I love eggs, and I'd like to keep hard boiled eggs around without having to boil them so often...

I love eggs, and I'd like to keep hard boiled eggs around without having to boil them so often. Is there a way to make pickled eggs without making the whites all rubbery? I only tried once but the whites became tough and it was a little off-putting to eat

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salt-cured_meat
youtube.com/watch?v=rFbS0EIWhyw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salted_duck_egg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

boil them less like they do at ramen bars.

>the difference between caged and free range

youtube.com/watch?v=NojtlqEUE0A

There is a whole world of people that enjoy spicy pickled eggs, you are not ready.

the protein in the egg white gets rubbery from the acid in the vinegar brine.

cut the amount of acid and it won't get so rubbery.

Can I omit the vinegar and just salt brine eggs? Could I alkalize the solution till it's neutral or does that negate the purpose of pickling?

I'm not him. But I am ready. Put me in coach.

>Could I alkalize the solution till it's neutral or does that negate the purpose of pickling?

The whole fucking point of pickling is that the acid acts as a preservative. If it's not acidic enough then a) you don't have pickles and b) it will go bad, fast.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salt-cured_meat

looks like salt preserves food by osmosis - pulls all the water out of bacteria therefore they die. also sodium chloride apparently has ph of 7 so it actually shouldn't need to be basified. I imagine the osmosis effect of salt brine would still make the egg whites rubbery though

I love this redneck.

youtube.com/watch?v=rFbS0EIWhyw

hahaha I've never heard of this guy before. but he's great. sounds just like foghorn leghorn AH SAY AH SAY. GOT SUM SEXY PIECES O GARLIC HYAH.

yeah, he's usually drunk also. Entertaining as hell.

I tried his cajun pickled eggs and sausage and it was fucking amazing. Think I might do it again because of this thread.

Cajuns are amazing cooks.

agreed, I love cajun food.

Would like to do a crawfish boil this summer when family comes to town for the eclipse.

How do you get them spicy?

>Ingredients : spices

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salted_duck_egg
Then you make salted eggs, not pickled eggs

>people actually eat pickled eggs

Enjoy being gassed out of your home by your own putrid farts

I work in a restaurant that goes through a lot of boiled eggs. We hold them up to a week submerged in water.

don't they float when boiled?

It's fine as long as you're going through them using the ones on top. You can also fill up a container with a lid so they can't rise over the water.