US Southern Cuisuine is superior to any other cuisuine in the U.S. and possibly the world

US Southern Cuisuine is superior to any other cuisuine in the U.S. and possibly the world.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/o2DWcBudRZI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

agreed. except that mac n cheese looks super overcooked. why do southern places often overcook the mac? lack of wops so they can't boil pasta? also mustard and turnip greens > collard greens

you really need to proper setting/atmosphere for it.

it should be served in a picnic at a cozy farm.

As a Southerner I have to say, it's really damn good, possibly the best in the USA, but I don't eat it all the time. First of all I'd die of a heart attack within a year, and second of all I appreciate variety in my food. I like to mix it up with food from different parts of the country or
other cultures entirely pretty frequently.

But damn it, a hot buttermilk biscuit with country ham, grits, and hashbrowns just can't be beat for breakfast.

I think specifically cajun is the best. A cajun restaurant opened near me about a year ago and I go at least once a month.

Only thing 'southern cuisine' is superior at is contributing the most to the highest rates of obesity in the U.S and possibly the world.

wh gives a shit, it tastes GOOD

Cajun is GOAT tier.

It's bc of all the African-americans, white obesity rates in the south are on par with averages in California and Colorado

>leanest state still has 1 in 5 people being obese
:(

>US Southern Cuisuine is superior to any other cuisuine in the U.S.
This is tru-
>and possibly the world

Dude, shut the fuck up.

Blame the Mexicans and their manteca

No, that would be the niggers and spics...

Of course Cajun food is great, it's just French cuisine with hot peppers.

Can we stop with this "america can never be better at anything when it comes to europe"?

I mean honestly. Enough is enough. We know its superior in some regards.

Obesity is a testament to human food growth achievement.

do they use sour cream there?

that might be the saddest looking mac 'n' cheese I've ever seen

Actually it's mostly a testament to niggers, spics and australians

The world no, US yes.

Southern food is the true pride of america.

Yeah it's better than people starving but it's still a problem

>No, that would be the niggers and spics...
>ignoring the 32.6% in his own image
nice

Thread theme

youtu.be/o2DWcBudRZI

>Cuisuine
Retard.

where would you guys recommend to travel for the best southern style cuisine? I want to do a trip to the US and need ideas.

Cheap restaurants boil the shit out of pasta to increase their yield/margins.

I hate the South as much as the next guy but come on man, don't hate on the food. I'd be fat too if that shit was around me all the time

NCfag here, I definitely agree with it being the best style in the US. I try to avoid fried foods too often since while skinny as fuck heart issues run in my family.

Trying different kinds of pulled pork is always a treat. Never get the chance to try mustard based, but molasses based is god tier.

Good joke OP

new orleans

I have to disagree. Mississippi reporting in. While it's true that our racial demographics skew nearly all our macro-stats for the worse, obesity is the exception. There are some fat fucks down here.

Just go south.

>fattest state is Mississippi
Ayy there's my state again
Feels good to beat the statistic being 5'11 180 sort of muscular, but food down here is amazing, it is very hard not to get fat with all the different cuisines and cooking traditions, styles, and usage of spices. My favorite would prob be some pickle-brined fresh fried chicken and a custom red bean, topped with either a smoked Gouda or feta cheese usually and a drizzle of sweet balsamic vingeratte, made by yours truly.

Too much sugar and salt. That's used to mask tasteless ingredients.

Try authentic Japanese cuisine, flavors are out there in the Raw on their own.

I live in a rural county in MS, too.

What I like about it: cheap land prices and cost of living; 3 seasons for growing vegetables; people leave me alone and I leave them alone; good hunting within walking distance of my land.

What I hate about it: Have to drive 40 miles to get to a decent grocery, asian market, whole foods or brewery supply store; insufferable evangelicals with a church every 1/2 mile; nignogs and white trash everywhere; a state budget that would have us looking more like northern mexico than we already do without tax money from coastal states; lack of development because the state government is controlled by the religious right trapped in the middle ages and no corporation can get good employees to move here even with exhorbitant tax breaks.

But I do my thing without much interference.

Grew up in southern az, live in sc. While smoked chicken wings are the single best food, sonoran mexican is where its at in terms of over all cuisine.

You're not wrong, friend.

>flyovers btfo

Yes, many parts of misssissippi are insufferable, half or more of my family is gun loving, crawfish and potato boiling with corn, far right eccentrists. For me though, I grew up in a somewhat wealthier small town with fair public schools and a nice friendly community. We still have a relatively high drug usage rate, especially among our highschool, I believe atleast 35-40% of the high school uses some form of drug, whether it be spice, not as big any more, pills, weed, coke, cigarettes, etc. I think I am still more lucky to have lived here rather than a more rural area, but I do enjoy peace and quiet still.

Is cajun considered southern cooking? if so then I agree

>half or more of my family is gun loving, crawfish and potato boiling with corn, far right eccentrists.

family sounds pretty cool.

The MS drug use among youth isn't that out of line with the rest of the country. Teen pregnancy rates, obesity, education, healthcare are another matter. Shortsighted, nonsensical antagonism towards certain groups that have gained widespread acceptance shoots ourselves in our own foot, too. It is what it is; there's good and bad to it, both.

