Whats the best book youve ever read?

Whats the best book youve ever read?

uleesses

Redpill me on this, Veeky Forums.

Never heard of this "Bogdanov" person before...

Can somebody give me a quick rundown?

My Diary desu

Mein Kampf

This book literally changed my life

I really hope you're trolling.

The Death of Virgil By Broch. Nothing I've ever read reaches it. The most complete thing I've ever read.

what's this book even about? Why is it mocked so much?

1. Because Sam Harris is a literal joke. His books on morality and free will are laughably so far removed from any real debate on those subjects conducted by actual philosophers.

2. Because it's a book that especially sucks in people who were raised in Christian households (or similar) but don't believe anymore and still want a way to feel "spiritual." It's hard to take seriously in the same way that every white Buddhist is hard to take seriously. Because what they're really saying with their Buddhism is that they hate their parents. Every time new age white people adopt eastern spirituality, they inevitably find a way to pervert it and make it about them. Just look at how mad all those white Buddhists got when the Dalai Lama said that homosexuality was sexual misconduct in Buddhism. They got mad because they don't like rules and they don't give a shit about Buddhism. They just like jerking off their own ego. Waking Up is the ultimate in mental masturbation.

3. Atheists who still believe spirituality to be so important to life are basically saying that they're full of shit whether they like it or not.

>either blindly follow religious dogmas or submit to my own radical edgy standard of atheistic worldview
>otherwise you're a dum white person
Harris is a hack, but you're beyond any help.

I'm not an atheist. I just find all Harris' love of eastern spirituality to undermine any attacks he makes on other religions, regardless of how much he insists it's different.

unironically this

Kudos for at least trying to explain why you hate it, but you've done such an awful job at expressing yourself that it'd be better if you stopped responding. How can you not feel shame and disgust when you write complete nonsense of a critique when its obvious you haven't read or heard the source material?

Fifty Shades of Grey

Read that as La Penis de Desu

Iliad

Don Quixote, hands down.

I feel pretty good about it. You can continue sucking Harris' dick, though. That's your business.

dune