How does ck cook eggs?

morning

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jQD6S6v4TyU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I typically heat them until they're cooked.

Either fried like that or scrambled. But I take out the bacon before frying.

there's so many rookie errors in that pic

do tell

Not that guy but like are you even trying or can you just not process what you're looking at?

Injected with hot sauce.

This is both hilarious and intriguing.

its eggs and bacon i made. pretty easy to process

Maybe top it with some chopped green onions.

I miss those threads post more sauces

I cook them in separate pans, holding all variables equal except for the control until I find the perfect way to cook an egg.

... And generally poached for about 5 and a half minutes.

Happy 4th, Satan!

>if you can't see what you're doing wrong, then I certainly won't tell you.

Yeah, I'm not going to do that unless you ask nicely. I'm not your fucking instructor and you're not paying me tuition.

Been trying the "spanish style" fried egg that i've recently seen chef Jose Andres do.

not him but
>bacon still in pan
>no seasoning
and maybe
>stainless for eggs

also top yolk is not receiving even heat from the pan, pressed up in the corner as it is

scrambled

Throw them into my rice, I can't stand fried eggs anymore

Of course you aren't. you're just larping.

>egg*

Always use butter instead of oil for frying an egg - richer taste, and the foaming-up of the butter keeps the egg from spreading all over the pan like a barrier.

Here's a not very good example of how I use eggs

that looks fucking sexy
>fried egg over rice w/ soy sauce + chives
am I missing anything?

Yes
>chives

That's green onion.

Basted.

Some garlic - and yeah it's a green onion but I'd have used chives if I had them back then

Fried to a crisp in lard or bacon grease with the fat spooned onto the yolk until it's just a bit runny but thickened.

Damn, that looks delicious.

Oil/butter basted until extra crispy. Hot sauce on top.

youtube.com/watch?v=jQD6S6v4TyU

"2-3 tablespoons" yeah, more like a half cup

i enjoyed this thread immensely. i learned an awful lot.

Kenji's fried egg video literally changed my world when I first saw it.

What's wrong with leaving the bacon in the pan? It's not like the pan is overcrowded.

What a retard. Learn to cook. Who the fuck even uses bacon fat to cook eggs anyways. That shit makes the egg soggy.

scrambled only

I'm trying to learn, you're not helping. I do agree there's too much bacon fat in op's pic but I don't understand why leaving bacon in there is detrimental.

He's either a troll or a contrarian/cynical faggot. Perhaps he is learning, too, and since OP isn't doing it exactly how he learned to do it, he goes into an autistic rage about how wrong it is. I have no fucking clue what he's on about in relation to bacon fat making the egg soggy. Sounds like he sucks shit at cooking and is blaming the ingredients.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with cooking an egg in bacon fat. Any kind of animal fat is fine (bacon, duck, even lard). The only thing you have to considr is the heat at which you're cooking it. If you want to cook it low and slow you can use anything including butter. When you want to use higher temperatures is when you need to use the appropriate fat (in that case bacon fat would work just fine).

tl;dr bacon fat is perfectly acceptable for frying eggs

Way to over-complicate something as simple as frying a fucking egg. Any half-decent cook should be able to produce a decent fried egg in ANY kind of fat, because what really matters is temperature control and technique. Regular people don't use separate pans for eggs and breakfast meats. Normal people can handle cooking one after the other in the same pan, or even at the same time. If you can't do this you should stop cooking. Looks like you're the retard, asshole.

If the egg is soggy it means your heat is too low. Turn the heat up and your egg will not be soggy, dumbass.

Frying eggs at too-low temperatures is a classic rookie move because they're scawed high flame wiw buwn theiw eggys.

happy 4th faggot.

Tryhard faggot.

Patrician

Why would people have to learn this it's common sense???

scrambled a la ramsay, with boursin instead of creme fraiche

whats that under the egg on top of the lettuce?

raw

Step aside for the king

You don't recognize your own cousin?

I really like Gordon's scambies spread over buttered and crumbled home made cat heads.

>satan posts food
>it's shit
I'm glad you didn't deep fry these eggs in Olive oil though
One of these days you'll be a good cook.

leave

To fry;

>Non stick pan, medium low heat. Some form of oil
>Break eggs into pan, allow bottom of white to firm up
>Tablespoon of water in, cover with a lid for top to cook in steam (Will turn top white)
>If you want them still yellow on top leave the lid off and keep pan on heat until cooked.
>Season, serve

To poach;

>Bring water to boil, then reduce to light simmer. NO SALT, drop of vinegar
>Swirl water, drop egg in gently
>Cook until they're how you like
>Take out, onto kitchen paper to dry off a bit
>Season, serve

To scramble;

>Non stick pan, medium low heat, good amount of (salted) butter in
>Add in eggs (No need to mix eggs in separate bowl)
>Stir eggs constantly, but gently throughout cooking to scramble and mix with the butter.
>Cook until done, if you want a bit of cream at the end cooking until they're done how you like, as the cream stops the cooking by cooling them down
>If no cream cook until just nearly done how you like, the eggs will cook a bit more on the plate with the residual heat.
>Pepper, shouldn't need salt (You did use salted butter right?)
>Don't stir too much or add in too much cream or you'll end up with and eggy paste, which is shit.

Eggs are the easiest thing to cook they're is past putting a tray on tendies in the oven.

All of this is wrong and you should feel bad.

one of these days

I like to cream them with brown sugar, white sugar, vanilla extract, and butter, then add in some flour, cinnamon, ground cloves, salt, ground ginger, nutmeg, and allspice, then a lot of oats and raisins (soaking the raisins in rum is nice). Then I form balls out of this mixture, refrigerate them, and bake them.

