Beer thread?

What's your favourite beer, Veeky Forums?

Haven't tried the blonde, but the rest are yummy

Flens and Jever are my favourite Pilsener.

I find the price hard to justify but it's damm fine beer.

Astra Rotlicht, then von Raven, then Flens Hell, then 5.0

This is one of them. Just one sip showed me the importance of balance in making good beer.

>Astra Rotlicht
I love it.

I bought a 4 pack of the original when they first came out. Drain poured after the first couple of sips.

My favorite beer

Shit

ahm scottish and even i think they're shite

Mine too, luckily it's only an hour drive to where I usually get it from, since they don't sell it here.

in the u.s. they taste even worse because of the clear bottles, skunks really quick being shipped over. would probably taste better in a can.

I asked for this semi-accidentally in my local pub without realising it was gluten free last weekend.

I don't even need to say it was good 'for a gluten-free beer' - it was just really crisp, honeyed and malty without being too heavy. So that'll be my go-to beer this summer.

Ordinarily though I'm a sucker for Curious Brew, Innis and Gunn Original or Leffe

Forgot image

I live in northern Germany, so those two are pretty much the standard beers around here. Beck's more than Flens but I'm not a fan of Beck's.

Something from Hill Farmstead. I really liked the Susan but they're all really good.

Main reason is because of price. It's great for the price. Expensive shit tastes like crap. I would even pay more for something I tasted good but just feel for as common as this shit is it's easy to get a hold of and tastes decent.

Sol is a second runner up but I can only find it at ONE Food Depot location and nowhere else. Corona is too meme for my taste (no pun intended) and not as good as people make it out to be. If it was as cheap as Bud Ice was I suppose I'd switch.

>Corona is too meme
Why are you so fucking stupid?
Is it hereditary?

>Why are you so fucking stupid?
>Is it hereditary?

Damn mane. Chill out. I was kidding, I love Corona. Going to switch to Corona from now on and nothing else. Calm down please...fuck

>favourite
Farne Isle Ale
>best lager
Either Stiegl from Austria or Ganther from Freiburg Im Breisgau
>Best stout
Beamish
>best you can find in a supermarket near me
Either cans of Punk IPA or 5L kegs of Adnams ghost ship

This motherfucker was good as hell, any of you guys tried it?

Never had Beck's. Any other German beers worth checking out? I think Radeberger en Kölsch are quite good too.

moin

König Pilsener is ok. Many people like bavarian beers but I'm not a fan of those.

Moin! Woher kommste?

varel hier, bin grade in oldenburg. selbst?

Ich bin selbst Oldenburger. Mach mich in ein paar Minuten aber auf den Weg zur Breminale, n paar Bier trinken. OL's find ich auch richtig lecker: Geh gleich unbedingt mal ins Brauhaus, heute müsste Pitcher-Tag sein und gönn dir ein Lager und/oder ein Pale Ale. Gehören zu meinen Lieblingsbieren.

Das Brauhaus ist am Hafen in der Seitenstraße neben der Umbaubar, falls du dort noch nie warst. Lohnt sich total.

yeah, breminale! da werd ich auch mal vorbeischauen die tage.

Moinsen

Flens god tier

Astra is good

Freistädter is fine for austrian beer

Never ask for Beck's in Hamburg

I fucking love a good scotch ale in Fall though. Gubna from oskar blues or dirty bastard/backwoods bastard from Founders

forgot text, was wondering if that thing exists outside of germany. Anyway, opinions if you know it?

Mephistopheles is really good. If you ever see Tweak from the same line HOLY SHIT GET IT.

So the other day I got pic related for 11.99 for the four pack. The store I went to had it set up on their system as the 90 minute four packs or something like that. Cashier realized what was up as my friend and I were checking out. Guy lost like 30 bucks on us.

Pilsner for dinner!

I'm not a huge fan of IPAs, but when I drink them, I drink this.

Best beer coming through, not even a contest.

You can easily replace the bottles in six packs of 90 minute IPAs with that stuff in the store and get away with it. I've done it several times. The 120 minute is a rather disgusting beer though, only good for getting drunk.

Shockingly smooth this year.

My cheap go to bier

my special go to beer

This one was strange, more of and radler than beer really. Pretty tasty though!

Looks good

>Ottakringer is considered a good beer now
The times they are a-changing.

It was, almost to the point of not being beer though.

Had this one next, pretty ok for an macro lager.

Good shit

An der Hauptstraße gibt es einen sehr guten Bierladen namens "Beer Supreme", den du mal aufsuchen solltest.

Astra Urtyp isn't that good, though.

>Expensive shit tastes like crap
If this was a whiskey thread you'd be that idiot who bought into the Johnny Walker Blue marketing scheme because you thought it seemed fancy and classy.

