The apartment I live in only has an electric stove and it sucks and all the burners are tilted on an angle so the food...

The apartment I live in only has an electric stove and it sucks and all the burners are tilted on an angle so the food cooks unevenly.

Is there a way I can get gas or propane stove in my apartment with very little hassle?

Other urls found in this thread:

seriouseats.com/2016/09/how-to-season-cast-iron-pans-skillets-cookware.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Faggot

what?

You can get gas countertop ranges.

how much are they and where do I get the gas from?

are they just as good as normal gas ranges?

Hell if I know, I googled "gas portable range" mostly to see if they existed. They appear to be about 20 dollarydoos for a cheap single burner one. The rest is up to you.

You can find them at just about any store that sells camping equipment. Standalone stuff like that typically counts as a type of grill and be considered a fire hazard, so look into housing codes in your area.

I use cast iron on my electric burners and the weight of it tends to help ensure a level surface. So that is something to consider.

can I use them in my house?

how do I season cast iron properly?
how often do you reseason?

Are you me OP?

When the element coils are cold, pull them out, remove the tripod bracket thing under them and put the elements back in. If they're not fairly level, gently bend them until they sit flat by themselves, then replace the trivet things. A lot of times they just get warped through use. Sometimes when people replace those reflective dishes under the burners they use a universal size that doesn't quite fit. You can get the correct ones, or just mess around with them with metal shims or cutting slits in them for the trivets so everything lays flat. I dunno, just take a look and see what's dopey about it and try to fix it.

Don't use a camp stove indoors you retards, you'll literally kill yourselves.

Yep, carbon dioxide builds up if you use them indoors

Chinese people use these gas stoves indoors for hot pot all the time.

Short of gas, wouldn't induction be a step up?

If you're talking about a natural gas burning camp stove then it's no different than having a normal gas stove in your home.

If it burns liquid fuel, charcoal, or something like that then it is a safety risk.

>>dioxide
It's monoxide that's the risk from burning charcoal indoors, foolio.

While gas stoves are indeed better than electric, you don't need to replace your whole stove to fix that problem.

Tilted electric "hobs" are caused by the thin metal drip pan underneath them being bent or otherwise damaged. Just get new ones and your problem is solved. Just like said, make sure you get the correct ones for your brand/model of range.

Oh, and don't buy the cheapo ones either. They are very thin metal and will bend slightly every time you put a heavy pot/pan on them. Get ones that feel thick and heavy.

seriouseats.com/2016/09/how-to-season-cast-iron-pans-skillets-cookware.html

Hope this helps OP.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. Alot of fire codes in my area say that types of grills can't be within 10ft of their apartment buildings.

Move

Put a thin layer of oil on it.
Don't be a shithead 'artisan' and do all useless movements and rituals as if you're sacrificing to beelzebub. It's literally just wipe it down with a thin layer of oil (spray can oil works good) to protect your shit from rusting.

Also don't scrub the fucking pan after you've used it. Just wash it down with water and wipe it clean with a cloth. This goes for every single non-stick pan you have as well.
And for you fucking clean/neat freaks it's fucking food oils that's stuck to your pan. The heat kills any fucking bacteria on the surface so literally the only reason you have to 'scrub all the grease off the pan until it's squeaky clean' is because you're autistic.

>where do I get the gas from?
That's the easy part, you just cook a lot of beans and then eat them. Only problem is filling out the tax forms for running your own gas delivery service in your apartment.

People in China also have shit codes and regulations which allow people to burn down their houses and die in escalators.

I have the same thing

Stop making excuses and learn how to cook