What are some effective research validated health promoting diets?

Focusing on neurological, cardiovascular and metabolic health.
I tried asking Veeky Forums, they didn't seem overly concerned with the Veeky Forumsness, more about the GAINZ.
By the way, this can include any supplementation required for efficiency.
>Also, how accurate is the OP image?

Other urls found in this thread:

scholar.google.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_China_Study
youtube.com/watch?v=XX_CPxwRroA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nutritional_genomics
nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2623/2
nutritiondata.self.com/facts/beef-products/10526/2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The image is vegan propaganda, peddling mental illness in the guise of health. Cheese is a threat to you brain, and please don't look too closely at the pile of pills at the bottom.

>Focusing on neurological, cardiovascular and metabolic health
Read 'Grain Brain' by Dr David Perlmutter, or check out his website for articles.

Fuck fuck fuck *your* brain not you brain.

Pretty much the only valid part of that image is the very bottom

Excercise, stimulation, and sleep. Those three things are infinitely more important than your diet as long as you don't have some horrible deficiency

Meth fits under all three categories, so almost accurate.

Your cells are made of fats and proteins

....so eat stuff that will be broken down into those things: FATS AND PROTEINS

STOP EATING STUPID FUCKING MANIFESTATIONS OF THE SAME CARBOHYDRATE TWISTED INTO THE SAME THING

DIFF BETWEEN A MARSHMALLOW POPTART AND A POTATO IS STEREOCHEMISTRY

> eating meats is bad
> pills are a okay

Thank you, user.
I honestly didn't notice the pills, I was just quickly looking for an OP image.
I did think it was strangely devoid of animal products.

Interesting.

I thought amphetamine was kinder to your system?

I took the image to mean, avoid fried foods.
Not avoid meat entirely.
That is, of course, user above pointed at the B12 pills.

I'd rather take supplements to make up for the lack of B-12 then eat meat.

It's an infographic from PCRM, a PETA/HSUS front group.

Why?

It seems I've derailed my own thread.
Shall I delete and use a different image?

only diet shown to prevent and even reverse heart disease is a plant based diet. Even the american college of cardiology recommended them for optimal heart health.

go see the healthy eating guidelines from literally any reputable medical organization such as WHO or harvard medical to name a few. You'll see they recommend what is essentially a plant based diet, recomming to replace meat with stuff such as legumes.

also go check out what the blue zones eat (the worlds longest living populations). Again, its a mostly plant based with a lot of legumes.

they arent magical and wont make you focus significantly better, but for long term health especially heart wise they are optimal.

So, pescetarianism?

Even as a vegan you should be getting all the B12 you need from the veggies you eat. Humans don't need very much of it and all the insect parts and poop on the veggies container more than enough B12.

scholar.google.com/

That's the best way to search for stuff like this. The main problem is that the human body is so vastly different between each human being in regards to health and a "healthy" diet. You can science the shit out of it and still come back with wonky results between different people. When it comes right down to it, nearly everything is merely, "correlative," instead of, "causative". The best you can get is some interesting results.

You can see how wonky things get by watching "Forks Over Knives" then reading "The China Study". en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_China_Study Then googling those things and reading the controversy about it. While you are at it, read about the controversy over the Food Pyramid. Then you'll start to understand why "diet" is so fucking related and difficult to pin down. What ever papers you read, try to back trace who funded it and where the people were employed prior to and after publishing it. Sometimes that really throws a wrench into it.

That's great.
Sounds like some real dirty science going on with these nutritionists!
Thanks for the worrying info.

Yeah, worrying enough that I became a farmer just to have my own food and can look in the eye to person who grew/raised it and cooked it (with mirror aid). After studying where food comes from, how it is processed, the ingredients it contains, and the diets considered "healthy" I said enough is enough and did my own thing.

