twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Unironically saying EVOO

>you wanna cook the pasta
>AL
>DEN
>TAY

>what that means is to the tooth in italian
>just needs to have a LITTLE bite to it

95% of cooking shows have this stupid ass "helpful tip" during the pasta special and then proceed to ignore steps that are much more important and "helpful"

you mean like 10g salt per L of water when cooking pasta?

Iron Chef when they list an ingredient I don't eat. The name of episode is always Chef1 vs. Chef2. Then Alton Brown talking about the Emperor Asian dude, then they unveil "muh seceret ingridiant" and it's something that doesn't interest me, which is the shows theme.

Now I've watched 5 minutes of shit for nothing.

I've seen cooking show hosts use a weak little pinch of salt for an entire 16 quart pot of water, it's infuriating for some reason

What happens to all the food? Who gets to eat it?

Not to mention al dente is fucking disgusting

its because they tell you
>salt the water
and then use a pinch to imply that they already have salted the water or to represent the action of salting the water.

its usually thrown out if the producer is a dick

I am pretty sure the phrase is supposed to be a stand in for "to your preference"
but TV chefs imply that al dente means
>hey I like chewing on rubber bands, that is how pasta should be cooked and you should like it like that too

How much salt do you think pasta water needs? And I'd rather have something with texture than mushy pasta for geriatrics and hospital patients. You're just being contrarian.

>How much salt do you think pasta water needs?
10g/L
>I'd rather have something with texture than mushy pasta for geriatrics and hospital patients. You're just being contrarian.
I cook mine just past al dente, not mush

During my apprenticeship I got told by my Italian co-worker that, while the pasta should be cooked al dente, it shouldn't be served that way but it should finish cooking "in sugo" in the sauce.

Cooking show itself. Can't handle them.

Italianfag confirms this. Though not every pasta recipe can be sauteed in the sauce, if you make pasta al pesto for example you would ruin it.

>How much salt do you think pasta water needs?
Until the salt you're pouring in stops dissolving or the water gets cloudy enough that you can no longer see the bottom of the pot.

>Metal utensils in teflon pan

>now you add a spoon of oil
*adds 3

kek

This sounds familiar, saw it on a cooking show by legit italian chef.

I thought this post was a joke at first.

No it's the real deal. I use this technique while swiping my hard drive with a magnet.

"less is more"

That would only trigger me if I could hear scraping.

The Italians say it should taste like seawater. has it right, but I usually don't measure. I just throw a tablespoon of salt in the water, or until it gets, again, like seawater.

well I got the 10g/L figure from a nonno so I think its probably right

Two shots of vodka as opposed to two Russian shots

>caramelize your onions
>takes about 10 minutes
Takes about 30 minutes to properly caramelize onions.

>mom bought me new non-stick pan for Christmas after I moved out last year
>not even a month in, my roommate scraped it TO THE METAL with a fork to get some leftovers out even though I left a fucking plastic spoon inside the pan so his toked up ass wouldn't scratch it

>putting corn starch in stir fry

This is correct but something which I thought almost everyone who knew how to cook knew about. Every time I mention it to people it blows their mind though.

>Just a little bit of olive oil
>Proceeds to dump 4 table spoons and then drips and covers even more

DID SOMEONE JUST TURN OFF THE COOKING SHOW, WELL I'M COMING TO TAKE YOU TO FLAVORTOWN

>it's so _____ but the _____ works against that

Does anyone remember Barefoot Contessa, that shit was the epitome of sterotypical white people food

I hate this bitch so much

This. Jamie Oliver does that a lot

>let the knife do the work

Salting your pasta water does fuck all

you can tell a deference. i have to throw salt on my spaghetti if i forget to salt the water.

What does that stand for again? I forgot during the last commercial break.

That's impossible for flyovers who have knives duller than most axes.

>Next, we're going to use this store-bought cake mix

Couldn't you just skip to the reveal?

>I am fucking retarded

hahahahahahahahahahahahaa

When the host DOESN'T compare me to some random celebrity when it comes to a cooking technique that rhymes with their name.

>salt pasta for years
>one day stop doing so
>notice literally no difference
That was the day I stopped wasting my salt

when they mention the freshness of food from farmers markets. it's not any fresher than supermarket stuff. they both come from the same trucks and produce companies.

your farmer's market is trash m8

t. smelly farmer

>"the pasta sticks to the wall when its done"

nigger, it sticks to the wall even when its only half cooked fuck off with your cooking voodoo bullshittery jesus man

plebeian detected

like jamie oliver you mean?

>"now we add 2-3 teaspoons of good olive oil to enhance the product"
>proceed to pour half the bottle of olive oil over a dish that DEFINATELY does not benefit from it
>"its so healthy"

jamie oliver in general

I'm Italian and mamma mia fucking kill yourself

SOMEBODY ONCE TOLD ME

the word "yummy"

Nigga you dumb. Salting the water is the first chance you have to season your final product and it makes seasoning the final dish easier so you don't have reduce your sauce AND season it when you combine.

>"This will only take you 10 minutes to make, it's fast, easy and delicious"
>Said thing actually takes about 2 hours when counting in all the chopping, not doing it perfectly for the first time, transfering things to bowls, throwing away waste, washing hands, waiting for water to boil etc.

>didn't post a link to the playlist
Here you go senpai

youtube.com/watch?v=0OfsHVXXz8w&list=PLE_W7kJdBFJrfExt__f-nJWjJ5TFvdoVO

Marco Pierre White is fucking notorious for that shit.

Should've threw the fucking pan on his bed telling him that it's his now and keep your new pan hidden somewhere.

This. "Proffesional bakers" in recipes and baking shows using store cake/brownie mixes is unforgivable

If it's been made for American audiences.

First and foremost, that blabbering loud mouthed cunt is a FAILED professional soccer player, so remove that eagle. Moreover, he is guilty of culinary cultural appropriation in the worst way.

youtube.com/watch?v=iM_KMYulI_s

FYI he still lives in the UK and is a remoaner.

Fucking kek
>Americans schooled at thier own dish
I always see burger threads by Americans and just cringe.

I have the same sambas however i have never stomped them down on a antifa tranny.
Shame.

Is there a guy getting his dick sucked by a fish in the third panel

So the americans have battle royal in which the winner cooks the losers?

>schooled
That burger is wrong on so many levels, not to mention it's one of those STACK IT HIGH! abominations.

>I always see burger threads by Americans and just cringe.
Again this.

Story on WebM?

I'm in a good mood so if i can embed a youtube link i will. But Basically
>some drunk antifa tranny harrasses a group of males, mostly whites
>it goes on and on
>based nigger gets pissed off
>based nigger knocks antifa tranny out and stamps on head with based german trainer/sneaker
Give me a few minuites user.

youtube.com/watch?v=UMrgemFGEQg
For you.

Sadly the Food Network rarely has cooking shows on anymore. Its all stupid game show bullshit. I hate it. DDD is good though. And so is that redheaded miswestern lady, but she is usually only on during the day when I'm at work.

Thank you big guy