3x3 influence thread

3x3 influence thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

hungarianfreepress.com/2017/02/16/hungary-is-removing-statue-of-philosopher-gyorgy-georg-lukacs-he-was-marxist-and-jewish/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Marcuse out, Nietzsche/Hegel/Deleuze/Derrida in, and we're set desu.

none of that, this isn't a rate thread

I wasn't rating you

How to make 3x3s?

>this isn't a rate thread
then what's the fucking point
ms paint

Every thread is a rate thread. This is Veeky Forums.

Too many cringe videos for you, my friend. You need to cut yourself off.

that image was a shitpost but I do agree that I watch too much cringe videos

Who are the top left and bottom center?

>influence

rate

I am cheating here since I haven't read them all. Hayek, Smith and Herbert Spencer are there for their economic views.
I picked two utilitarians since I hold that philosophy. Pictured are Benthan and John Stuart Mill.

Jordan Peterson inspired me with his brand of pragmatism, though I have to say I do not fully agree with him.

The latter three gentlemen are literally God's amongst men. I cannot wait until the free market makes us overcome bias, immortal and in general better. Hence I added Eliezer Yudkowsky (also because I used to visit Less Wrong), Ray Kurzweil and Aubrey de Grey.

I'm surprised someone this autistic can type in something other than binary

Bottom center is the only patrician in that pic. Ernst Jünger was a WW1 and WW2 veteran, a dandy, a collector of bugs, a nationalist revolutionary and one of the most proficient writers of 20th century Germany. He is most prominently known for his WW1 diary "In Stahlgewittern" (Storm of Steel I guess?)

Also the mofo lived over a hundred years

Meme tier - 2.5/9

I know you, I know you. You're the only serious person in the room, aren't you, the only one who understands, and you can prove it by the fact that you've never finished a single thing in your life. You're the only well-educated person, because you never went to college, and you resent education, you resent social ease, you resent good manners, you resent success, you resent any kind of success, you resent God, you resent Christ, you resent thousand-dollar bills, you resent Christmas, by God, you resent happiness, you resent happiness itself, because none of that's real. What is real, then? Nothing's real to you that isn't part of your own past, real life, a swamp of failures, of social, sexual, financial, personal...spiritual failure. Real life. You poor bastard. You don't know what real life is, you've never been near it. All you have is a thousand intellectualized ideas about life. But life? Have you ever measured yourself against anything but your own lousy past? Have you ever faced anything outside yourself? Life! You poor bastard.

>Schopenhauer and Elliot Rodgers
Kind of redundant since they were basically the same person

I wanna see more of these threads in the future

Oh shut up, senpai

Wrong. Nice pasta though.

Don't ask to get rated if you can't handle it, buddy.

Tolkien
Tennyson
Bacon
Plato
Jesus Christ
Kierkegaard
Kant
Jung
Proust

It's really difficult to narrow it down to nine.

There's something so ridiculous about the premise of this thread. Who the fuck are you to have influences? What did they influence? What do you do?

shut up and pick your 9 favorite old dead smart guys

>utilitarianism
The most shallow moral philosophy out there

No this isn't /mu/

Television is the only patrician punk band.

Plato
Buddha
Hume
Kant
Locke
Blake
Deleuze
Bataille
Hegel

replace orwell or tolkein w/ howard zinn

you accidentally put a couple patricians in there

is there a serious post in this entire thread

enlighten us

there's not

good post

How can you say someone influenced your thought? I only discovered ideas i already had.

Please bear in mind that I'm not a nazi, I just think a lot about the lasting impact of art in society. Speer, for one, only is in my chart because of his thoughts on architecture.

>Bergson

pls tell me wtf this nigger was on about

please, dont make this board like /tv/

Everyone is influenced by others pseud. You don't have to be famous to have been impacted by someone.

>everyone needs to be influenced by the same people as me and have my standards as their own

Yea, just shut up and get out.

Underrated post.

Please describe your choices I am interested in learning about new intellectuals

How is the influence of these great writers and philosophers manifested in you, user?

look mom i posted it again

I'm puking my fucking brains out

Deleuze, Derrida is god tier pleb. Put some greeks in there.

Let me guess, you were into Ron Paul 2012. Only leftist-liberals are worse than you.If you were going to be into spiritless philosophy, you could have gone marxists, atleast you can predend to be retarded there.

AHAHAHAHAH

Putting those in one place is way more contradictory than having both marxists and reactionaries on your 3x3. I am literally triggered.
Also enjoy
hungarianfreepress.com/2017/02/16/hungary-is-removing-statue-of-philosopher-gyorgy-georg-lukacs-he-was-marxist-and-jewish/

Who are these? Eleborate pls

Fuck that hit hard

tennyson, yeats, pound
keats, ts elliot, petrarch
alfonso x de castilla, bocage, dylan thomas

>John Stuart Mill

Literally the most intelligent person that idiot put on his 3x3.

Go read something he wrote on utilitarianism or that economics book he wrote.

I used greentext because JSM is a fucking utilitarian hack whom Nietzsche BTFO on numerous occasions.

The English/Anglo-Saxons are simply not capable of philosophy. Their every attempt is ham-fisted, short-sighted and surface level.

So you've never read him, but only have read what Nietzsche said about him?

If this is where you base your judgments, you might as well just go take a shit on every philosopher ever except for Schopenhauer.

