I thought it was a meme

I thought it was a meme, but I read it, and not joking, it was mind-blowing.

Witty was just a stupid loser. The only thing that caused him to be famous is that there are enough people even more stupid to read and praise him.

You're right. Continental brainlets will never understand

You're right that the people who praise Wittgenstein are brainlets but the irony is that he was actually right about everything.

Im so glad we have this thread every couple days. Vibrant board culture, and not a death whinge I tell you!

Enjoy your ban!

>he was actually right about everything

Why should I believe what you're saying, brainlet ?

it's clearly a bot/shill testing its ability to influence board culture/preferences over time, through sheer repetition (which is a very effective technique on humans. After all, we're all aware of the thing, thinking about it, discussing it).

>he was actually right about everything.
Name one or two things (besides the, what you cant speak about remain silent, and : "wait.... why cant I eat this word: Apple..."

Owners of the publisher, rights, royalties of the book?

Masters/phd/philosophy teach highschool or freshmen college (thesis was on wittgenstein) tryna do his part to raise the potential attendance, zeitgeist

Or simply, "we have exhausted all the other usual authors and poets... stirner posting is at an all time low; how about we try some late witt (it was rare) for a few weeks while we restock and reorganize our calander planning: I am thinking about easing into some marx posting after this, maybe pair it with a nice Rand or two, maybe some of her more obscure works, see what the suits upstairs say about the numbers after that: then just throw on the Nietszhe full stop, pump it up to 11 as the spring rolls around and the testosterone starts floating back through the warm air"

Actually I'm just a homeless man who has seen the light.

If you think passion equates to shilling then you will never be saved or you didn't get it. If you didn't get it, you never will.

Don't believe me. Read it or miss out on the greatest book ever written. ;)

What is one average thing the average person thinks, that this book proves incorrect?

I know, gotta read it gotta read it gotta just read it you cant explain I know... but just try.... 1 poignant, profound point.

Name one or two things (besides the, what you cant speak about remain silent, and : "wait.... why cant I eat this word: Apple..."

The book doesn't prove anything incorrect.

It just allows you to realise the groundlessness of our beliefs whilst simultaneously making you realise it doesn't matter and therapeutically calms you into no longer asking philosophical questions.

Just read it, friend.

Wow, great. Just what so many earlier philosophers said already.

Just read it, friend...Take the Wittpill.

>It just allows you to realise the groundlessness of our beliefs

I believe there is a ground. Did he admit that regardless of our beliefs, there must be a ground (Objective Truth) even if we cannot know? The Noumena exists and is True, whether all humans were alive or dead, smart or dumb?

Can I read Witty without studying philosophy prior to him? I am just into language desu.

Lucky you. Wittgenstein didn't know anything about philosophy, and that's exactly why you need to be an ignorant as well in order to enjoy him.

Linguists appearently do not think highly of him

Doesn't matter, I just wanna see what his thoughts were. The whole thing seems like some sort of pragmatics to me.
No memes.

Wittgenstein isn't claiming there is an objective truth nor is he claiming that there isn't one.

He renders the use for such questions null.

Wittgenstein and all contemporary philosophy are memes.
Read Greeks.

That's because he invalidates their entire field like the bureaucrats they are lmao

Is, Certainty, possible?

Im not reading this shit now. What are the bounds for being certain? Easy to be certain about human made things, 2+2=4, I am certain I think therefore I am.

Lol, he thinks he can be certain of 2+2=4

Lmao

He can't into godels incompleteness theorem

Laughgirl.xml

It depends in what algebra you are talking. 2+2=1 in a module 3 algebra.

Every. Single. Time

Hacks hacking it up with the easy solution.

Why Witty man hates philosophy so much?

because he couldn't solve "it"

Can I get a quick rundown ??

How much pretending does this need or can you just dive into it

Im sure you are aware of this because you are an intelligent troll, but godels incompleteness theorem has nothing to do with 2+2=4... godels incompleteness theorem is "because infinite numbers exist, because we can keep adding 1, or multiplying by a gigillion to the giggilionth power, "math will forever be incomplete" because there are "infinite" "equations" that will never be known, or able to be proven".

Of course 2+2=4, that is the most certain thing. Define 2 = 2.
Define 1 = 1 and 1,
define 1 and 1 = 2.
define 4 as 1 and 1 and 1 and 1,
define 4 as 2 and 2.
No room for error or uncertainty or incompleteness baby

>Lol, he thinks he can be certain of 2+2=4

Oh shit...

*all buildings crumble*

module 2958325892389 algebra (a little something I am working on) says it doesnt, so looks like we are at a bit of an in passy

WHAT DID HE CONCLUDE WE COULD BE CERTAIN ABOUT, WHAT DID HE CONCLUDE WE COULD NOT BE CERTAIN ABOUT YOU ASSHOLIC SCUMBUGS

Witty is cool and all, but what does Veeky Forums think of G. H. von Wright?

You can see autism in Big Wit's face.

>Can't into umlauts
Why would you even attempt discussing Gödel lmao

>Germanic culture
>Jewish genes
This mix really produces loads of autistic geniuses

How can anybody take this book seriously?