My penis>your penis

Therefore, both.

>no one has ever prayed for a cure for a life-threatening disease

Use a Auto clicker
DOD! DOD! DOD!

If user is following, Raid again!

>no one ever prayed for those things
>no one has ever prayed for a cure for a life-threatening disease

When christfags make claims like this, they are either telling the truth, in which case they are monumentally retarded.

Or they are telling lies, which tells us something about both their character, and about the impotence of their favourite god.

a vaccine is a preventative measure not technically a cure, and it has its own risks.

also is polio worse than destroying the entire world with nukes? arguably not.

I'm not even a christfag I'm just playing devil's advocate because fedoras such as yourself are fucking cancer.

>forgets that antibiotics cure life-threatening disease
>forgets nukes ended WWII
>thinks nukes are going to end the world
Devil's advocate doesn't require you to go full retard.

In many cases they are not mutually

But being a fedora sperglord does apparently. Everyone knows we are inching closer to annihilation with every passing day. Antibiotics just paves the way for the supervirus. Nuclear weapons remain a threat as long as the world remains in hateful anarchy. And how many cities will have to be abandoned to meltdowns before whole countries are uninhabitable? How many new cancers will be created by the toxic chemicals we bathe in everyday that we then have to work miracles to cure? More science, more problems. We are solving problems we never had and the unintended consequences will send us back further than the Stone Age.

Nah, you're a christfag. They are the only ones dumb enough to keep talking about hats whenever they are losing an argument. Your god's fake, mate. If you were a little brighter, that would be obvious to you too.

Nahhh you're a fedora, m8. The hat represents something you can't take off. It's that icky quality about you that keeps people away.

>Muh hat maymay

That image is just a straw man.

Science and religion are not mutually exclusive. You can beleive in god and not expect some magical father christmas to answer your every prayer.

>Implying nuclear decay is the same as nuclear fission "splitting the atom".

Somebody doesn't know how nuclear power plants actually work.

Not surprised...

>Science or religion?
verb or no verb?
Lrn2language fgt pls

Do you mean "What is better, science or religion?" or "Which should we follow, science or religion?". In both cases, science, because it is based on empirical evidence rather than blind faith.

>claiming your a scientist
>not seeing a false dichotomy

scienced and religion are not opposed. People who pit science against religion harm both sides.

Science is purely the study of everything. Stop trying to make it into a cult.

Science = study.

to be another devils advocate, you didn't actually present any convincing arguments, and insulting people for having a religion or faith is not an argument. You wrote a whole lot of gibberish that just boils down to "I hate Christians because they're dumb and wrong." Technically you're no better than televangelists/evangelists/zealots that espouse the same rhetoric about beliefs that contradict their own.

Therefore user is kind of right, and you are displaying 80% Fedora levels. Continue down this trajectory and I fear you could possibly go into full Fedora and buy a katana or trench coat.

What's the question? Is it "Do we need science of religion?" IMO religion and science are like the chicken and the egg because religion kind of makes placeholders for things we are trying to understand, while science gives a definition for them. I mean isn't religion and myth evidence that we as human beings were better than plain old animals? Our ancestors watched some fucked up shit happen and needed to understand how, what and why. Religion and myth helped to keep our sanity, and helped us develop our own way of thinking until we created the tools and procedures to help us understand interact with our surroundings (science). I mean maybe nowadays we could use less religion, but it's something that's been a part of our identity for all our existence. That's a hard thing to dispel.

Restoring my faith in online communities.

As I was trying to (poorly) articulate here,
Science and religion inform and compliment each other at the same time. I think this bitterness against one or the other comes from interactions or experiences with zealots of either side. In the end the two subjects aren't looking to contradict each other, they're just two different ways for people to approach and understand the unknown. Both have value in the world. Religion is a psychological and anthropological goldmine, while science gives us a proper understanding of our reality, giving us tools to better our species. Neither are seeking to "destroy" the other. It's when zealots get to thinking it's a competition that shit gets fucked up and Science and Religion become two sides of a battlefield that never existed in the first place.

>or

>fedora
You killed this meme long ago.

>refusing to look past the composition of a metaphor for a person with the personality of a small flaccid cock