Hitler
Ikki Kita
Heidegger
Hegel
Hans F. K. Günther
Carl Schmitt
Carl Jung
Bäumler
Eugen Fischer

You're the one that implied I haven't read JSM.

I have.

I've also read Nietzsche, who BTFO JSM.

>marx
>nietzsche
TOP KEK

Oddly interesting list. I don't see how you can put Hegel and Heidegger in one place, the only thing they actually share is their belief in german superiority.

Well now wait.

What have you read by John and what have you read by Friedrich

Lads, you need to be honest with yourselves. Did that one reading of Fear and Trembling really influence you more than the thousand hours you spent watching The Simpsons in your formative years?

wow your iq must be so high

good goy

rate, bit of a mixed bag

Was pondering between Wittgenstein and Gödel, but I found no funny pictures of Gödel so Witty it is

>that Hobbes
>that Marx
chuckled

I recognize Plato in the middle to the far right.

I hate Ann Coulter.

I was just about to post the exact same people.

40k hours in ms paint

This is exactly why I called you a pseud.

You would have me spell myself out to you in succinct paragraphs, so you can sit in your comfy desk chair and judge whether I've been influenced to your satisfaction that you might continue in your self-assured condescension.

If you were thinking more seriously, you would realize you cannot be provided with the information you are asking for. You need to know people to discern the myriad ways in which their influences manifest.

Also, even if I could make a fair attempt to spell myself out to you and the impact the nine men I listed have had on my life - I would not.

You have not earned the right to that information.

That's not ann coulter

WouldBeGoodFriendsWithButHaveHeatedPoliticalDebatesWith/10

>▶
Didn't Zizek dislike Buddhism? How do you reconcile?

4 white women, 2 cartoon characters, one black man and one asian man. You need to work on you're diversity quota Veeky Forums

Plebian af but yeah idk I have to read more

I kind of see it as Diogenes, Stirner and Kierkegaard inspire me in their subjective individualist approach which rejects the relativist schools of thought and lifestyles, more in favour for something radial and authentic

Russel, Hitchens and Bradbury appeal to my scepticism and doubt of established social institutions. They're equally reminiscent of the age of enlightenment type doubt and outrage and the level of accepted ignorance

Chomsky, Tolstoy and Peterson have all heavily influenced me in making a true strong identity amidst all my doubt I find without these minds influence on me I would have no idea where to ground myself in more specific values and goals appreciating my fellow man

I'd describe myself as a new sincere individualist who's heavily influenced by classic liberal principles, while flirting with the concept of a stateless society

>Socrates for dialectic/rural metaphor/irony
>Aristotle's ethics guide my day-to-day life
>Norm Macdonald's humour is the best/flawless, really
>Louis CK for similar reasons/very human/sincere
>Gustave Flaubert for style/humour/ideas on Literature
>James Joyce for style/jokes/puns/flawless prose
>Dylan Thomas for personality/favourite poet/favourite 'play'
>Edward Gibbon's incredible take on history. Must read for everyone.
>Oscar Wilde for wit/humour/poetry/contemporary hellenism

also,

>Yeats
>Diogenes
>Flann O'Brien
>Orson Welles
>Montaigne

Here are mine:

>Shakespeare: for his poetic language, by far the greatest I have ever seen. He is the greatest of all poets, and the fact that he joined great poetry with stories and characters was also a great achievement (one he himself took a long time to master).

>Buddha: Not as a religious master, but as a philosopher. His ethics and his advices on how to live are the ones I find most rewarding and effective. The oldest texts are the best ones, for they show Buddha as a human being and as a man who knew that he did not know everything there was to know, and showed some doubts about the possibility of rebirth.

Beethoven: I enjoy his music more than the one of Mozart and Bach, and I specially relate to his creative process, his way of making hundreds of drafts and working slowly and painfully in his works.

Michelangelo: In my opinion the best artist of all time. I love his work and I would love to achieve some day the same capacity to work for several hours on my own projects without laziness and procrastination.

Darwin: I admire the fact that he keep on working even when facing grave illness, which was probably a form of neurosis, probably an anxiety disorder. I also think that his achievement is one of the main guides we have to understand ourselves: to know where we came from and who we are.

Einstein: I love the way he worked, slowly but steadily. I love his humble ways and his wise view of humanity and politics. I also like the fact that he needed 10 hours of sleep to function well but was not ashamed of stating it.

Gandhi: Offered great advices on how to treat other people, on how to protest, on how to face evil and injustice. He is like an incarnated version of the ideal of Christ.

Tolstoy: The greatest of all novelist, possibly the only writer that can face Shakespeare. I also identify with his own personality, with the person he portrays on his diaries. I have the same problems with egocentrism, self-doubt, pride, arrogance and envy. It is very reassuring to me that even someone as flawed as Tolstoy could eventually achieve greatness in his life.

John Maynard Keynes: He deserves my respect for creating one of the major models of Welfare State, and for challenging old notions of how macroeconomics worked or should work.

foucault and sartre looked like they molest little boys desu

cyanide pill

Sartre did fuck teen girls and I think its safe to say that Foucalt was a man of perversions

BITE IT , YOU SCUM!!

kek

But Marx out

the future is now

marx was a retard

You're beyond a fucking idiot

heidegger
zizek
houellebecq
heraclitus
hegel
plato
lenin
nietzsche
aristotle

>expecting me to read a list instead of looking at pictures
What board do you think this is?

Is top-left Jim Halpert?

[citation needed]

I bet you use terms like "scientism" in arguments, fruitcake.