Punctuation Question

I'm trying to find a punctuation mark that indicates nesting relationships, kind of like Houseplant > Orchid > Moth Orchid. But I'm not sure I want to use the greater than sign. What other options are there that would be almost immediately recognizable as meaning "This is a member of the group that came before it, and that one belongs to the group that came before it." etc.?

arrows maybe? (like -->)

ok. ok. wow. just... ok. this is a really easy question that this really good info site called www.google.com, you fucking faggot, can answer for you

a bit hositle

That was a really spicy opinion. You know what to do now.

Hmm maybe.

It's a fucking blue board. Children act like cunts on blue boards to make it seem (to themselves, but noone else) that they know SO FUCKING MUCH about the topic at hand that it's LAUGHABLE that some pleb would even DARE to ask a question. That's why /g/, Veeky Forums, /an/, etc. are all cancerous tumors of ignorance and aggression.

ok. ok. wow. just... ok. clearly you have a lot of insecurities that are causing you to act like a gigantic fucking child. go fuck yourself faggot

google "subset"

A⊆B

>What other options are there that would be almost immediately recognizable as meaning "This is a member of the group that came before it, and that one belongs to the group that came before it." etc.?

How about just saying exactly that?

It's not obvious what that means.

Because it's for text, not speech.

All typographical symbols are arbitrary. What do you want, a symbol that zaps into your brain and tells you what it means by itself?

OK, "why not just write exactly that?" smartass.

set theory notation for "is an element/member of"

Because I don't feel like writing "Houseplant, now this next object is a houseplant: Orchid, and this one is an Orchid: Moth Orchid" What are you, dense?

Already said, but it's not obvious what that symbol means to someone who doesn't know what it is. I'm leaning towards just arrows.

No they're not. You're just a sub-intellectual pleb trying to sound enlightened by pretending everything is homogenized. The meaning of a section symbol is far less natural than the meaning of an arrow.

>I want something that's obvious, but I don't want to just write it out so that it's obvious

Please leave.

>I'm stupid
Please vasectomy.

how is the meaning of an arrow natural?

Even animals point, retard. GET OUT. Now watch and see how many people figure out what the fuck a square root symbol means before they've been taught what the fuck it is.

The obvious to the reader solution is to just write it out, the pseud solution is to find some esoteric symbol to show how "smart" you are (but not so smart that you know the symbol before having to ask Veeky Forums).

how about "{" as in "plant { orchid"?

the bracket suggests a list of items falling under the left term, of which the right term is one

what does the shape of an arrow have to do with pointing?

Listen moron. It's a space-saving measure. My god you're retarded. You literally couldn't figure that out on your own? You don't write out a disclaimer about your severe mental disability in every post, so even you grasp the purpose of brevity (that means less words).

buncha plebs using punctuation

And arrow implies direction. "The house plant goes to the orchid."

"The houseplant, which is an orchid, specifically a moth orchid..."

Although that is a bit redundant. Why not just call a moth orchid a moth orchid? Everyone knows it's an domesticated orchid, which is a "houseplant"

alternatively,

houseplant(orchid(moth orchid))

>Listen moron. It's a space-saving measure
What space do you need to save?

f u wnt brvty wrt lk þs

>using simple english

lol retart

So this is a shitposting thread? OK

>OP disappears when he finally gets constructive input