The logical contradiction of homosexuality being a choice

Why does everyone say that homosexuality is a choice ?
Most of the scientific research backing it is just shitty correlation based social science studies which dont even try to give any explanation, on the other hand most hard science studies which work on brain developmental models seem to provide very little dataset proof. Only a few studies have been able to provide a good proof through data but those solely work on one the basis of factor by factor homosexuality (that is it only explains homosexuality in particular cases and scenarios like there being younger brothers and doesn't explain it as a whole).

Personally I think it's quite obvious that a person being homosexual is something in their brain (which might be too complex for us to detect yet) being different from a heterosexual person.

Now let's assume that homosexuality IS in fact a choice. This statement assumes that everyone's brains have an inherent sameness or likeness which allows people to make the 'choice' otherwise the starting point of the assumption itself will be wrong and the whole reason they make this statement which is to state that just because some people are different it doesn't mean that they are inferior (hence saying that gay and straight should be treated equally in society ) .

Therefore I as a person is bound to have the same common factors as everyone else. YET I as a straight male can't even think about another male with sexual preference in question, nor have I been ever able to. I as a person was never given the choice of choosing men over women nor did my parents ever force me to choose women. Can anyone point out at which point of a persons life do they decide if they wanna be a homo or heterosexual ? In fact just like all little boys we all made fun of that one boy who was close to a girl as having a girlfriend.

(1/2)

>In fact just like all little boys we all
I'm a little girl.

Post kneecaps and be my scifu

Homosexuals are just men who like to abuse cock as much as they like to abuse drugs.

Now the very obvious answer to why I am a heterosexual would be - ' not everybody is the same, you being a straight male doesn't mean everybody male is straight'.

So did you find anything wrong with that statement ?

It's a logical contradiction. The basis of the assumption that all people have a choice is that everybody has the same starting configuration which allows us to make 'the choice' in the first place. Now I being a part of everybody would also need to have the same ability to make the choice for this theory to be right. Right ?

'But you are probably different from everybody else user'

And so is everybody. Everybody is a separate person from everyone else. Which leads to the conclusion that people are homo or heterosexual because of differences in their brain or development. Either way it isn't a concious choice. Even if it is a subliminal unconcious choice it ends up ultimately affecting concious thought instead of it being the other way around.

Logically people contradict themselves when they say that homosexuality is choice. It just doesn't make any sense .

Now before all of you guys start crying about how I hate gay people and this is the reason I think homosexuality is not a choice - to find a reason to hate them because they are different, I am NOT a homophobe. One of my best friend is gay. People know this yet I was called a homophobe today for suggesting logic.

What is your opinion ? Can you justify homosexuality being a choice using any logic ? I am curious to know.

t. Person who was called a homophobe during a conference for suggesting that homosexuality is not by choice

But abusing cock has to be fun in the first place for this to be true. Again if everyone had the same starting configuration everybody would like abusing cock which points me back to my original statement. In fact this is a great analogy, it is a known fact that alcohol and drug addiction is different for everybody because different brains react differently to these substances. The same reason some people like cock and some don't, their basic means of acknowledging reality is different because of differences in their brains ; therefore it is NOT a choice.

>Why does everyone say that homosexuality is a choice ?
I usually hear the opposite from LGBTQs and their allies.
>t. Person who was called a homophobe during a conference for suggesting that homosexuality is not by choice
The only way I can see that happening is if you were suggesting the question of homosexuality being or not being a choice is relevant in determining whether society should accept it.

>freedom means maximum personal freedom of choice for all individuals regardless of consequences
Totally degenerate and stupid way of thinking

how can you know if you havent even tried it?

then, if it's not a choice, it will never happen again, probably

>The only way I can see that happening is if you were suggesting the question of homosexuality being or not being a choice is relevant in determining whether society should accept it.

NOPE. We were having a heated debate and somehow the topic of 3rd world countries fucking over gay people came about. Now these idiots starting saying that homosexuality is just a choice. I just sat there completely silent because these were people I respected, people who I thought were intellegent and well spoken, not some random retarded sjw so I was stunned at their lack of logic. I thought that maybe I had heard something wrong, maybe there's a communication error but I was unfortunately wrong. The speaker basically noticed that I'm not speaking and literally pointed at me and asked me if I think that homosexuality is a choice or not. On saying no there were audible groans across the whole room. It was fucking humiliating. 5 people literally stood up and started waving their hands around as if I had just suggested that slavery should be brought back.

I then went around asking my friends if homosexuality is a choice or not and literally all of them said it is in fact a choice.

I just feel like there is something I am unable to see, even for the purpose of protesting for the rights of gay people isn't it beneficial to say that gay people can't control being gay ?

Like doesn't saying that homosexuality is a choice enable all those 'gay fixing' churches and camps ? Because surely if its a choice little Billy can choose to not be gay. It just seems self destructive and counter intuitive.

Either way I lost a lot of respect and this made me question if my assumption was right in the first place

It's unfortunate that people are so retarded when it comes to this stuff. Homosexuality isn't something that's inherently genetic (that is to say, there are probably genetic combinations that would lead people to have a higher chance of acting/feeling gay), and it IS a choice. Liberals and LGBT types like to push that it isn't a choice, because then that allows them to absolve themselves of any responsibility, and thus pass legislation ("it's not their fault they're gay, it's just who they are, stop oppressing them!").

The whole situation is pretty disgusting.

>liberalism is a totally degenerate and stupid way of thinking
It served us well for 300 or so years.

While I agree certain choices may lead to differing environmental factors which may lead to someone being homosexual but this is far from saying that someone made a concious choice to be gay. It's like saying that a person chose to fall sick. Yes certain choices like a lack of proper hygiene enabled the bacteria to grow and be able to infect you but you had little to no concious choice on falling sick.

