Tfw spend all my money on books

>tfw spend all my money on books

ok. ok. wow. just... ok. there's this little thing called a fucking library you gigantic fucking faggot. you should only truly own 25-50 books with high rereadability, the rest you get from a library or on AbeBooks.com for like $0.01 and free shipping. you fucking piece of shit.

>he's not, over the course of his lifetime, slowly building a bookshelf, which he will be able to cherish, display, and self-reflect on when he's an old man

>100+ unread books on my shelf
>still buying more

>owning books for vanity
ok. ok. wow. just... ok. clearly you have learned nothing from any of the decent books you own in your shitty fucking collection. go stick your dick in a fire hose and turn it on

HOW DARE HE SPEND HIS OWN MONEY

There's literally nothing wrong with owning a bookshelf for the reasons I listed.

>vanity
>implying people shove their bookshelves in peoples' faces

>Buy my entire wishlist because I'm afraid I might forget about it

Not that user, but you literally used the word
>display

>Not displaying books for yourself to admire

Not everyone bases their lives around other people user, I like the way a bookshelf looks and I like it being in my presence.

ok. ok. wow. just... ok. you are missing the entire fucking point. you are so fucking dense it's like you actually never read a book in your entire life. i hope your airport news stand tier books fall on top of your balls and pop them so you can't reproduce any more disgusting fucking filth like you on this planet and save the human race you fucking cunt scab

>tfw I work at a used book store so I get first pick of all the new stock
>just picked up a full Modern Library set of In Search of Lost Time, like new condition, for $2

Why are you so angry, friend? Why does it bother you that some people simply prefer buying their books?

>is it because you're pic related?

>be Australian
>go on Amazon for the first time
>find second hand books going for $0.01
>HOLY SHIT GOLDMINE
>try to buy book
>postage to Australia is $49.99

>Beauty is inherently an evil thing

ever heard of hexchat and calibre? twat

Why are you so mad? You will never see this person in real life, his owning books doesn't affect you.

You probably own an ereader, you fucking faggot.

ok. ok. wow. just... ok. ever hear of AbeBooks.com? it's literally the same sellers as Amazon who copy/paste the same exact listings, except there is free shipping on like half the books so literally only $0.01 would be taken from your bank account in that situation you described. you're welcome and go fuck yourself.

thank you so much and go fuck yourself as well :^)

So you're as happy as a cat in a box is what you're saying.

>I work at a used book store
>impressed.jpg

>being this assblasted about people spending money on things that bring them joy
Have you tried not being poor?

precisely :^)

ok. ok. wow. just... ok. wow, samefagging in insane in this thread. shoot a hot glue gun up your dickhole you fucking faggot

mmmm fuck me harder daddy ~~

>can't check unique IPs
>keeps smugposting
How's your first day on Veeky Forums going?

>tfw waiting for an ebay seller to accept or reject an offer on a book I've wanted for a while but couldn't afford
More anticipation than christmas tbqh lads

i love when those work out. you feel like you won a lotto. robbing bastards tho when it doesn't

Exactly! Feeling good about this one - we have done a small amount of haggling already and my final offer is very very close to his last counteroffer.

By the way, how much (as a rough % of asking price) do you think it all right to offer? Obviously too low will result in being ignored without further haggling, but too high and you may pay a little over the odds. I'd be interested to hear any thoughts