Bone Broth I want to try this, advice on where to buy bones, and any prep tips

Bone Broth I want to try this, advice on where to buy bones, and any prep tips.
>Bone marrow contains long chain fatty acids that are vital for brain growth and development.
Vielen Dank
thekitchn.com/how-to-make-bone-broth-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-215311

Other urls found in this thread:

paleoleap.com/making-fresh-bone-stock/
realfoodtoronto.com/Grassfed-Beef-Broth.html
youtube.com/watch?v=gRdwdHOUlEs
youtube.com/watch?v=HiIx6FBxHvk
youtu.be/3-ZqD9-W1_8
chowhound.com/food-news/53997/whats-the-difference-between-stock-and-broth/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bone Stock How-to, recipes

paleoleap.com/making-fresh-bone-stock/

Is there a quick way to make this stuff?

>bone broth
Fuck off with this meme term. It's called stock

I've heard that it's good to throw in the leftover parts of vegetables in with the bones, like onion skins, potato eyes, the ends of carrots, that type of thing. Just make sure you wash them well.

Will look for these next time shopping.

see "Beef Marrow Bones"
I want to get beef Marrow specifically, not stock.

Wanna try this in my Ramen

Also seems like a great energy drink.
realfoodtoronto.com/Grassfed-Beef-Broth.html

>be at kroger and tell the butcher I want all the beef bones they have.
>fatass hipster style SJW woman with purple hair and tattoos smarms up and says, are you making bone broth?
>I say, no, just stock.
>her smile turns into a frown and she says, oh.
>situation becomes untenable, so I pull out my phone.
>thank god for cell phones

I mean wtf?

Oven first to caramelise, then pressure cooker

If you ever grew up in central or eastern europe, you'd be subsituting your mothers milk with chicken or beef bone broth soup. Thats how often and revered bone broth soup is here.

There's a lot of recipes out there that give bad information; you NEED to simmer it for about 48 hours in order to completely break down the bone if you're making it with beef. Even chicken/turkey takes at least 24 hours. Bone also has a bit of a weird texture to it, like chewing brittle sponge bits.

so I need a pressure cooker?

It stinks up entire apartment complexes whenever Indians move in and do it, prepare to be evicted.

No, you can simmer it in a pot, but it'll take 48 hours; or you can use a pressure cooker and it'll take less time (but I don't have a pressure cooker, so I couldn't tell you how long).

You can find them in any supermarket I guess, if you have a small butchery near your house, they can even give you the bones, if you a meat piece.

Yes. It really is the only reasonable way.

Get the bones chopped at the butcher and get an 8qt at least pressure cooker. A standalone can easily be that volume. A stovetop unit could be considerably larger.

I mean, you must realize how fucked up it is to babysit a few boiling gallons for two days, because indeed that is true, it can even take more. So get a pressure cooker.

And goddamn people add some alliums or herbs to this shit. What in the fuck.

Will try this.
No oven, not working.
I don't trust myself to leave a burner on for 48hrs.
Wait WTF, this is the only reason I only get curry when my land lady is away for the weekend.
Would they cut them in half ?
youtube.com/watch?v=gRdwdHOUlEs

pour some sriracha

INFOWARS STORE HAS ALL THE BONE BROTH YOU NEED LAD

i'm so tired of people saying their stock is the same as bone broth. anyone wanting to cook with "real" bone broth is a moron. bone broth made properly is not very tasty.

Why...

He... he , has... a fucking store?

Getting really fucking sick of seeing Turmeric in all the psuedoscience supplements.

Actually you don't have to cut them in half. I mean, you CAN, it's more classy and a bit more easy to eat but it's really not mandatory. Generally when they sell it in supermarket or butchery, the bones are already cut in small pieces.

For cooking I suggest :
-just in the oven. It's the easiest way. Once they are cooked enough, just put a few small chunks of sea salt on it, and with a spoon put the marrow on a good "crunchy" bread.
-You can boil them in a "pot-au-feu" (put them in the soup last, they just have to boil for like 30 minutes), some of the fat will melt in the soup and give a really good taste to the vegetables. And there will still be a lot of marrow in the bones.

youtube.com/watch?v=HiIx6FBxHvk

pressure cooke, but salt and onions, is amazing and is problably the most health food

>A fucking Vegan.
Lol.

His entire personality is an act to make people buy shit from the store.

Saved.
Yeah he looks so healthy.

THE BONE BROTH

>bone broth
You mean stock?

youtu.be/3-ZqD9-W1_8

Wow. She took an interest in you as a costumer? How - Dare - She?!?!

Um, won't be getting that, thought it would be like hot soup, not a cold protein shake.

Broth includes more meat than stock, which is typically mostly flavored by bones, which often are roasted. I have no dog in this marrow/bone fight, but that is the difference between the two words.

Made me laugh.

Annd ok I was wrong, thanks.

chowhound.com/food-news/53997/whats-the-difference-between-stock-and-broth/

>advice on where to buy bones

You retards are the reason things go up in price. Bones should be free from your local butcher if not you must be surrounded by some extremely dumb people to drive the price of leftover waste that is the byproduct of deboning up.

$8 for bones?

>Bones should be free from your local butcher
THANK YOU FOR THE ADVICE.

>bones should be free from your local butcher

you are kidding, right?

My butcher doesn't charge for bones.
He gives them away.

marrow bones are stock bones, you mong. all bones have marrow in them. stock is the liquid that you get from simmering said bones, usually with vegetables, or with some apple cider vinegar if you'\\re a fucking normie yuppie yoga faggot

Are you that much of a shut in, internet junkie that you needed your phone to get out of a simple, light hearted conversation?