Is Lovecraft copyrighted?

Is Lovecraft copyrighted?

Could I write and sell stories that use Lovecraft characters and images?

Has anyone been sued or sent letters to stop selling lovecraft mythos stuff?

ITT: I don't know how to google.

For the most part, no.
Yes.
Yes.

>>/google/

>how do i think for myself and answer a thread properly

WUT

Lovecraft is public domain. Completely. All of it.

You can print and sell his work as you wish. You can write sequels to the stories. You can make toys based on his work. You can do fucking anthing with it.

Have fun.

Not sure why you're confused.
>Is Lovecraft copyrighted?
For the most part, no, but there are a few odd exceptions and publishers claiming copyright on certain later things.

>Could I write and sell stories that use Lovecraft characters and images?
Yes, lots of people have done so.

Has anyone been sued or sent letters to stop selling lovecraft mythos stuff?
Yes, they have, usually without any in-court success.
What was unclear?

why does lovecraft imagery strike such a chord with people like videogamers and anime fans who have probably never read him and care about no literature besides him

He hates nig-nogs.

Aesthetics

that's a mighty assumption you got there boyo

I can only name 1 anime and 1 video game that has lovecraftian influence (Nyaruko and Bloodborne), and they're pretty fucking niche when it comes to video game and anime culture.

It's all reddit memes that Veeky Forums started. Everyone knows what Cthulhu is and also probably know that some guy named Lovecraft invented it.

A lot of lovecrafts things used other people's characters and images, so yeah.

Entry level?

Everytime a kid mentions cthulhu (always comes up when they try to rank god's, idiots) in tutorials I immediately ask them what aspect of cthulhu was most terrifying for man.

Someone will inevitably Google the answer, shutting down the disruptive student's idiotic guesses.

Fostering bullying is one of the best for a of class management.

what?

This happens to you often?

the problem with stealing Lovecraft's shit is that he's unique. there were very few writers who managed to hit that nail precisely like him, and most people recognize this. you steal his shit and they're all "oh, that's Lovecraft. why don't you do something original, fag?

his flabbiness first, and then his stench. if you're tutoring kids, you'll know exactly what i mean.

Providence is mind-blowing

Fucking Google if it's in the public domain, you mong. It's not hard. If it's in the public domain, you don't have to pay for anything.

i wanted to make a thread first but now i saw this one. i am currently working on making a infographic to show how certain works of lovecraft are interconnected (regarding characters or events that are being referred to) or are stand-alone stories. this is harder than i first expected and i was wondering if such a thing already exists in pieces, so far i just found a few articles for the dreamland cycle. can sb help me out here?

sorta like this but with more detail