Gnocchi

What are some easy sauces that go with store bought, pre made gnocchi?

Other urls found in this thread:

veganyumyum.com/2008/03/gnocchi-with-thyme-vinaigrette-and-lemon-cashew-cream/index.html
youtube.com/watch?v=LRmPcaGAG0s
youtube.com/watch?v=DznKjP7p4-A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I like to saute them with a little fresh garlic, butter, and a splash of white wine.

Vodka sauce muhfugga

Eye-talian here. Nonna taught us a very autenticco rezzeta for store-bought gnocci called «gnocci alla spazzatura», you do it like so:

>take store bought gnocci
>place in trash
>make proper gnocci
>wa la

butter and tarragon

I was looking up a mushroom sauce and came across a lot like that. the only way I've had them is in a tomato pasta sauce

kek

Yech, Italians are so gross

Sour Cream
Hot Sauce of your choice
Fresh dill

Yum yum

after reading this post I went and did just that with a bit of bacon. Nice job, it was tasty

Bechamel is easy to make and great with a lot of stuff. Never had it with gnocchi, but I'm willing to bet it would be good. Season it with a little nutmeg, it's great.

I can't eat gnocchi they look like grub worms or maggots.,

Heavy cream (or cream cheese and milk)
Porcini
Priscuitto
Gorgonzola

Best ever. Ate at a restaurant and now make it once every few months.

A place I worked at had a gnocchi of the month and I forget all of them but one that stood out that was particularly tasty.

It was basically sautéed bratwurst medallions and onions (maybe pepper?) gnocchi and finished with a mustard sauce which was spicy mustard and heavy cream. You can find more gourmet recipes for the sauce but from what I remember those were the two key ingredients. Shit was pretty cash.

veganyumyum.com/2008/03/gnocchi-with-thyme-vinaigrette-and-lemon-cashew-cream/index.html

Four tablespoons oil = 400 nutrient-free calories >:(

Puttanesca works pretty well. Any tomato-based sauce I think would be fine, as long as you know what you're doing. Gnocci is basically all carbs, so I like to pair it with sometihng acidic to balance that out.

Cover it in a nice hearty meat sauce.

>with a bit of bacon
hello r.eddit

A smooth tomato works best imo. If you want to make something yourself get some fresh basil and parsley. Chop finely and combine with butter or olive oil and grated parm.

This. Gnocchi are easy as fuck to make and cheap as hell, i have no idea why you'd buy them premade

add fresh chopped chive too

Catsup

crazy vegan health nut cultists need to get OFF my board
browned butter and sage with a dusting of parmigiano reggiano and black pepper. My go to pasta sauce other than olive oil and garlic w/pepper flakes

>Gnocchi are easy as fuck to make
No, they really aren't.

a white wine cream sauce, add peas and smoked salmon

youtube.com/watch?v=LRmPcaGAG0s

This is a joke, right?

Store bought gnocci is garbage, but that's a huge process, makes a huge mess, and takes a fair amount of equpiment

If fucking around for hours boiling and ricing potatoes, kneading dough, and individually pressing out a months' worth of food one bite at a time is "easy as fuck", what would be your criteria for a single, normal dish that's "a pain in the ass"? And when I say "normal" I expect you not to post one of those things out of Modernist Cuisine.

the hardest thing is ricing the potatoes
and no, its not a joke you are just lazy

You didn't answer the question

the question makes no sense, you don't even kneed the potato dough, you combine it and roll it out into sneks then cut into bites
you can go ahead and put the ridges into it if you want or you can just boil the gnocchi as is

you remind me of Letterman in this
youtube.com/watch?v=DznKjP7p4-A

Why are you rehashing the content of the video you already posted as if it answers the question?

If boiling potatoes and individually pressing out your food one bite at a time is not a pain in the ass, what dish do you consider a pain in the ass?

I'm just looking for some calibration here. Thanks in advance.

>If boiling potatoes and individually pressing out your food one bite at a time is not a pain in the ass, what dish do you consider a pain in the ass?
I don't know, I am not lazy
I guess deboning a turkey is tedious

Ah, I see, you're just a youtube fan who doesn't really cook any of the stuff he watches.

First of all, "deboning a turkey" isn't a dish, and takes much less time than the clusterfuck in the video.

You do realize that the video was edited, right? It doesn't take 6 minutes and change to make gnocci? That it actually takes time to peel all the potatoes, boil the water, etc, etc? That isn't exactly midweek cooking after work material, but then again you're a NEET so what would you know about that.

>mad wagecucky is mad
top lyl

>having a job is an insult now
This is neo-Veeky Forums

Maybe post some rare pepes while you're at it?

the poop is your problem?
and yes deboning a turkey to make a roulade is a pain in the ass

you know you don't have to watch the potatoes boil right?
its 15 minutes of work at max

Tastes great fried

tick tock wagecuck, Mr sheklesteinrosenburg expects you bright and early in the morning :^)

>you know you don't have to watch the potatoes boil right?
Ok? And you don't have to watch the wheat grow either, doesn't mean growing your own grain isn't a pain in the ass.
>but you can do other stuff between planting and harvesting
Just no, stop.

On the bright side you actually posted a dish, not a step. On the other hand, it was a poorly thought out example. You don't have to debone an entire turkey to make a roulade, any reasonable butcher will sell you a single turkey breast.

I think you would be hard pressed to pick a single common dish that has a wider disparity between "store bought" and "made from scratch" than gnocci. It's just not fun, not quick, and it's only "easy" if you have a childish notion of "easy" as meaning "doesn't require an advanced degree to perform the task"

Make bomb ass Bolognese sauce, put on the gnocchi, grate on some parmesan. Kaboom baby.

>any reasonable butcher a single turkey breast
lazy

>making everything as complicated as possible for no gain makes me smart
install gantoo xd also antisemitism lol

SPAGBOL
P
A
G
B
O
L

>anti-semitism is bad
You have to go back

All that work...for the nutritional content of cardboard...
Well if that suits you...eat like shit....

OP here, thanks for the suggestions. I think i'm going to just use a jar of Bolognese sauce. why over-complicate things?

is that loss?

If you emulsify the butter garlic and wine it makes a nice classic italian butter sauce
I'd add some chopped shallot too tho

Yes.. damn it

Shallots won't overwhelm the chickens natural flavors, fuck yeah

A badda bingaddy badda boomidy hahh??

I usually cook them with just some dairy cream, garlic, ham slices cut into small squares, chive and a bit of parmigiano at the end. It's simple, unexpensive and very good.

Erm, the only hard part about it is understanding how to work the dough if you've never had the benefit of watching someone do it and getting hands on experience. I'm not going to pretend cooking potatoes and ricing them is hard. What's hard is getting it to come together correctly, knowing the ratios, etc.

Even for experienced cooks gnocchi is one of the more inconsistent dishes, and like I said it's very difficult if all you have to go off of are written recipes and videos.

It doesn't help that almost all the videos for it edit out bulk of the dough making process. I can't tell you how many I've watched where they start out with an unworkable sticky mess and then cut straight to a perfect ball. Like...what's the fucking point of even making a video.

I've only made them from scratch once. they're not that hard to make but it was very messy.

A nice pesto perhaps?