Just diagnosed

With Lymphoma. I'm half indian and have been vegetarian all my life. And now, at 33, I've been diagnosed with Lympoma.

I've been doing my own research for months now and found this:

>Long term vegetarian diet changes human DNA raising risk of cancer and heart disease
by Sarah Knapton

ong term vegetarianism can lead to genetic mutations which raise the risk of heart disease and cancer, scientists have found.

Populations who have had a primarily vegetarian diet for generations were found to be far more likely to carry DNA which makes them susceptible to inflammation.

Scientists in the US believe that the mutation occured to make it easier for vegetarians to absorb essential fatty acids from plants.

But it has the knock-on effect of boosting the production of arachidonic acid, which is linked to inflammatory disease and cancer. When coupled with a diet high in vegetable oils - such as sunflower oil - the mutated gene quickly turns fatty acids into dangerous arachidonic acid.

The finding may help explain previous research which found vegetarian populations are nearly 40 per cent more likely to suffer colorectal cancer than meat eaters, a finding that has puzzled doctors because eating red meat is known to raise the risk.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XqSYC_vwhDg
cancer.org/latest-news/world-health-organization-says-processed-meat-causes-cancer.html
everydayhealth.com/cancer-photos/surprising-cancer-causers.aspx#06
naturalon.com/10-of-the-most-cancer-causing-foods/2/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4215472/
blogs.scientificamerican.com/science-sushi/httpblogsscientificamericancomscience-sushi20110718mythbusting-101-organic-farming-conventional-agriculture/
telegraph.co.uk/news/health/children/11723308/First-cousin-marriages-in-Pakistani-communities-leading-to-appalling-disabilities-among-children.html
veggiemythsdebunked.wordpress.com/2016/03/30/response-long-term-vegetarian-diet-changes-human-dna-raising-risk-of-cancer-and-heart-disease/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>ong term vegetarianism can lead to genetic mutations which raise the risk of heart disease and cancer, scientists have found.
>Populations who have had a primarily vegetarian diet for generations were found to be far more likely to carry DNA which makes them susceptible to inflammation.
>Scientists in the US believe that the mutation occured to make it easier for vegetarians to absorb essential fatty acids from plants.
>But it has the knock-on effect of boosting the production of arachidonic acid, which is linked to inflammatory disease and cancer. When coupled with a diet high in vegetable oils - such as sunflower oil - the mutated gene quickly turns fatty acids into dangerous arachidonic acid.

I.... I had no idea......

WHY DIDN'T SOMEBODY WARN ME?!?!?!?!?!?

>I'm half indian

>The finding may help explain previous research which found vegetarian populations are nearly 40 per cent more likely to suffer colorectal cancer than meat eaters, a finding that has puzzled doctors because eating red meat is known to raise the risk.

Most vegetarians don't "stay" vegetarian. Switching diets back & forth can wreak havok on on a cellular level.

>I'm half indian

Wanna guess what the cancer rate of Vegetarian indians is?

"Vegetarian India has one of the highest cancer rates in the world"

> 2005 data shows that India has one of the highest cancer rates in the world!! This article which quotes research funded by WHO.

>Populations who have had a primarily vegetarian diet for generations were found to be far more likely to carry DNA which makes them susceptible to inflammation.
>Scientists in the US believe that the mutation occured to make it easier for vegetarians to absorb essential fatty acids from plants.
>But it has the knock-on effect of boosting the production of arachidonic acid, which is linked to inflammatory disease and cancer.

Hey Vegetarians... can you help explain this to me? My little meat eater brain can't comprehend all these big words.

it's all one big crapshoot any hoot.

youtube.com/watch?v=XqSYC_vwhDg

Eating meat causes cancer

cancer.org/latest-news/world-health-organization-says-processed-meat-causes-cancer.html

not eating meat causes cancer, the sun causes cancer, your phone causes cancer, beer, smoking, the air in cities

if you are a woman working at night gives you cancer

everydayhealth.com/cancer-photos/surprising-cancer-causers.aspx#06

soft drinks

naturalon.com/10-of-the-most-cancer-causing-foods/2/

everything. you. do. is. a. cause. of. cancer.

lol should have had a hamburger from time to time
Better luck on higher intelligence in the next life, m8

I've never understood you vegetarian people, you're missing out on a lot of our cuisine.

Which is why all these health kicks are horseshit. I'm not saying eat ice cream for every meal but people who give up on red meat or fats or cheese without a legitimate and immediate health concern are retarded. Go the next ten years abstaining from cheeseburgers and get cancer anyway. Or get t-boned in your car on the way to work tomorrow. Just eat the damn burger

and this is why I smoke cigarettes

My old boss had lymphoma from living next to the paper mill and drinking the tap water (they sent notices in the mail drinking the tap water was dangerous, was cheaper than fixing it) she lived and recovered. But she said it sucked major donkey dick.