This.

Would BBQ and drink beer with....

What you disgusting piece of shit slob americans don't understand is that anyone can make shit taste good with the amount of fat you're using.

The trick is to make good food that doesn't off you before the age of forty you fat fucker.

Why are europeans born with a stick up their ass? Success breeds jealousy i guess

If you want to die by the age of 47

>be leaf
>can't find collard greens anywhere

the whole plate seems to come out of a frier.

i'm the same and i don't actually personally know or hang out with any fatasses cept for one.

If he is in the molasses belt, that means he is in western NC. If he heads south he will get to Georgia where we generally have vinegar based sauces with varying amounts of tomato and mustard.

>crawfish and potato boiling with corn
Y'all need to add spicy sausage like in a proper Frogmore Stew / Low-Country Boil.

its the reason /r9k/ exists. you multiply the chance of being single by the chance of not being obese and you get why its so hard to find a gf

new orleans followed by savannah

What kind of argument is this? It's dumb as fuck. And who the fuck actually goes out of their way to hate on a cuisine? Dude get a hobby.

where in georgia has vinegar based? Isn't that mainly a eastern NC thing? Most times I've had bbq in georgia there was a ketchup/tomato based sauce.

New Orleans, then Savannah, then north into South Carolina, then west in Memphis.

Too bad fried okra tastes like literally nothing.

It is a different type of vinegar base.
Eastern NC is basically a mix of apple cider vinegar, white vinegar, salt, cayenne powder, and some other seasonings.
In Georgia, we are more known for cooking the hog whole and out use of fruit wood than we are for a distinctive sauce.
What i meant by vinegar based is that the sauces tend to be tangier than they are sweet.
Some sauces will be heavy on the ketchup, so will have none, etc.
Southeast Georgia has a lot of thin worchestershire and mustard based sauces. The Augusta area has a lot of Indian spice influences. Sauces in the north Georgia mountains tend to be sweeter.
It really is a hodge-podge. That is why you hear about the styles of the surrounding states but not a distinct "Georgian Style" BBQ even though our Q is as good as anyone else's.

You're thinking of Creole.

>deep fried shit
>excess carbs
>barely a vegetable in sight

Yanks are disgusting. Just because your parents weaned you onto this shit doesn't make it the best.
No one said anything about europe.

I never understand how people continue to ignore mustard/turnip greens. My grandmother makes greens with a 3 way split of mustard, turnip and spinach and it's amazing. Especially when she adds chunks of turnip and smoked ham hocks. I could eat that shit all day if it weren't so bad for the heart. I love my grandma.

>bad for the heart

What's bad for the heart? A little smoked meat for seasoning? Hardly. You can trim most of the fat from the outside of the hocks or let it cool and skim the fat from the top of the greens if pork fat really triggers your momscience alarm.

How did you manage to type that all out and forget the gravy?

>two favorite cuisines are Southern and Japanese

I switch it up between "light" versions of greens and "heavy" versions based on the protein.

I just did a light version using an entire mesquite smoked chicken as the protein and flavoring agent of choice, along with a chicken stock I made from the bones and backs of some excess smoked chicken. Combined with the collards, onion, garlic, and bell pepper that I used olive oil to sweat, it's a low fat / version that's easier on the calories.

If not chicken, I'll use smoked turkey, and I usually do 2 light version to one heavy, using ham-hocks or neck bones or whatever I can find that's been smoked.

The bottom line is that greens can still be delicious as fuck without the need to use real fatty proteins.

>cuisuine
There's a reason why the South lost.

breakfast is breakfast
and most places have good breakfast

except the chinese

It's what you can feed yourself on without dying. That's all of southern food. It's like asking Poland about cuisine. Their 'cuisine' was what they could pick up off the ground after the russians or germans raped and pillaged their country. Southern Comfort.

it's cause you boil, then bake it with the cheese, it should be fairly soft if done right

I've never had a full english breakfast. Seems like it'd be fantastic, though.

Because northern Jews flooded them with niggers?

then there's the Japanese who eat everything the normally eat but do so at breakfast

That is not biscuits or gravy

uwutmate?

just noticed the rings around the Pecan trees from the woodpeckers. This picture is legit from the South I guess

>would rather live a longer life eating boring ass shitty "health" foods rather than a shorter life actually enjoying it
Go eat some soylent yuppie faggot.

Southern cuisine is a pretty wide definition. You've got soul-food, southern barbeque styles, cajun food, creole style... Ninety percent of what we consider "southern" food is usually some sort of variation of recipes used by black slaves served to moneyed plantation owners.

Foods like chicken were easy to raise and relatively low-maintainence, and foods like pork ribs were largely considered "Garbage cuts" given to the slaves while the wealthy types ate the loin, belly, and other parts.

You can easily make it yourself. The ingredients are real basic:
Baked Beans
Pork sausage
Eggs
black pudding
bacon
Tomato and mushrooms

>it's another "the nigger slaves drove the cuisine of the south and not the other way around" episode

WE WUZ KANGZ N' SHIT!!!!!