This is the best way to cook eggs.

I usually only eat them for breakfast once a week, or so, and my favorite is to steam them so that the yolk is still a bit runny and serve with sliced tomato and bread.

Today I made eggs Benedict Lee, which is like eggs Benedict except southern style.
The bed is corn bread (with Habanero peppers in my case), topped with hickory smoked bacon, topped with a poached egg, hollandaise sauce, garnished with green onion, and served with halved cherry tomatoes. Delicious.

>scambies

The fuck kind of baby talk bullshit is this?

im growing texas wild tomatoes which are a small, sweet cherry type.
im hoping they will reseed themselves every year and grow wild like they do in texas

Those are the bomb.

If you have the patience, you can halve those fuckers, de-seed them, blanch them to remove the skin, and then you can make a killer pasata by heating and reducing the water content with the pulp.

Pain in the ass though.

The Cable Guy, Jim Carrey, 1996.

I don't think half the people posting in this thread were even born by 1996.

Well I was born in 1981, and I'll not trim my reference pool for a bunch of millennial faggots. Not to mention the fact that I was introduced to movies from as far back as the forties as a kid, these wastes of tax money could at least recognize something from the time they all pretend to worship.

shave your neck

believe it or not you are a millennial yourself

>make a shallots, carrot, beef stock and red wine reduction
>thicken it by whisking it with kneaded butter
>sauté mushrooms, lardons (or bacon) and onions in a pan
>add the red wine sauce (you can set onions aside and add them at the last minute so they remain crispy)
>poach eggs
>serve them either smothered in sauce,either on top of fried bread or with some garlic croûtons on top
>garnish with chives
There you go, oeufs meurette. My mom didn't use bacon or lardons but instead made the sauce with leftover beef stock that had little bits of meat in it. I think she added tomato to the recipe too but I don't know in what form.

I'm a year out of the farthest stretch of that awful bunch, but thanks for trying.
The only beard I ever had was Kelly Berry in '95.

That looks pretty interesting.

im too lazy. i would probably just simmer them a long ass time then run them through a china cap

It looks like a kitty that's been cooked and covered in shit.

>break eggs into nonstick pot with approximately 2-3 tablespoons of butter
>gently wisk over a low heat, alternating between the stove and countertop
>repeat several times
>generous dollop of sour cream to stop them cooking
>season after cooking

They turn out creamy and fluffy as fuck, and are really good as a sort of spread for toast.

That's potato! He's implying you're related to potatoes. The internet meme dictionary says he's implying you're mentally handicapped! OMG SICK BURN!!!!!!

>I'm a year out of the farthest stretch of that awful bunch, but thanks for trying.

Not that there's an official hard cutoff date, but most researchers use mid to late 70's to mid to late 90's birth years to define millennials.

Sorry, you're a millennial.

What do you think about seasoning bacon with brown sugar before frying? Does it compliment something of bacon? My old 'murican friend did it for 'proper' breakfasts but I really couldn't bring myself to add something to already horribly preprocessed thing like bacon.

who /honey on eggs/ here
The most WOKE of breakfast foods

bacon is the most perfect food. kys

i made potato and broccoli soup with bacon. boiled the potato and stalk then added the florets back in

You can try all you want, but there's a huge difference between someone born in the 80s, and the faggots born in the late 90s. I really don't even get the grasp. "Yeah, I was born in 1999, but you're technically by some standard that doesn't even have any science involved labeled the same thing as me, please ignore the fact that you're 20 years older than me. Now please step aside while I facebook as a verb about Nintendo that is a thing my parents showed me in 2003." Fucking kill yourself unironically.

Why bacon tho? With all the meats and fresh vegetables available, what drives you to boil smoked beef and drink up all the preservative? If you cure your own pork and smoke it yourself I'll take a sip but if it's store bought gimmick with shits plastered on it consider killing yourself for kids of this planet.

i was born in the 70's
you can all kys
apple ][ > nintendo

throw in some thinly chipped ham and i'm dtf

i didnt boil smoked beef

I see. Get a trip so I can filter you.

Only pansys and faggots cook their eggs, real men eat that shit RAW I'ma give it to ya, with no trivia / Raw like cocaine straight from Bolivia / My hip-hop will rock and shock the nation / Like the Emancipation Proclamation / Weak MC's approach with slang that's dead / You might as well run into the wall and bang your head / I'm pushin' force, my force you're doubtin' / I'm makin' devils cower to the Caucasus Mountains

what kind of cheese do you guys put in your omelettes?

fromunda cheses

>satan

ill consider it

fromunda my nutts

what about this is exclusive to beef or pork belly? stores have heavily processed imitation variants of just about every kind of food you can imagine. Pay attention to what you're buying, it's not rocket science.

>late 70s
>millenials

Who decided this and how retarded were they?

Youtube has some nice vids up on preparation.

One looks pretty easy, and yet delicious.

Sauce: Chop shallot, or onion, bacon, mushroom. Saute in butter. Add red wine and reduce when everything's browned. Once reduced, add more red wine and beef / veal stock and start to reduce.

While sauce is reducing: add red wine to pot and bring to a simmer. Poach eggs in wine.

Toss poached eggs on toasted bread / whatever, add reduction, garnish and serve.

I saw a vid where some French dude reduced TWO entire fucking bottles of wine for one of the recipes....that's crazy.

time for lemon crepes

i wish i had wine
to drink
gonna watch sideways again