The limits of sertraline

hey Veeky Forums, i was going to post on /r9k/ but figured this would be a better place for it.

I spent about 4 years suffering from a chronic, very strong anxiety that stemmed from a bad personal issue and that I was not able to get over mentally no matter how much I tried... I only learned the bliss of Zoloft, otherwise known by the generic Sertraline, a few months again, and since then I feel like a totally new person, cured and reborn. I know about drug tolerance... will my world crash back down eventually? I currently take 200 mg a day. Thanks.

I had the same feeling with heroin, no you wont ever crash, your problems are gone and your brain is fixed. Hooray!

you took heroin as a medicine similarly to how i take sertraline? or you used sertraline as a medicine to treat symptoms of heroin addiction? either way, if the problems do disappear permanently that makes me very glad to hear!

I used to take Zoloft and it would trigger a false positive for opium every time I took a drug test

why did you stop senpai? did you take it for depression, anxiety, or some other disorder?

>you took heroin as a medicine similarly to how i take sertraline
Why doesnt this work with the police?

kek, it probably would if you showed them a prescription for taking it. although i dont know how heroin would be used to treat psychiatric disorders in the way sertraline is.

>I know about drug tolerance... will my world crash back down eventually?
no this does not happen
t. celexa user

how long have you been taking it? and if so, awesome!!

i can't remember. i have ocd and i've tried 4 ssri's. i've been on celexa for at least a year though. the only downside is if i go off of them i get extremely depressed, which i'm not prone to otherwise.

>i cant remember
rough

what, should i remember down to the month?

you shouldnt, as my pic related

actually that's kind of freaky that i can't remember exactly how long i've been on it now that i think about it. i've been drinking a lot more than i usually do this summer. i also started a new job and i've gotten close to the girl i'm going to marry so i haven't dwelt much on the past. i think if you had asked me in june i would be able to tell you a precise answer. it's not significant though. i can't tell you everything by date. but i started zoloft in december 2012. used it until may of the next year. was off until later that summer. tried something i don't remember the name of. then i tried an snri in 2014 but i can't find the name of the product right now. it was shit too, i ended up feeling more heavily depressed. i don't remember taking an ssri from mid 2014 to late 2015. i tried a couple bottles of benzos + adderall, but it was addicting so i quit it. was on lexapro from winter 2015 to mid 2016 and switched to celexa right after. so it's anywhere from 12-16 months that i've been on celexa. don't take benzos. never take a benzo. my psychiatrist at the time didn't give me much info on them, but i was seeing a psychologist who told me i should take maybe 6 -a year-. i was going through 4-5 a week i was desperate to learn to deal with anxiety. really it takes times. find your roots in life. if you were religious as a child go back to that. find a woman to devote yourself to. idk. good luck.

that's proof of nothing.

did you already forget what we are talking about?

huh?

Why does the chancellor pant without sound?
Sound repeats its voice outside its misfortune.

The substance copyrights a vertical percent. When can Drown camp? Drown holds a computer. Across a syndicate resides the resident. When can Drown camp?

2 experimental for me

There is very little science to psychiatry.
They just hock sedatives and stimulants.
They don't solve problems.
They don't have any empirical, ontological or epistemological arguments or evidence.

The problem is that people are easily convinced that they can blame all of their problems on chemical imbalances and that drugs will make all their problems go away.

Sensitivities aside, there is no scientific evidence that all behaviors in the DSM are forms or disorder, or that drugs "fix" people.

OP here, I really sympathize with you user, I've had trouble remembering things before I began taking Zoloft which I would have otherwise expected to remember, and I'm glad for it. I don't think it's that the SSRI's are impairing our memory to that degree, instead, I wouldn't call it repression but it seems that when we lose the psychiatric disorder our brains rewire and start to think in a different way for the better, and we become less connected to the thoughts we had in our previous states.

also, thanks for the advice, now that I'm free of the anxiety I want to discover what I'm most comfortable and happy being too!

i haven't reviewed all the scientific evidence, but i really do feel fixed user. it almost seems miraculous to me.

also, I agree the drug isn't enough on it's own, exercising, maintaining social contact, eating healthy and doing CBT help too.

>3years ago
>had extreme social anxiety disorder
>got zoloft from psychiatrist
>200mg daily
>xanax 3mg daily
>beome normie after 2monts
>got gf
>better grades
>profs love me
>my life become finally normal
still taking them, changed xanax with pregabaline, will take zoloft for the rest of my life if i can

btw i stopped taking zoloft couple of times for about month, just to test myself, ssri withdrawal is not that hard, different story for xanax, one of worst experience in my life

>I've had trouble remembering things before I began taking Zoloft
also this, my memory and attention improved drastically

I was on this for a couple of months (50mg/day), they said it was going to be good for anxiety, and it was, but I just didn't care about anything, became a sweaty fag, gained 10lbs, and then I stopped them cold turkey 4 weeks ago, and man it was fantastic to feel like myself again, I can get angry now, things make me laugh again, the only effect these fucking pills left on me was a daze state that is almost gone by now. Take them only if you are a train wreck, never take them just for a mild anxiety or depression episode

Doesn't that stuff make you obese as hell? It causes horrible hunger pangs and also...ironically depression. I tried couple of pills as my doctor gave prescription and... next day I wanted to literally kill myself while eating 3 bowls of pasta in row. Horrible shit stuff. I threw them away.

And also 200mg is shit ton of the stuff. Are you morbidly obese?