There are no original ideas or concepts left

There are no original ideas or concepts left.

Kill yourself then.

Fucking hell ..Get out of the basement ..Archtypes are all around you ..Just open your eyes

Oh no is Pepe the frog sad about this? :(

we must make Pepe the frog of virginity happy again!! There are ideas left Pepe!! trust us, we need you!

>living in a time in human history where innovation over the last 10 years was more rapid than the previous 100,000 years combined
>hurrrr durrr i can't think of any ideas

ok. ok. wow. just... ok. you are so fucking stupid that it is offensive to even be commenting on this fucking thread

>le science
>innovation
dude what if were in a simulation lmao

You can't say that as frog. Go fucking study or live an examinated life, or something like that.

After you do that, then you say there's nothing new if you didn't find anything.

>triggered this hard by a one sentence cliche

>no original ideas or concepts
That would be...

YOU lack original thought and imagination.

The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

Nothing new has been invented, retard.

It's just simplified and more minute forms of things we had 100 years ago.

CPUs are just incredibly small transistors.

>There are no original ideas or concepts left.
I've seen this exact thread before...

Novelty (or mutation) is created by repetition.

Heres one Injust came up with that u can have,,,

Scene 1
user posting endlessly on an image board hoping to find solace in sad frogs and structered (unstructured debates). With every captcha completed and post sent he (she) finds herself (himself) more alone in the world (wide web)

Scene 2
One late night after frog posting user gets the courage to go to bed and flicks off their monitor. They don't recognize the reflection that aches back at them and this causes them to immediately open 4chanorg on their phone to search for themselves again among the memes

Scene 3
After a restless night user is still alone, without even himself and is greeted by the sunrise. Choice A, user goes to sleep now and repeats the cycle or choice b user stays up for the dayfor the day in an effort to escape

I'll let u chose between a or b, this is just something to start on

Nice post user. I read it all
-blurryface

There never was. All stories/ideas were imprinted in all of our DNA.

Including this post.

"The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun. Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us."

LOL none that will come from you anyway

I actually think the rise of the internet allows us to explore concepts and ideas that haven't truly been discussed before, at least not beyond thought experiments.

The old guys were good, but how many of them knew anything about online interaction in a hyper-mediated world?

That's where you're welcome to kiddo.

>Stream of consciousness: every single persons inner monologue is different and unique.

>There are no original ideas or concepts left.

Even IF this is the case, that's not the end. You don't need to original ideas/concepts, provided you can USE ideas/concepts in the right way.

Take Schopenhauer's philosophy, for example. There is fundamentally nothing new about it - merely a footnote upon Locke and Berkeley, with their idea of there being no noumena, only phenomena.

Nonetheless, he USED these ideas to justify a fundamentally pessimistic outlook/philosophy, which brought him a great deal of posthumous fame.

Git good.

ITT: The Ideology of Plebs

wrong, I've got plenty of them waiting to be articulated later in life

everything is eternal and new. fuck off pleb.

Wow you copied my post plagiarist...

>we had transistors 100 years ago

Nice excuse

>all accademic art has been based on gimmick for a century now, and almost literally no one is a master of his craft in a classical sense anymore

You know what does that mean mate. Write the new Divina Commedia or compose the new 9th Symphony, being excellent on both modern and classical standards. Become a true maestro in your craft and channel through it your entire universe.

I'm pretty sure that this applies to both classical music, narrative and poetry, but it won't ever apply again to paintings, that's a truly dead medium.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

>The internet has led to a revolution in information to the masses
>The western world has the lowest birthrate and sexual statistics in history
>The world has never been safer, yet people have never been more scared
>The political scene is a complete fucking mess
>Kids are growing up literally raised by computer screens
>"Self-hatred" a new en masse diagnosis that was almost completely unheard of 100 years ago

That's just a fraction of it
How can you not find interesting shit to write or study in this day and age??

Music is pretty devoid of originality too. Occasionally you'll see some innovators who revamp sound but apart from a few cases it's pretty stagnant in general. Even some of the most original and refreshing artists of this decade are too heavily reliant on techniques established back in the 60s and 70s. For example Oneohtrix Point Never.

It's even worse with mainstream cinema. The last boundary pushing film was what? Lord of the Rings? And on a basis it was the first to fulfill a niche that was just the natural progression of technology.

I don't know, maybe I'm just overthinking but it's weird to contemplate how things will be in art a century from now.

>he doesn't understand amplification
the smaller we build our components, the greater scope we have to play with.

> The last boundary pushing film was what? Lord of the Rings?

Thing is, there's no guarantee WE have a solid grasp on just how radically this stuff is changing the way we think. You might be a techno-utopian and believe the internet to be your new jerusalem, but its precisely that kind of delusional attitude which generates echo chambers, heavily polarised opinions and value-systems. We have no way of knowing what the sum of its effects could be on our psychology, as no two people have exactly the same browsing history.

You do not know anything about music and especially film. Please refrain your self from posting about these arts.

He didn't even say anything that obscenely abstract. You're just saying things for the sake of saying things.

i'm gonna tell you something an user told me years ago, and it stuck with me and helped me through some tough times.

who cares? write your story. write it better.

I don't know much about anything, but Death Grips is like a breath of fresh air. I think the general consensus is all of the ideas have been taken, but everyone has a different interpretation of that idea. The Greeks came up with the most basic stories (Sisyphus, etc) and now it's our responsibility to expand upon those ideas; for example, The Myth of Sisyphus.

>I don't know much about anything, but Death Grips is like a breath of fresh air.
Agreed, they're pretty inventive with sound. Though they get too much flak around here nowadays.

There never were

>I have no idea how computers work
ya ok

it's so hard to find a place to think about the right ideas

I will be the Ali-gheri of Video Games.
Witness me.

>"Self-hatred" a new en masse diagnosis that was almost completely unheard of 100 years ago
ah yes, totally not a product of St. Augustine of Hippo (yeah, THAT St. Augustine of Hippo)

Yea, the first experimental transistor computers had an identical societal effect to the iphone.