Went to Taco Bell last night at 1 AM to get my TB-Fix™ that I was cravin'

Went to Taco Bell last night at 1 AM to get my TB-Fix™ that I was cravin'.

I pull up to the drive thru window to see a haggard man in his 50's to 60's, and I could just see the pain and defeat in his eyes and demeanor. What the fuck, Taco Bell? When I roll up to your late night drive-thru, I expect to soak in the misery of some pimple-faced punk kid working late at night, not some poor fucking old man. Shit made me so depressed that I barely finished my double chalupa box. Anyone else know these feels?

Yeah well maybe you should have voted for Bernie then

I saw a middle-aged grocery store stocker getting reamed by some kid manager who couldn't have been thirty. Good grief, I don't know if I could stick it out if I was that hard-up at 50.

I go to taco bell once in a while after work on Friday. Even though I only go once every two or three weeks, this autistic looking guy working the drive thru window recognizes me. Last time I went and pulled up to the window he said "Hey it's James Bond!" I have no fucking idea why. I guess because I was wearing a collared shirt and tie and had a sport coat in the passenger seat? Anyway I haven't been back since then. I don't want some fucking faggot making jokes at me at the window. Just give me my damn food and stick to the formalities.

/pol/ really did infect every board.

A lot of these old people aren't even poor, they have plenty saved up in retirement.

They're just super bored and lonely, and want to stay occupied.

In spite of making a good living I'm fucking horrible with money and honestly see myself doing this in the future unless I take myself out first.

That being said, I feel for the guy and good for taco bell for giving him the cake job instead of staffing some cute high school qt and throwing him back behind the scenes for shit work

>t. Former McDonald's drive thru teen kid

>They're just super bored and lonely, and want to stay occupied.

At 1 in the fucking morning? Nah, bro. The dude looked fucking miserable. Nobody in their right mind would voluntarily choose a graveyard shift at TB, taking orders all night for obnoxious stoners while your staff of high school dropouts fuck up every order. He had the face of a man fallen on hard times.

maybe you should go in tonight and kiss him

I don't know if that's necessary. I gave him a $20 bill and told him to keep the change (my order was $17.30). He kind of just looked at me in confusion for a few seconds before closing the window again and starting the order. I did wish him to have a really great night when he handed me my bag and it looked like he sort of started to smile, so maybe I broke through something there, boys!

>smile and then maybe he'll drive away

>I gave him a $20 bill and told him to keep the change (my order was $17.30).

I'm sure your measly tip really cheered him up. Wouldn't be surprised if he committed suicide when he got home that morning haha holy fuck dude you really spent 17 bucks on yourself at Tbell and gave him a 20 and said keep the change. Hahahah

Has anyone ever met a cutie at the drive thru window?

he was probably insulted by some faggot feeling sorry for him and giving him $2.70

50s and 60s is the new 20s and 30s not sure what youre talking about

I know that feel OP, I went to WalMart the other day for condoms and saw that .300BLK was on sale, so I asked this old patronly looking guy to open the ammo case and he looked like he wanted to die. I wonder what his small gunshop was like before the WalMart put him out of business? :(

>millenial syndrome

Perhaps if you got off the tit, you'd learn life is never what you think it will be.

Nah, I didn't want the dollar to be worthless in 10 years.

The kinds of people who work at fast food restaurants generally have some sort of personality disorder or reason why they couldn't work in a real job.

tell that to george clooney, all he does is eat expensive food all day and bang some hot chick with a thigh gap

Met, like had a convo, got digits and cocktails?
Or just seen when handed fat sandwich?
I've seen. Got hit on. Never met.
To me, they are all single mothers with half black children and ridiculously jealous ex-boyfriends.

You've never worked fast food. That "tip" wasnt a tip. It just means you fucked up his till and he got in trouble for being over.

Fuck you, buddy. I could have given him $0.00 instead. People like you are so elitist and entitled, like as if Taco Bell was paying the poor sap any much higher than minimum wage. That was probably like half of his hourly pay right there.

or he put the change in the donation box, faggot.

>some hot chick with a thigh gap

Yeah, that bitch just gave birth to twins. Blew out the whole region. I mean, GC is old now anyway, so he might as well settle down, but I guarantee his life isn't what he expected either, even if old uni brow is rich.

>getting made fun of by fast food staff
Good lord

>bring up politics on food board
>get told to go to political board
>"why are you talking about pancakes?"
what?

What does this thread have to do with politics. This is the OP speaking.

Nothing in the OP had to do with the political reasons for why such a man ended up working a drive-thru graveyard shift, but simply if other fast food foodies have experienced the same feels in their late night tb runs.

>I gave him a $20 bill and told him to keep the change (my order was $17.30). He kind of just looked at me in confusion for a few seconds before closing the window again and starting the order.
>$17 at taco bell
>$2.70 tip
Holy shit OP, im fucking dying.

I don't understand what is so funny

Are you 300 lbs?

Your existence.

Why would I feel sorry for them if they choose you work there?

Then we would all be haggard instead of just the poor

it depressing just buying fast food in the first place...don't you have any shame OP? are you a white trash flyover fatso?

thats the way she goes

your $2.70 turned everything around for him

Kek'd. With that $2.70 he bought a lottery ticket and made it out the joint.

I went to Taco Bell last night at 1am too. The dumb kid running the drive through window put my double chalupa into the bag upside-down so all the filling fell out of it. A miserable old man wouldn't have made the same mistake.

why didn't you throw a gatorade bottle full of water at him? he wuz a dumb cracker lil bitch.

Who are U? you are a very funny man

the name's Drew

Drew. Drew. Drew. not many songs have been written about a drew. can you sing

I expect below average slightly overweight women.

>implying life is this simple

You live in a bubble.

Reviewbrah pls go

What if the dude's got dementia or shaky hands or something? Your order could still get fucked up

>I gave him a $20 bill and told him to keep the change

Congratulations, if TB management finds out, they'll fire him. You've just cost him the only job he could find that was letting him buy enough cat food to live on.

Drug addicts need jobs too man.

How the fuck would they fire him? What are you talking about retard? If tb fired me for accepting a tip, I'd sue them.

did ya'll fuck too

fantastically executed bait OP

I can't sing but I like to write songs. Thanks for asking :^)