Try and be positive, it'll help. She was ~30 when she was diagnosed.

Poo in loo

I wonder if the literal river of shit that they worship and wash in has anything to do with that

so you can get throat cancer instead of ass cancer?

lol meataddicts so desperate they create false flag threads with fake science
and you say vegans are obnoxious lmao

get back to the phone lines pajeet, some old lady forgot her password

Indian """vegetarians""" eat lots of dairy and fried shit. Of course they'll have some cancer.

Should have gone vegan instead.

He's only half. Probably only makes it to the sink.

You needed to a read a study to know this? I've been saying vegetarians are literally cancer for years.

Post the diagnosis or letter or whatever confirming for Lymphoma.

This is an elaborate troll.

po in lo

Lymphoma isn't even that rare faggot

>"""

what did you mean by this

POO

Hope you get better tho tbqh.

Are you a candidate for chemotherapy? It is very possible that in the future chemo patients will be simultaneously put on ketogenic diets. This is what I would do if I had cancer. Good luck.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4215472/

Vegetarianism is pretty gay but saying >Long term vegetarian diet changes human DNA
is absolutely fucking retarded

I bet you're a vegan. The moment anyone provides evidence that vegan diets are bad, shills like you come out with the ad hominem attacks.

>Diet X causes cancer
When will people learn to fucking ignore these studies? It changes on almost daily basis as to what does or doesnt cause cancer.
Red meat! No wait red meat is good!
Alcohol! No wait small amounts is good!
Bacon! Wait nevermind!
Vegetarianism! Wait no that's healthy!
Nobody fucking knows, some worrying about it, just eat a goddamn hamburger if you want to.

What if I abstain for ethical reasons?

For saving animals? Every single one of those animals you don't eat, someone else does or it just gets throw out after going bad. They still get slaughtered either way, might as well take advantage of it.

Dude, eating X doesn't mean squat.

Preparation of X is key. Frying shit in oil turns EVERYTHING into a cancer causing agent.

Also vegetables and fruit are full of pesticides/insecticides which are obviously hurtful.

ketogenic diet has only a leg to stand on in case of brain tumors

>40 per cent more likely to suffer colorectal cancer
Jumping from 40 to 56 per 100,000 if (!) future research concurs.

This post is a false flag, by the meat industry.

You can find a correlation with heart disease and cancer with pretty much anything you want. What they need to look into is what is in the food they are eating. How is it being processed? What has been sprayed on it? What has it been fed?

I'll stick to my garden veggies, home raised chickens, fish, and venison I get with in 2 miles of my house.

>You can find a correlation with heart disease and cancer with pretty much anything you want.
Like meat?

What can I eat that won't kill me?

What does "vegetarian" mean? A lot of dumb people don't know the difference between vegan and vegetarian. And then there's the fact that forsaking meat doesn't mean you aren't still a retard who eats animal products more than a few times per month. Cheese is AIDS.

that sucks, i'm a 30 year old white guy, been eating crap food all my life and smoke and drink everyday, probably gonna end up like you eventually. My buddy had lymphoma due to all the chemicals he was around in his job, he did chemo and got over it but it'll probably come back.

Had another friend that had melanoma, he could've easily cured it in the beginning but he had a pill habit and his wife was cheating on him with a violent israeli ex-con that kicked him out of his own house during the chemo. So he ended up at his moms house basically rotting/wasting away in bed on fentanyl and edibles and died eventually. He wanted to kill his wife and her fuckbuddy and then kill himself but his family got into his gun stash and pawned everything.

>they say "long-term" as in a few hundred years
>op reads "long-term" as in 33 years
i bet you think that Afrikaners are at increased risk of sickle-cell lymphoma, and if you ever live the movie plot of being adopted into a royal family you should immediately take precautions to mitigate hemophilia

Do you sometimes poo in loo since you're half poo in loo?

Standing in the sunlight also causes cancer.
just sayin
It's atually hard to find some substances that do not to some extent potentially contribute to cancer.

You'll be fine. I was diagnosed with lupus and lymphoma on the same day then extremely early onset Parkinson's six months after that and I'm still kicking 9 years later.
I dunno what other chemo drugs are available but I was on cytoxan to treat both lupus and lymphoma. The worst of it was that everything tasted like chewing on metal foil except cheerios. Couldn't even have them in milk. I think that's why so many chemo patients wind up thin: everything tastes like sticking your tongue to a 9v battery and you just don't eat anything but dry cheerios for months on end.

