The French

Why do they continue to obfuscate and ruin Philosophy? Are they doing it on purpose?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH the french

>continue to
?

>I don't understand something
>It's not because I'm retarded but because it's obfuscated!
>Damn French!

>Why do they continue to obfuscate and ruin Philosophy?
Cuz they're french

I'm not a /pol/tard. I just mean, why are they always trying to reach and grab something that can't be grasped?

need more context

this Cunt did it before it was cool

Every philosophical nidea could be reduced to something readily understandable by the layman. Obfuscation is just a way to make the unremarkable (and sometime meaningless) sound impressive.

great thread

>Every philosophical idea can be dumbed down and simplified to the point where it's lost its original meaning

fix'd

That's because they like to understand rather than to explain

>I vastly overestimate just how meaningful philosophical ideas are.

There's nothing to gain by maintaining this charade, and there's nothing to lose but bad prose and misunderstandings.

after the failed revolution of may 1968, french intellectuals gave up on trying to change the world and contented themselves with spewing inane sophistry as a means to live the degenerate pomo lifestyle and bang gullible/hot undergrads

>I didn't understand Nietzsche, Kant, or Aristotle
>but I did understand Molyneux's filosofy 4 dummies infotainment videos on them
>therefore there is nothing more to them than what he said and they are obscurantist

I'd never watch that trash. But I guess philosophers and the greater philosophical community would lose their sense of superiority if the general population saw their ideas for what they really were. I imagine that contempt for the common man is what keeps them going, so I wouldn't expect this to change any time soon.

i shouldn't have to learn how to read past an 8th grade level ;ccccc

If a work can justify its difficulty, there's no problem (e.g., Ulysses). There just isn't a single philosophical work that's managed to do it.

t. reddit

pick any french philosopher you've read and please explain their basic arguments. no googling.

white ppl are bad boys should date boys and girls should rule the world so civilization will collapse so they can have a harem of children!!!

Do you even know what reddit is like? It's full of people patting themselves on the back for extracting what little information there is out of these notoriously difficult texts.

They didn't, I'd argue they kept in relevant. Why did they ruin it in your opinion? Take Deleuze or Foucault for example, they weren't going for an academic kind of philosophy. Foucault admitted his philosophy is a kind of fiction (in-essence) and Deleuze, talking about Anti-Oedipus, said that it would be best understood by someone who wasn't a philosophy or psychoanalyst. The French were interested in limits, which imo comes from Baudelaire and Bataille, that is way the language comes across like a kind of anti-language.

It may sound silly but this is slowly becoming the accepted truth with regards to the things written about by philosophers. Their contempt for the public will that occurred in both the style of their writing and the way they behaved will be used to turn the public against them and the institutions they support.

>he's too reddit for reddit