no one in the family cooks anymore

Even a poor person who wanted to cook their own meals and eat healthy might have a tough time of it, because the grocery stores in poor places suck - very limited selection of crappy stuff, very little in the way of fresh food and generally high prices on the few decent ingredients they happen to have. So that $5 Hot and Ready from LC's starts looking better and better.

An affluent person might not even know what a Hot and Ready is, because they have access to good restaurants when they don't feel like cooking, and decent grocery options for when they do.

Also affluent people can afford not just better food, but gym memberships as well. Obesity is definitely linked with poverty. If you need this proven to you walk into a Waffle House. Fat people are the majority. Then walk into a Michelin two star restaurant. Fat people will be very much the minority.

I refuse to believe it's that hard to obtain food, but it's ever so easy to make those shitty mud cakes.

Nice one man, summed up how I feel when ever im in an area thats not mostly white.

believe it, sucka

I go to a nicaraguan place on the spic side of the river. They all snicker at me but the tamales are cash.

poverty is an outcome of being dumb

How Victorian of you. May as well have said the poor were poor because of their lack of morality. At the end of the day it's really a matter of the accident of your birth. With very few exceptions people born rich end up rich and people born poor end up poor. Social mobility is a rare enough thing that it may as well be a myth.

A metric tonne of lebanese food and one of everything from the kebab shop.

Brilliant analysis. I can't believe people have never thought of it this way before. I mean, what is social mobility, or stratification, or glass ceilings? You should write books, you visionary.