Also
>vegetarianism causes cancer
What about partial vegetarianism? I'm from a culture which doesn't tend to eat meat much to begin with but when we do, it's usually either fish or pork.

That story, there is no justice.
Only you user can bring it.

Well, economics are mostly about supply and demand. Lower the demand, lower the supply.

>high cancer rates
>widespread malnutrition in children and stunted growth because of unsanitary living conditions
It's no wonder why so many leave India if they're wealthy enough to have the means

Sorry it happened to you OP

POO

NOT defending vegan faggotry at all, but India probably has a high cancer rate because it is a filthy shithole polluted with everything from feces, corpses, to industrial waste.

And a ton of incest

And feces.

Girls from the Indian subcontinent can be cute, tho. Certainly better than white girls

This is why I don't follow any new food fads. I just try to keep saturated fats and sodium low and I feel fine. My diet is vegetarian 5 out of 7 days of the week just out of preference for tastes, ease of preparation, and avoiding those saturated fats. Just had a bratwurst with bacon and slaw on it for dinner, feels good man.

when I ejaculated into my own semen i thought i might have created a fleshlight baby. there was just slippery juice everywhere and my cum seemed to join with my other load in a way to create life.

>lym-poo-ma

Im going to hell but i HAD to do it mane.

> Certainly better than white girls
>subhumans from the subcontinent

If you eat a bullet you'd be killing yourself

>>Long term vegetarian diet changes human DNA raising risk of cancer and heart disease

Sounds like horseshit.

t. meat loving scientist

I think it is more likely that you just ate way too much pesticide residue.

Most pesticides are cancerous, even the ones we use in the west. Moreover the actual dosage used is often way above the allowed limits. And you are in India. You are probably still using even more dangerous pesticides and your soils are probably even more contaminated with harmful materials.

I don't believe you.

Is this a new meme?

>"Vegetarian India has one of the highest cancer rates in the world"
>> 2005 data shows that India has one of the highest cancer rates in the world!! This article which quotes research funded by WHO.

This seems counter intuitive to Vegetarian brainwashing doesn't it?

>Post the diagnosis or letter or whatever confirming for Lymphoma.

Non-Hodgkins small cell Lympoma.

I'm going through Immunotherapy right now, and the funny thing is, the hospital food they give me all have MEAT! And i have to specifically request vegetarian meals.

>Are you a candidate for chemotherapy?

Not at that stage yet... but reading about a few immunotherapy tirals and trying to see if I can get weight listed.

They usually do those trials on people with "no hope" tho...

Just eat some meat, dude.
Treat yourself while you can ffs

Oh good... I've created copy cats... I hope they get cancer too.

oh, it's the good Hodgkins

>"Vegetarian India has one of the highest cancer rates in the world"
>> 2005 data shows that India has one of the highest cancer rates in the world!! This article which quotes research funded by WHO.

So an entire population who only eat vegetables has some of the world's highest cancer rates.

I think I'll stick to eating delicious meat, thank you.

>he thinks all Indians are vegetarians
Retard.

Those pesticide ridden vegetable definitely wasn't the cause of your cancer. /s

Should have looked into ehat you were actually eating

Look it up dummy. That shit fucks up everything it touches and big companies pretend it doesn't to maximize their profits by having perfect fruits/ vegetables

No because i can just wash it off.

None of these studies have been reversed, user. What they do is release flawed studies "disproving" what has been accepted knowledge for decades and people like you who just read the headlines and don't do their own research fall for it.

Red meat is still unhealthy. Alcohol has never stopped being unhealthy. Bacon and other cured meats are one of the most unhealthy things you can possibly eat. You can eat nothing but ice cream and potato chips and still qualify as a vegetarian, so the title itself means absolutely nothing.

But the people who profit from feeding you garbage know that they don't have to disprove the studies showing that their garbage is unhealthy. All they have to do is get enough false studies published, get their headlines, and people will decide that there's no consensus and they might as well eat what they want - because nobody pays attention to the followup studies, or the groups of doctors and nutritionists who criticize these studies.

All OP's study is really saying anyway is that vegetable oils are bad for you, and we've known that for a long time. You'll also notice that he hasn't posted a link to the actual study in any of the multiple threads he's made about it.

>No because i can just wash it off.

Because the skins of fruits and vegetables are little plastic seals that reject all foreign material, right? They couldn't possibly absorb anything.

How is it not common sense that pesticides are bad for you? If it kills bugs, it's probably not very good for you either.

do your research first next life

I just don't believe you. Veganism is the healthiest life style and your mental gymnastics won't change my mind about it.

