Ever had an Iceberg thread lit?

Ever had an Iceberg thread lit?

Other urls found in this thread:

cddc.vt.edu/sionline/si/goteborg.html)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

just read the greeks

the "start with the greeks" meme is the "install gentoo" of Veeky Forums

I'm at level six, just gotta turn into the beluga.

One of these things was where I learnt about floor tiles

Here's a start

Here's an addition

pic related

If this is about deepness and difficulty of access the Bible should show up on every level.

Yeah, I'm having trouble placing it...

Because in one sense it's the most normie book in history but it's also not necessarily easy to read and all.

wow haha, +1

King should be the surface level

p sparse

feel free to add

>Tolstoy, Dostoevsky, and Dante
>Underground
Americans...

This one is pretty good.

Ey, can someone put "Understanding Kafka's Philosophy" in one level and "Understanding Kafka's aesthetic" in the one below?

I think I've reached my limit here.

Not patrician enough to go deeper.

What is the list of books to get you laid?

On my phone but if someone wants to put this into the Gimp it would be much appriciated.

1: state capitalism

2: social democracy, "green" capitalism, DeLeonism

3: right-libertarianism, marxism-Leninism, anarcho-capitalism

4: anarcho-communism, marxism-leninism-maoism

5: anarcho syndicalism

6: Bordiga, left-libertarianism

Deep-sea animal: classical utopian republicanism

Activated-neuron man: Democratic confederalism

>Dune

Is this series any good. Some people told me it was a better sci-fi version of Tolkien and GRRM.

I bet a lot of people have read the Decameron by Boccaccio. Not in the native language though of course

Belugas are not deep-sea animals, neither they are lit. They have no place in a chart like this.

Wtf is Balzac doing deeper than Nietzshe and Baudelaire?

>Henry Darger was a reclusive American writer and artist who has become famous for his posthumously discovered 15,145-page, single-spaced fantasy manuscript called The Story of the Vivian Girls, in What is Known as the Realms of the Unreal, of the Glandeco-Angelinian War Storm, Caused by the Child Slave Rebellion, along with several hundred drawings and watercolor paintings illustrating the story

This sounds amazing.

That chart is complete cancer, so no.

Not bad not bad, but boccaccio and dante are studied in all italian high schools

I was asking everybody except you, sry for the confusion

ok rate me Veeky Forums

He's just trying to *snort* honor... the ballsack ;^)

Trash
>georges perec on bottom
???

How's this?

It's all contemporary but you've got stuff I can't find on libgen so props.

>Trash
why trash? I made it in 5 minutes didn't have time to think it over

also Perec... if only you knew the interpretation of W ou le souvenitr d'enfance and Life Instrucion Manual...

Yes, it was my idea to have only contemporary literature because it's only one century to cover, unlike 17th, 18th and 19th centuries

You should have stopped at level 3. This is embarrassing mate. Please try again once you've read something other than the Veeky Forums entry level list.

I know you haven't read all that shit.

Also try reading something that was written before 2015. There are a lot of good books that are more than a few decades old.

:(

I've read most of these but a few are memes.

>Also try reading something that was written before 2015
yea, Divine Comedy, Decameron and so on

Utter shit

>reading the Greeks in Latin

yes because you are jelly I know more than you and it is just XX and XXI century

fucking newfag scum.

Why do edgelords on here think Thomas Pynchon is extremely patrician? I know plenty of normie hipsters who read him.

>Tolkein
>Stephenson
>Michener
>lack any semblance of substance
what did he mean by this

Why is Celine not in the list ?

If you aren't saying this under at least 4 layers of irony kys

Deepest level: Reading shampoo bottles

This

reading and interpreting barcodes

>Beckett
>Incoherent by most readers
what the fuck nigger

and the SS+gomad of Veeky Forums

>hitchhikker's, stephen king and song of fire and ice below lotr
suicide you fucking nigger

Nice

Interested as well.

Lmao

same

This. It should get increasingly nonsensical toward the bottom, where the deepest level isn't reading at all

This is actually pretty good, although the multiple listings of Finnegans Wake is superfluous and unfunny. I like the nod to A Rebours, though. Although Des Esseintes doesn't seem to read Greek authors at all, circuitously getting at them in a long-forgotten, stilted Latin translation (even when you already know Greek) for some obscure aesthetic purpose is exactly something he would do. And Des Esseintes must surely be near or at the very bottom.

objective morality that low?

>unironically on the level above 'fallen'
What Am I?

The difference is reading the greeks is a great thing to do.

reading shampoo bottles and getting it

I think I can do one with spic writers but the last 3 or 4 tiers would be completely nonsensical.

>putting Deleonism near the top
there's like twelve of them in existence
>left-libertarianism
isn't that just a broader category for anarchism? or maybe you're using it to refer to left-rothbardian types

1 step further:judging shampoos based on whether they contain sodium lauryl or laureth sulfate

desu that probably does have huge focus group implications and is possibly covered in skyscraper shampoo PR meetings

i also feel like "subjective idealism" should be higher and "self as a process" should be lower

I like this one

Good one

>the bible
no

I love this one.

Added a few to fallen tier

Bump

>THE

good one

Only correct chart

>spinoza that high
>homer and shakespeare that low

>paasilinna
kek

>King below Poe
>Machiavelli on the same level as R.R. Martin
>Le Guin with Dosto, Kant, Orwell
Is this bait?

Its good but hubbard should appear at the final form as well.

watts rong with paassilinne?

>taking this seriously

If noone post the memeberg in next few minutes I'll go and dig it up from my archives.

Critique it. I dare you, it's impossible

should be inverted 2bh

"There is no such thing as situationism, or a situationist work of art, or a spectacular situationist. Once and for all."
- Vaneigem, The Fifth SI Conference in Göteborg (cddc.vt.edu/sionline/si/goteborg.html)

Also, between meme philosophy like OOO and the total lack of analytic philosphy, this chart is for fucking noobs. Lol, just lol.

see: lol these newfags

>analyticism
>relevant in current year

>Finnegan's Wake

>Joyce
>hard

>ironic shilling (paid)
fuuuucking kek im dying

>no deification
wew lads

He placed Dostoevsky very high though

Some things are kind of grating, like the way characters thoughts are all in italics, but when I read it a couple years ago I really liked it

Too bad the whole thing will never be published.