I have tried imagining kissing and living with a male, it doesn't really appeal to me the same way that wearing dresses made for women just doesn't appeal to me. I have never tried wearing female clothing but I can imagine wearing female clothing and this is why I don't need to wear female clothing to know that I won't like it. Your argument is valid only in the case where something is undiscovered and therefore unimaginable.

Calling it a choice might be a little provocative, I mostly just mean that it isn't set in stone, like your height or intelligence might be. Sexuality is something that probably could be changed if you so desired (just look at the trap threads on /r9k/, or any kind of article on prison sexuality). I'm mostly opposed to the idea of it being this rigid, core part of a person that was decided when they were born.

I think your friends got confused and warped anti-LGBTQ rhetoric into pro-LGBTQ rhetoric. Those who are against LGBTQs expressing their sexuality typically claim non-heterosexuality is a choice, suggesting LGBTQs can choose to become heterosexual if society isn't accepting of them.

>I have tried imagining kissing and living with a male,
>It doesn't really appeal to me
AKA
>It appeals to me on some level
FAGGOT
A
G
G
O
T

It's still hard to believe that a whole group of people, not one or two made this mistake. And these people definitely aren't the kind of brainwashed liberals or feminists who say all men should die. In fact I have dated two of the girls present there and both of them even refused to let me pay for dates, and we're able to call out many cases of feminazism which weren't even as obvious as men having to pay for dates. I guess once the reputation has taken a hit it doesn't matter .

Yes but then again saying that its a fluid thing that can change in some people is different to saying that they have a concious choice. In the first statement you're saying that something you can't control is affecting how you behave while in the second statement you're saying that how you behave conciuosly can somehow undermine the background processes which brought you to this point in time.

Like I said, I probably wouldn't use that wording, if I were to write a treatise on this topic. But it is passive choice. I don't really care one way or the other on whether it's a choice or not, I just hate this culture of "you were born with x quality, and therefore you can't be held responsible for it", and that frustration extents to the LGBT.

>Veeky Forums board
>doesn't accept the science that LGBTQ people don't choose their sexuality

answer me these questions:

1. Do you choose your sexuality? If so, when did you choose to be straight?
2. Is everybody born straight?
3. Why do you not understand that you can't choose what you're attracted to?

The discussion has always been whether society (I.E your upbringing, childhood experiences etc) brings about homosexuality or whether it is genetic. The former argument is often abbreviated to "choice" which of course you decide to take literally because herp a derp.

Fair enough.
Only a retard would use the word choice. What kind of counterintuitive retard would chose to attach something not even slightly related to the movement and expect others to understand it ?
Give me one example of how the word chlove is even remotely related to their statement ?
It has nothing to do with a literal or figurative understanding.

>switching from percent to times and then back to percent

I'd say, society does not condemn their sexual behaviors, but their hedonism, as it can have a negative cost to society. otherwise, no one really cares what they do.

Lately I've seen quite often say on youtube comments like "don't hate gay people, it's their choice who they want to be with

Homosexuality is not a choice but a result of the environment around them. There is no such thing as gay genes. The Behavorial Sink experiment showed that when rats were confined to a small area to live in a dense population, the males either became massively passive not caring about sex or went full blown homo.

obviously rats=humans and the only gay people are prisoners and students in male/female-only schools

Rats are closely related to primates like humans. And yes, prisons are notorious for gay sex. You rarely see homos in very rural areas while in urban areas they are everywhere. The denser the population in an area the more likely a male will change to a homo because of environmental pressures. No one is born gay, they are raised it.

I don't understand what you use as choice. It is true that thoughts in a person cannot be helped but thoughts do not directly define the individual to society, although they can influence the individual's actions, which can alter how they are seen in society.

As an absurd example: thinking of burning down a house does not make me an arsonist.

>believing anything is a choice

>homosexuality is not a choice
>racism is though

you see more gay people in urban areas because that's where they can allow themselves to be seen, that doesn't mean that there are actually more gay people there. Besides as an adult you can in most situations choose where you live, so why would gay pople choose to live around christian rednecks when they can live in a city where it is trendy for people to go out of their way to show how "pro gay" they are?

Also, as someone who left their shithole country as a teenager, please tell me what were the environmental pressures of east Europe that made me gay

>blacks and latinos are accepting of homos
Yea I'm sure living in the big city will be a haven from the rednecks. Also, I love how you automatically only label rednecks as people who dislike homos when non-whites and non-christians hate your people with a passion hotter than the sun. Christians just don't think you are living the right way, Muslims will flat out kill you.

>implying I would associate myself with shitskins just because of living in a big city

That's the thing about big cities. They are, well, big, so no need to live in a ghetto. But in a small town/village you don't have much choice.
Also me directly adressing christians in no way implies liking muslims, why do people always think that... Trust me, I want few things more than muslims to leave Europe. I guess US would be the hope for future, being somewhere between third world "kil ze fags!" and today's european "refoogeez velkom"

Because white liberals do not have the balls to address the problem that is islam.

Saying Christians or whites don't kill homosexuals to someone that very likely knows it's a lie is gutsy.
Islam isn't a problem.

finish your algebra homework, timmy

Lol. Realest post on this board rn.
The sooner everybody wakes up to the reality of race and the tribal nature of man (and primates), the better.

bull fucking shit

Twin studies
>identical twins are not both gay
>~27% of identical twins are BOTH gay/trans
hmm people who are essentially identical in terms on their genes don't both grow up to be gay
surely it's science that's sexist
no source because on phone

The Wachoswki brothers?