How many hours a week do you study, sci? I'm starting physics this year and am wondering if 15-25 hours is a good range...

How many hours a week do you study, sci? I'm starting physics this year and am wondering if 15-25 hours is a good range? Study meaning solo studying not tutorials and lectures etc.

I never don't study.
Every breath is an opportunity to pick up new data and formulate new ideas.

Keep up the good work Jamal.

I got told that 60 hours a week including lectures is a good time. So if you have 40 hours of lectures you study 20 hours.

Study enough so that you know the course material.
After that, play some games or pick up a math book.

I do 40 hours a week personal study + formal study and don't do anything on weekends during normal time

then i do 60 hours a week in the run up to and during exams

if you do this consistently and focus you'll do very well

Last time I studied was 6 years ago, went for 16 hours a day for two weeks
I felt good at first, discovering how I can do shit like a proper autist, but after acing those exams I never made it back to studying, I failed 2 colleges since and I'm in the process of failing the third one

someone help me ;_;

You should spend as much time as you think you need. I usually spend 15-20. Some weeks, the concepts are easier for me or there's less work to be done so I don't spend as long on those topics.

16 hours every day, including weekends and holidays and lectures
1st semester grad in pure math-geometry programme
scholarship is worth it

80?

not really 80 any more i guess. when i was in undergrad i would study basically from the moment i woke up until the moment i was sleeping. if i wasn't reading a textbook i was working problems. if i couldn't sit down to study i would make up problems or proofs in my head. i also dream about my work. you could say anywhere from 20 if you wanted to include just reading to 100+ if i were to count all the time i spent trying to manipulate the material in my head.

are you autistic

How do I become this

Is it possible to forget about shit that distracts you (Veeky Forums, video games)

>study
lmao

you become delusional

get some vaccinations and develop the auts.

why does he look so smug, what did he just do

you have to go through a rough transition period, delete all your games, say you are underage and get banned then do nothing but study or tend to bodily functions, in time your brain will find ways to make things interesting and hold your interest

Brainlet: as much as you can
The phenotype: 0

Two hours per each credit hour I'm taking is what I've been doing. I think the accepted answer is three. Also, study incrementally--on break at work, between classes, lunch, etc. And take breaks too.

Example: I play OSRS while I study. I do farming runs every 80 mins and cballs while I'm reading/crunching numbers. I do this for maybe 3 hours a night depending on the material, then I'm done and have me time.

childhood ocd, a gigantic ego, putting my development ahead of anything else in life. i'm lucky in life and grateful for all of it. this guy covers the pragmatics exactly.

you do become delusional by putting yourself through that sort of rigor. it took me a long time to readjust to reality. i had to cut out most of my social connection, lost a gf of 2+ years, stopped running, gained weight, became perfectionistic and rude...all worth it though if you can manage to come back to reality. i recommend a gf and religion that's what got me squared into reality.

i should say you don't get another chance to become obsessed with something. undergrad is it. after that you have to work to support yourself.

>say you are underage and get banned
Easier said than done

My daily schedule as a grad student:
Wake up around 10am
Make it to school around noon
Work in my office until department teatime around 3:30pm
Laze around till 4-5pm
Work a little more, and get dinner
Half the time work until 12-3am,
Half the time work until 9-10pm, go home, and get wasted
Repeat

Courses and conferences get spread in there too.

>conferences
Seminars, I meant to say.

do you live with roommates?

Hell no.

maybe i should have said housemates? lol sounds just like my days though. i'm going to have to get up at 7 to teach this semester.

Here are some other thoughts for undergrads.

As an undergrad, you should really work as hard as you can. I did great in my undergrad classes, but I never really learned anything outside of them, and I really regret this now that I'm a few years into grad school. Basically, this is your chance to learn whatever you want. There's no obligation to learn only things that are useful for your research, so you can learn whatever useless things you think are interesting.

I live in a single apartment. Rent is cheap enough and funding is good enough that I don't understand why some people get housemates.
I've always been lucky with my teaching assignments, I'd probably be fired for incompetence if they had me teaching in the morning.

This If you have the phenotype, you can instantly absorb new information within your skull

Just got done spending 6 hours on linear algebra today. Only 1 on homework, but now I know three chapters like the back of my hand. Study a lot, and since you're in physics like me, you should enjoy learning