Kind of pathetic to think you would pull the "pesticide" card.

One, I'm not the same guy you were talking to. Two, I'm not telling you to stop eating vegetables, you fucking moron, I'm telling you to stop eating vegetables grown with pesticides. Think really hard. Is there maybe some label used to identify produce grown without synthetic pesticides?

Oh yeah so you want me to eat fucking bugs and other life huh?
Fucking hell you are unbelievable.
You just don't get it do you?

Doing the opposite, fucknose.
I read nothing but headlines about THIS CAUSES CANCER NO THIS DOES WAIT THIS DOES OH NO ITS THIS
I know that excessive meat is bad, and excessive alcohol is bad, and all that shit. I'm not a fucking moron reading headlines that say "BACON NOW A SUPERFOOD???" and then eating a pound a day of it.
But I also know that eating a few strips of bacon now and then isn't going to give me cancer, nor is drinking a bottle of wine a week going to trash my liver.

Don't project your bullshit onto me.

You can wash what's on the outside off but it's literally IN the plants. They are engineered to be immune to it and they take the pesticide in when they absorb water. Because the pesticide is water soluble it is actually INSIDE the plant. They are engineered to take pest killer into their cells without harming the plant along with whatever other traits they want.

You're a closedminded fool. Like I said, look it up dummy. I'm not telling you to stop eating veggies, just buy them from a place that doesn't use gmo or pesticide

I'm a vegan too dummy. Learn about the food you're eating instead of assuming that everything is fine and dandy

>or pesticide

That's not possible. Even organic food contains pesticides, and they're not any "better" for you than the synthetic stuff is.

blogs.scientificamerican.com/science-sushi/httpblogsscientificamericancomscience-sushi20110718mythbusting-101-organic-farming-conventional-agriculture/

>Not possible

Do you know what a farmer's market is? You don't have to get all your shit from the store, you can but it from a farmer's market or grow it yourself

I never implied "buying organic". Starting to seem more like a shill thread now

Lower the demand, price decreases, demand rises again

>demand rises again
Not if people aren't eating it you dope

Point still fucking stands. No pesticide means fucking bugs and all other kinds of life. You want me to fucking eat bugs? Not only is that gross but why force a vegan to fucking eat living things?

You just don't fucking get it you degenerates.

You're a troll or a retard. You obviously have no idea about gardening or anything related to the food you're so reliant on.

>muh bugs on vegetables make me not a vegan

Did you know simply having a raised bed garden keeps most bugs away and planting citronella plants keep away the rest w/o poisoning your food?

Also for someone who doesn't want to kill creatures to eat you sure are weirdly okay with people killing billions of creatures to produce the fruit and veggies you love, fucking idiot hypocrite. What's the point of being vegan if you still support murdered of insects and desecration of the earth by buying produce from people who use pesticides?

No your point doesn't hold water shut up false vegan troll

Your trolling isn't even funny. 2117 called, you're dead and you wasted your life

>vegetarian
>not vegan
Wouldn't all of this go out the window if you're eating dairy and eggs anyway?

>Did you know simply having a raised bed garden keeps most bugs away and planting citronella plants keep away the rest w/o poisoning your food?
t.rich priviledged asshole

Who the fuck can afford a house with a garden nowadays. I live in a fucking apartment like most reasonable humans.

>fucking idiot hypocrite
Bitch i don't want to eat living and thinking creatures alright?
How fucking hard is it to understand what being a vegan means?

He's gonna Steve Jobs himself straight into the ground.

Not rich at all dummy plus there are other ways to grow food, you're just too stupid to research.

If you don't want to eat/kill living and thinking creatures then you are a hypocrite for buying produce that
1. Kills things unnaturally

2. Runoff pesticide damages environment and kills things unintentionally

You are a literal tard by thinking being a vegan makes you any different as far as impact goes to a meat eater if you still support factory farming practices with your money when they are killing shit to produce the veggies you buy

When you say Indian, do you mean dot or feather?

you can get cancer from a single fucking neutron that got blown out of a galaxy three billion lightyears away

don't assume food when you don't know what caused it

Now now paki don't blame it on us telegraph.co.uk/news/health/children/11723308/First-cousin-marriages-in-Pakistani-communities-leading-to-appalling-disabilities-among-children.html

Olive oil is good for you. There loads and loads and loads of studies that say so. She probably got cancer because indians won't touch olive oil and use inferior oils and loads of butter instead.

Also, quality iberico is good for you too

>trusting the telegraph
veggiemythsdebunked.wordpress.com/2016/03/30/response-long-term-vegetarian-diet-changes-human-dna-raising-risk-of-cancer-and-heart-disease/