If you want some popsci food docs to watch to pass the time try,

•Food, Inc (scaremongering with insight into one side of things and how they think)
•King Corn (interesting & informative)
•Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead (also interesting with a bit of fearmongering)
•Supersize Me (just "lol wtf are you doing" watch "Fat Head" after this for the counter argument)

HOW'S THAT GRAIN BRAIN WORKIN' OUT FOR YA, PLEB?

Do you think this big ass head was grown using disgusting carbohydrates for plebs?

How can people say the shit in this thread when you have shit like this go on in the world:

youtube.com/watch?v=XX_CPxwRroA

This isn't a healthy thing to do.

Why does food make people go full brain let? Just learn physiology and read papers, watching Le Exposé memedocumentaries is so stupid, as is believing that low carb is somehow good for you when all of the massive meta-analysis papers show no difference

Because nutrition is complex.

If you have 10 people on 10 different diets, none of which are "extremely unhealthy" you will probably get the same results.
The human body is adaptable and there isn't a universal exact perfect diet.
Humans are diverse, diets are diverse and the body is adaptable.
Why is that so difficult for the rest of you to understand?

But there are foods that have health benefits...

Best answer

wrong. there are nutritional deficits which cause problems

there is no such thing as a hralth benefit. foods arent upgrade chips we insert ibnto our genes

>then
Whew, I thought you meant you didn't eat meat for a second.

>foods arent upgrade chips we insert ibnto our genes

It's a thing : en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nutritional_genomics

>brain is made out of O3, saturated fat, cholesterol
>avoid sat fat
>no fish
Everything on the right is good, bit it's in dire need of fatty fish. Saturated fat doesn't need to be sought out but it doesn't need to be avoided either

the brain needs protein, so meat has to appear too, next to fish, meat is THE evolutionary driver for our brains

got REKT by , nasty!

Fish is meat?

So, go pescetarian?

Go pescetarian if you want. I just think there is nothing wrong with meat/dairy

I'd still consume dairy.
I'm not just that much of a fan of red meat.
Of course, things like bacon, mince and jerky are enjoyable.
But a pork chop, steak and other large cuts, often aren't.
I'd probably stick to mostly pescetarian, but include dairy, eggs; white meat and occasionally red meat (Sunday roast, Easter and Christmas).

Friendly reminder that the meat industry uses the same tactics as Cigarette companies did/do to encourage you to eat meat.

These industries try to buffer Demand loss when studies come out proving an industry is harmful (to your bodies and to animals). They're trying to regain a footing in the market.

Also, even if you do eat meat it's a good idea to supplement with B12 and the "pills lmao" argument is for literal subhumans.

This man has never taken a drug in his entire life. Ignorant, but worthy of salute for his conservative approach to the scary.

I dislike the cronyist meat industry, buy local.

Except for all the veggie things that have lots of protein which we now have access to thanks to agriculture.

Soybeans, mature seeds, sprouted, raw: 13g of protein for every 100g of veggie.
nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2623/2

Beef, grass-fed, ground, raw: 19g of protein per 100g of beef.
nutritiondata.self.com/facts/beef-products/10526/2

Cooked lima beans are almost 7g of protein per 100g. Peas 5.5g and so on.

You can just eat brewer's yeast for B12. It is actually good on popcorn. Just don't overdo it. It is fortified with B12 though, so sorta counts as a pill I guess.

This sounds interesting.

MODERATION. Eat everything in moderation. Is it fucking hard?
Make sure to always have some vegetables as a side dish, but don't be scared to eat a steak alongside them. Sometimes eat fruits when you're hungry, sometime treat yourself with an icecream or whatever you prefer. Don't abuse fried foods. Eat an healthy amount of bread/pasta/other complex carbohydrates. Try to match your local food types, your guts microbes are tuned for them. You can even eat at burger king once every two weeks, just don't go crazy with it. Also exercise. Even just taking the stairs or having a walk instead of using a car/bus helps more than you might think

G.O.M.A.D

>dont use cast iron cookware, its bad 4 u!!
>take pills that say right on the package "these statements have not been evaluated by the FDA" instead

Nigger that image is shit.

LOL got me, got me good.