Decide to get into philosophy

>decide to get into philosophy
>seems like an okay place to start (I studied greeks long time ago in school, so fuck em)
>50 pages in
So far it's nothing but pure edge. Does it get any better? I realize that Neet-she was extremely educated (he sure loves to show it but dumping latin everywhere for no reason) so his fedoratipping has some substance behind it, but it's still fucking obnoxious, all he does is shitposting about 2500 years of philsophy and claims that everyone but him is a retard. How do you approach philosophy anyway? Should I struggle through with the works in which the premises set by the author clearly contradict my beliefs to try and prove myself wrong, or there's a place where dropping is a good idea?

Other urls found in this thread:

existentialcomics.com/blog
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Clearly you don't have the will to power.

No, Nietzsche's brand of existentialism is pretty bland and selfish. His aphorisms were arguably the best part.

Kierkegaard is a bit more wholesome and intelligent if you ask me.

your entire question is posed in such a terribly arrogant way that I think you might not be ready for philosophy, let alone Nietzsche.

>Clearly you don't have the will to power.
t. 4channer

The will to power doesn't exist you fucking faggot.

Try Schopenhauer. Start with 'On the fourfold root of thee principle of sufficient reason' then move on to "The world as will and representation' if you're considering taking the red pill.

That´s a good question actually. I heard that philosophy university students start with Kant and then move on to other philosophers like Nietzche. (In my country at least.) It´s supposed to be like a foundation. (Or something?)

>The will to power
That was the entire point of Nietzsche's philosophy, that the will exists within the self alone

You are a brainlet.

They literally all start with the greeks. It's not a meme.

Nietzsche is a terrible place to start with philosophy. You need a pretty workable knowledge of philosophy from Descartes leading up to him. Nietzsche criticises the philosophical tradition of the Enlightenment, but if you don't know anything about it you can't read Nietzsche because his skepticism of it is the starting point of his philosophy.
Nietzsche isn't writing a tractatus. He isn't give a point by point structured idea about why he is right. He is putting forth ideas and relying on your intelligence and knowledge of philosophy to understand what he means.

Nietzsche is so prone to misunderstanding because of his style, which leads people to uncritical and unsophisticated readings because most people don't understand his style and format, that common misreadings of his philosophy appeal to a particular sort of person, and that frankly, most people aren't educated enough to even begin to properly appreciate him.

>So far it's nothing but pure edge.
Again it is telling that you haven't read any other philosophy because you are completely ignorant of the massive influence on the philosophy of the 20th century. And not just philosophy either. He is perhaps one of the most important men of the last 100 years of shaping the way we think in the west.

Stop reading Nietzsche. Come back when you have the proper grounding for him. Otherwise your reading of him will probably make you understand him less than not reading him.

Maybe you should realize that he wasn't writing for an uneducated audience OP.

This is like me starting a thread on Veeky Forums where in I proceed to whine about a book about helicopter manufacturing being incomprehensible even though I have zero education in the field.

>decided to get into philosophy
>start with 'complicated and counterintuitive criticisms of already complex philosophies that precede me' the book

so basicly philosophy is bullshit

If Nietzche is so easily misunderstood, how did he manage to
>shape the way we think in the west.

All intellectuals working in the West knew Latin and many knew Greek at this time, and they all studied the classics during their education, so it wasn't obscure elitist fuckery to drop a Latin phrase, it was just quoting a known classic in its original (but also known) language.

>This entire post

wow look at the stonkers on her.

Its neetshuh you fucking non-German fuckboys.

Because many of the incredibly influentially thinkers who are completely indebted to him didn't completely misunderstand him. If you are smart, have the prerequisite knowledge and are willing to spend time with Nietzsche, and are prepared to his style you have zero excuse for making the major misunderstandings.

>implying influence is measured in full comprehension.

his work, dickied by his sister whose analyst concluded she didn't understand his philosophy, inspired Nazis.

op while i recommend taking as many courses in a university as possible the next best thing is to follow something like this blog:
existentialcomics.com/blog

Also you made the common mistake of starting with nietzche, more then many other philosophers the subject of his philosophy is previous philosophy. Starting with Nietzche is like reading a really interesting review of a movie when you havent ever seen a movie and also dont know what movies are.

This.
Also, penis.

No OP hes a meme and nothing he ever said has an substantial value. you would be better off just droppiig him.