"The author turned 23 only two months ago...

>"The author turned 23 only two months ago, but already he is being hailed as one of Ireland's finest contemporary authors"

>"In these 13 stories [...] a sunny disposition is nowhere to be found. It’s a collection saturated with nihilism. Nearly all the characters are men, several are writers, and all suffer from failures of some kind — literary neglect, listless sexual encounters, creative impotence.[...] In “Paris Story,” a failed novelist, envious of his friend’s success, writes a cruel review of her work that haunts him for years. “On Nietzsche” recalls the narrator’s obsession, years ago, with writing a book about Nietzsche, a project he cannot complete. Elsewhere, an aspiring writer suffers “a prolonged psychic unraveling” when he accepts, finally, that he will never write like Martin Amis."

>"A few of the stories seem slight, like clever vignettes. More often than not, though, Doyle plumbs the bleaker aspects of literary life with startling precision and candor."

Is he, dare I say it, our guy?

Other urls found in this thread:

bookanista.com/euphoria-finances/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Is he, dare I say it, our guy?
If he hates women and ethnic minorities, then yes of course. But I have a suspicion he's a filthy libcuck

This. He's probably one of those communists who think Nietzsche was left-wing.

>an overgrown teenager writes angsty stories full of projections
Veeky Forums the man

Literature is such a faggy hobby.

>nihilistic
>philosophyfag

Sounds like he's pic related, so yes.

Oh, it's you

>a male writer writing about how male writers are suffering
so glad someone finally wrote something like that

He's in his thirties

[citation needed]

He identifies as a 23 year old.

He looks like a cuck desu

Also I bet he studied English in Trinity or UCD, the posh cunt

Reminds me of that Guy in your MFA twitter

Why do faggot alt-righters think they're intelligent because they dislike nihilism?

Honestly, why has the big boogie man nihilism become such a fucking meme recently? And why does the alt-right think it's the result of duh media and not the result of basic existential thinking?

bookanista.com/euphoria-finances/

>A few months ago, at the age of thirty-one, I saw my own first novel, Here Are the Young Men, finally published.

it was published in 2014

It has been 'such a fucking meme' for several hundred years. Read more instead of shitposting, pleb.

Are Trinity students really considered posh in Ireland?

Yes, and poshness is considered a sin above all others.

>anglos masturbating over college status
Never gets old.

kill yourself

I want to cut a hole in his throat and then fuck the throat hole.

Seriously tho. I hate this fucking thread. I see this thread 8 times a day. No. He's not our guy. I don't know who this dipshit is. I don't care, either. Fuck you OP.

>saturated with nihilism
>several characters are writers

sounds like an absolute fucking cunt.

I'm 25 and never even touched a boob.

*book

I read it. He's a name dropping ripoff artist. Bad Burroughs cutups, bad Borges imaginary books from imaginary authors Bad Battaile anuses

either way, you're blessed

Why would I be blessed for being a permavirgin?

Sounds like every 23 year old male short story writer I have read.

Why do you need a guy, you fucking faggot?

Might actually make this one of the two new books I read this year.

>Rob Doyle was born in Dublin and holds a first-class honours degree in Philosophy, and an MPhil in Psychoanalysis from Trinity College Dublin.

You're right.

and he says he's 31 on his website

>commies thinking Nietzche was left wing

In other words, retarded. Good allegory.

Because it's encouraged by culture. It used to be culture was a defense against nihilism. The reason why nihilism is dangerous is because its a meme. It's a good meme. It's fucking obvious if you think for five seconds. Read the book of Ecclesiastes in the old testament. Nihilism isn't new, but it used to be we had an entire culture to combat it.

His works sound interesting. I would give them a try.

get out /pol/

we don't need your "redpills" here

Have you honestly read it?

I read one story which starts with some edgy guy on a ferry sperging out because nobody reads Ulysses any more. Stopped reading there.

Gtfo here nigger, Nietzsche transcended political ideology.

No shit, that was my point.

He also heavily criticized Nazi ideology.

How do you like dem apples /pol/?

I love how reality declines the delusional models of ideology being pushed unto it. I also hate it. Not limited to political ideas.

>Love dinosaurs

fpbp

>have you honestly read it
yes. That story and another story about a college dropout's encounter with a similar burned out drifter were the only stories I enjoyed in the collection. The rest I could see far too obviously who he was ripping off.

Dubs won't lie.

You cant pretend to be nihilistic and wear what he's wearing in that picture

Anybody here remember the user who was studying at Trinity who kept posting about how he was a genius etc. Not the usual shitposter who does that.

I remember he posted some excerpt from a story about a depressed student who buys some chocolate biscuits or something

Either way, you're at home here.

>be 20
>want to write a novel
>home country is absolutely devoid of talent
>be afraid of coming into the spotlight even when my writing skills are arse
>be afraid of actually decent people scrutinizing me for my arrogance because some tasteless shits would praise me

Fuck

>being afraid of other peoples opinions of your art, which you should be making to express yourself, and impress only yourself.

ok. ok. wow. just... ok.

Thanks for putting words into my mouth. Which is exactly what my post was about.

ok. ok. wow. just... ok. go fuck yourself.

Nobody ever read Ulysses. It's always been a bookshelf decoration

Are there specific things you can cite w/r/t nihilism being encouraged by culture in today's world? I agree with you, but whenever I talk about it with someone it always devolves to "dude social media lmao".

Obviously there is a shrinking amount of devoted religious people, and our media is mostly atheistic, but are there good specific examples to articulate this with?

kek

Should I go to TCD this year?
I have an offer from a better ranked uni as well, but TCD just has something about it
For STEM

Your meme is shit and will never catch on.

The answer is in your very own post.