College food

Living by myself, whats the best, cheapish meals I can make on a consistent basis? [spoiler]i like meat in my food[/spoiler]

pork butts are like 2 bucks a pound in my area. smoke em, bake em, slow cook em or pressure cook em. they last about a week and are great mixed with beans.

country ribs and green beans

chili can be pretty cheap if you do it right

dark meat chicken is cheap and bbq thighs are killer.

rice and 40's (I use to keep the exact change for a 40 and a thing of rice from the Japanese place and liquor store across from my house while in college...im not proud of it but w/e)

Stews and soups are cheap

Curry is also pretty cheap

Small or left over amounts of meat are good in fried rice.

Crock pots my nigga, You can put pretty much anything in it and make a stew thats amazing. Only bad thing is it takes around 8 hours.

Back in the day I would get 2 cans of cambells "cream of mushroom" and then get carrots, the cheapest boneless meat I could find (like pork butt that the dude mentioned above but theres a couple alternatives that I cant think of now) potatoes, onions and some oregano maybe a little bit of that cheap pre shredded garlic and salt and pepper. I still make this sometimes today just with diffrent meat since I can afford it.

But you can put pretty much any combination of things in a crock pot and its great. Just make it before you go to work and you get home and have an awesome meal waiting for you.

Also a big crock pot is way better since you usually cant eat it all, you get left overs for at least 2 or 3 days.

Burritos are easy.

Also, buy foods in bulk.

Chicken thigh rice and beans. Look up feijoada for a good rice dish

Cabbage and beef.

Boil the cabbage and toss it in maple syrup and a dash of soy sauce, let it sit.
Stir fry beef strips, salt and pepper.

Mix cabbage and beef and keep in large batches, freeze that mother up and heat when hungry.

I lived off of that for well over three years when I was dirt poor, and I did not even auffer from scurvy!

A whole week worth of food would run me 15-20 Euros, which means I would devour this treat 4-5 times a week.

Get a knife. Pork shoulder is dirt cheap.
Cook 3 meals worth at once on a pan.
Also, some sort of dried grain. Boil like 6 servings at once.

>i like meat in my food
You can make a lot of cheap shit with $.79 8 packs of Bar-S hotdogs. Chop 'em up in generic mac & cheese. Chop 'em up in Bush's baked beans. Chop 'em up in boxed scalloped/au gratin potatoes. Chop 'em up in fried rice or noodles. Eat them, you know, as hot dogs.

>Bar-S hotdogs
>eating the cheapest pig heart that capitalism can raise
Nah

Buy some bleach and drink it before making another gay fucking baby nigger thread. Every fucking day these gay aids freshmans asking for this shit.

I don't know what's the prices for food in america (I assume you live here) but honestly if money is a priority, buy pasta instead of ramen. If they're too bland by themselves, use tomato sauce.

Ham and chicken breast (turkey is even cheaper) are the cheapest meats over here in Franceistan.

"All these people on the internet are going to think I'm so cool for my edgy, aggressive response!"

Cook some hamburger meat on another part of the stove as you're making ramen noodles. Cook some other frozen vegetables as you're making the ramen and hamburger. Make a couple hardboiled eggs before you do all this. Mix it all together, add some spice, boom. Instant cheap asian food, with vegetables and meat.

This actually sounds interesting. Did you try the same with chicken breast? [spoiler] y maple syrup tho [/spoiler]

Rice erryday if you're a poorfag like me.

Rice, beans, chicken, root vegetables.

Any soup or stew recipe can be started by cooking onions and minced garlic on medium heat until softened, about 20 minutes or so, then add spices, a tablespoon of flour or so, tomato paste, vegetables, meats, and stock for infinite varieties

Always have a budget for seasoning ya need. You can make any cheap crap tasty with the right spices.

A personal favorite is rice and beans and sausage. Cheap as hell and super filling. Could fill 5-15 meals for like $5-10.

Honey chicken noodles, stir fries, etc.
Quick, easy, cheap and delicious.
Still impresses people. Grating fresh ginger will you look like a master chef to the average pleb.
Want a recipe?

Tin of tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, garlic, rice, sausage, paprika.

Chop up your onions and garlic, chuck them in a pan on low heat. Add in sliced bell pepper and paprika, stir, fry a little further, then chuck in and brown the sausage. Add a tin of tomatoes and let it simmer until it reduces, I dunno, like 45 minutes? Just keep an eye on it. Make some rice in this time and serve together.

If you feel fancy add some beaten eggs into the stewed veg at the end and cook for a few more minutes.

sleepytime chicken

>crock pot
>cream of mushroom

Great. Now im going to have nightmares of living with my mother again.

Not every meal you eat needs to have meat. Stop being a fucking child and eat meals without if you are on a budget. Meat is for people that can afford it. Learn to cook first. You are probably just fucking it up anyway.

Go to goodwill. Aquire pressure cooker. Make beans.

Get some of your college bros buy you a pack of bacon ends and peices. Its like $8 for a fuckload of bacon. Put some of that shit in the pressure cooker with some black beans. Also make rice and cheap seasoned ground beef ($9 for 3 pounds at walmart). Food for a whole fucking week for less than $15.

In case it wasnt obviouse your college fag bros buy you bacon in exchange for completed food