Is this literary kino?

Is this literary kino?

Is it too deep for pseuds to really "get"?

Did George RR Martin tap into true literary genius?

no

nyet

Is this culinary kino?

Is it too deep for plebs to really "get"?

Did my dog tap into true culinary genius?

no

I enjoyed it. I may be judged harshly for saying this but it's kinda my favorite fantasy series. The Lord Of the Ring is practically a religous story while A Song of Ice and Fire has grit and realism. Go ahead call me a brainlet pleb but that doesn't change the fact that it's great series. The TV show did spoil the magic though and hate GRRM for selling his soul and embracing feminism.

Brainlet Pleb.

>but that doesn't change the fact that it's great series.
You sound like an American that only know fast food and is butthurt when Europeans are saying that this is shit. Please read The Wheel of Time.

>and hate GRRM for selling his soul and embracing feminism.

>and hate GRRM for selling his soul and embracing feminism.

another wannabe' cock sucker from the church of milo,

>The Lord Of the Ring is practically a religous story while A Song of Ice and Fire has grit and realism
american """"""""""""academia""""""""""""

It's an above average series with incredibly repetitive and tiresome writing style. 'Great' is an overstatement.

You'll be judged harshly for having a 'favourite fantasy series' in the first place.

The Wheel Of Time is superficial as fuck. Its just the surface of a story, the characters are incredibly shallow and lack any real development or psychological credibility.

That being said, I only read 7 of them.

The first 2 books are Kino. Then it all goes downhill.

Projecting much?

>the wheel of time
I'm honestly sorry for you user.

I'm also sorry for you being a massive faggot

>A Song of Ice and Fire has grit and realism.
>A Song of Ice and Fire
>realism

HAH

No.

>multiple 1000 page books of hair tugging, nose sniffing shit with zero plot or character development

Your opinion is shit and nobody care about it

>realism
dragons and magic and shit
i give you the grit though

I was being a little brash there, I find Milo distasteful at best. Also, I am not too but hurt about the feminism aspect and it really isn't particularity overwhelming in the books although it does reach toxic levels in the Tv Show ( with the Sand Snakes). However, The fact that he let the Show take over the story does seem unfortunate.

Realism in a world where some kind of magic exists. There are theories that suggest that ASOIAF is really a sci-fi series with an emphasis on telekinesis and exaggerated genetic traits. See Peterson Jacobs on Youtube for reference.

I mean that I can accept that dragons exist then I can believe that females can be competent rulers; You get the gist.

>Realism in a world where some kind of magic exists.

Realism as in GURRRM has no idea how feudalism works, has no idea how medieval agriculture works, has no idea how the manorial system works, has no idea how medieval governance works, has no idea how medieval combat, personal or military, works, has no idea how rapidly technological and societal progress happens.

Neither do I.

I'm fairly certain he's stated outright that his system isn't 100% feudal.

Though, you do have a point with all the other things. Things staying in medieval stasis for thousands of years is weird as hell.

It is war of Roses with tits, dragons and meme dwarf. A cheap shot for at that time barren 90´s teen fantasy market. It´s impressive only if any fantasy you have ever red was Lotr and its imitation.

What fantasy books would you recommend?

Start with Ursula Le Guin.

This board makes me want to buy them out of spite even though I don't really like fantasy. Pack of snotty little faggots.

It's a pretty fun book.

You could call it alternate realism; there is some kind of theoretical extra natural forces at play but they are also consistent.

Yes

Here we go again. Leiber, Howard, Lovecraft, Dunsany, Eddison, Kipling, Haggard, Peake, Mieville, or Moorcock, PS: skipped Wolfe, he is nothing special.