I'm 99% guaranteed you bought a shitty Bud-Miller-Coors product which was advertised as high-end, and you're now judging all pricey beers by that measure.

Great any time beer.

>Trying to lose weight
>Cant drink 4 double IPAs in a night anymore

It hurts lads
I fucking hate liqour

Are there any good light beers?

I had this whilst I was living in Freiburg. Now that I'm living in the USA again I'm really missing it. I wish they would export it, because I could really see it going big in the international market

Try exercising or eating less calories while still consuming the same amount of beer.

We need this in San Diego.

I sold my car when I was 17 and bought a few hundred dollars worth of beer. I Avery as often as I possibly could. Ended up that I don't drink anymore but I remember some Avery brews that tasted great. I think they were doubles and triples I remember the best.

I do both of those already.

But 4 DIPAs is easily like, 1k calories if theres 250 cals in each.

That's a lot of extra empty calories.

The chocolate stout is my old go to. I loved that taste.

Mint flavored beer? Sounds refreshing. I bet that tasted really nice.

It's not really mint flavored, but it is very . . . herb-y. I don't really know how to describe it, but it was seriously the best beer I've ever had

this

These threads make me really sad. Not because I'm being judgmental or because I'm an alcoholic (I am, but it's under control). It's just seeing all these varied beer labels makes me really miss hanging out with friends and family in gatherings with alcohol. I just associate drinking and sharing new beers with these people that I don't get to spend time with anymore.

I want to sit out on the patio and drink and jabber until the early morning, goddammit. I don't smoke but I want to smell the cigarettes, hear the gravely smokers' chatter. I want to see the stray cats they fed running around being dipshits.

Beer makes me yearn for people to share beer with.

>Trying to lose weight
Köstritzer has a "light" low calories beer that is decent in taste. Not great, but good.

Pic related is my favorite consistently available beer locally, arguably my favorite brewery too.

>he fell for the dogfish head meme
90 minute is decent at least but 120 minute is gross and overpriced

session pale ales and IPAs can be good if you search hard enough. Founders All Day IPA comes to mind. Lots of summery beers will be pretty flavorful while having low calories and ABV as well. Lots of Kolsch-style beers are like that. If you get Summit where you are (idk how wide their distribution is anymore) Summer Ale is a good one

strong agree, love everything Castle Danger puts out. Been drinking a lot of 17-7 lately

Don't drink it fresh you retards. This becomes a completely different beer after 6 months or so. Buy it and store it somewhere slightly cool. I fucking hated it fresh but once I drank one that was ~1 year old I was in love.

Same, shit is fucking cheap despite being so malty. Almost makes it worth being in Canuckistan.
Nigger just watch your calories and exercise and you can still have your 4 IPAs, you just gotta give something up or work harder to burn them off.

EMPTY
FUCKING
CALORIES

What do you not understand? You can't be fit and drink 1k calories of beer every night. Are you fucking dense? I eat 1,700 cals a day. I'm supposed to give up over 50% of my daily caloric intake on beer? You fucking dumbass.

stop drinking so much fucking beer then
either accept that you have to cut down or stay a fat fuck, just fucking deal with it

lmao fuck off kid

>What do you not understand?
It doesn't matter if the calories are "empty" if you get proper nutrition from the rest of your diet.

>>I'm supposed to give up over 50% of my daily caloric intake on beer?
It's certainly not my preference but it is entirely possible.

Another option is to get more exercise so that you can consume more calories without affecting your weight loss.

>hurr I have no willpower and have to complain about my problems to strangers online
enjoy your ill health, I don't care

I literally just fucking asked for some decent low cal beers if anyone knew any. What are you so upset?

It's pretty hard to get PROPER nutrition from 700 calories.

Not really. If he's drinking craft beers then he's already getting his carbs and probably a significant amount of nutrition as well. Use those 700 cals for protein and fats and you're set. And of course you can get a lot of nutrients from very low-cal foods such as vegetables.

It's doable, it just takes a little research & planning.

>all these pilsners
pic related, what do you guys think of this great beer

Very bad. Way too watery.

Retard.

lol.cretin.

I always wonder if this is considered piss in europe. I really like the skunky taste though and I can drink a shitload of them so thats nice

at the moment it's not my favorite but I buy it because the store near me doesn't have anything better. so i've bought a six pack of this almost every night for the last month...it's so non-offensive/boring tasting but clean and crisp at the same time out of a cold fridge.

Got a 6 of this today, they're sour as fuck but I like em

Forgot picture of course

try grolsch

Blue is good though. Overpriced, but good.

Very easy to drink.

it's considered piss in america