Why do people pretend they're so hyped for eclipses?

Why do people pretend they're so hyped for eclipses?

That shit's pretty fucking boring.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eclipse_of_Thales
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allais_effect
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it's one of those things that is exponentially more fascinating in person than when seen in a video or picture

Not really.

reddit
animal spirits
mob mentality
cryptomysticism
rampant brainletism

it's pretty aesthetic if you're going for a walk while it's happening. not even just looking at the sun, just enjoying the dull skybox
other than that blame iflreddit overhype

the coolest and most aesthetic thing is the dope ass shadow patterns on everything from the slightly covered sun

op is a contrarian autist, eclipses are important for dating historical events and have an interesting history and symbolism

cool historical events regarding eclipses:

"On the day of Gengwu, the 9th month in the 5th year of his reign, there was a solar eclipse. Since the royal astronomers at that time had grown degenerate in licentiousness and drunkenness, they failed to predict this eclipse, resulting in confusion and panic among the common people. Zhong Kang sent the nobleman Yin to punish the Ministers of Astronomy for thus neglecting their duties. This is described more fully in the document known as the Punitive Expedition of Yin."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eclipse_of_Thales

the solar eclipse causes gravity anomalies en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allais_effect

Watching all the "shadow snakes" wriggle across the pavement was also pretty cool.

also "boring" is comfy imo. if you can't chill out for a couple of hours and contemplate space, life and the universe then technology has fucked your brain. there's tons of tangents you can go down, personally it gets me thinking about the history of astronomy, which lends itself to physics, old maps, history and art

Why do people cheer and freak the fuck out like they are at some pop music slut concert when an eclipse happens?

I am triggered when some faggot starts cheering and screaming because the sun is in front of the moon. It is so cancerous and profligacy on the highest levels.

>oh a big rock covered the sun, better contemplate the meaning of life!

kill yourself

Solar eclipses are not real.

I was supposed to get a 90% eclipse and it never happened.

The sun never went black. It stayed the same. It was too fucking bright to look at and I never saw anything in front of the sun.

It's a fucking lie.

there's lots of great things in life. maybe if you got off the internet you wouldn't be so negative and too cool to appreciate something that you'll only be able to see a couple of times before you die

I saw the eclipse in the path of totality on a mountain top in Idaho, it will forever affect me for the rest of my life, I want to see many more before I die

Why are you lying?

Maybe you should appreciate suicide and kill yourself, you'll only experience that once in your lifetime bro.

I'm not, I was able to drive to near Stanley Idaho and see it.

Why are you faggots fighting? Get a room.

The shit is not real anyway. Eclipses are not real. No one has ever seen an eclipse. I know I never saw an alledged 90% eclipse.

You two are fighting over nothing.

I hope you weren't one of those cheering/screaming/clapping people.

Your "people" clap at the end of a movie in a fucking cinema. Add to that the fact that majority believe in a creator and you've got a situation no different than going for a movie.

It's a good excuse to laze around outside and drink

Same.
I saw it and was like, "that's it?" People pretended it was the coolest thing ever when it was lame.

>I was supposed to get a 90% eclipse and it never happened.
It did. You can't see a 90% eclipse because the sun is bright and the moon is not noticeable in the glare. You could have seen it if you were wearing a welding mask and looked at the sun, or used some of those "solar eclipse glasses". You'd also have been able to see the altered shadows. A total eclipse is noticeable to the naked eye.

If you get excited by one you are a pleb.

>Your "people" clap at the end of a movie in a fucking cinema
You actually believe this meme? Embarrassing.

Because:
It disproves flat Earth.

I thought it was cool.

>not just starting a forest fire so the sun is visible to the naked eye

would have been the most natural way to view the eclipse

A 99% eclipse is still not totality. An annular eclipse is not totality.

You're a perfect example of a partialcuck.