How do I go about buying a rice cooker?

How do I go about buying a rice cooker?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Aroma-Professional-Plus-Cooker-ARC-5000/dp/B01N8RAZB1/
thekitchn.com/how-to-cook-perfect-basmati-rice-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-211157
webstaurantstore.com/town-rm-55p-r-55-cup-gas-rice-cooker-and-warmer/885RM55R.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Credit Card. Then you pay that shit off at the end of the month!

You have a couple choices:
1) order online
2) go to Azn market.

The kind like your pic is a good basic choice. The hinged locking lid with gasket is a key feature--make sure the cooker you buys has that. If it has a normal lift-off lid like an ordinary pot then it's junk you don't want.

If you want a step up then get one that has "fuzzy logic" or "micom". That means it has better temperature control and usually has different settings for various kinds of rice and/or other types of cooking.

The best models have a high-pressure mode, but they're also pretty expensive.

With money. Or steal it. What the fuck do i care.

don't. rice cookers are shit, cook your rice in a pot like everybody else.

Buy one with a setting for brown rice, too. I eat exclusively brown rice and it comes out perfect. Definitely worth it.

Is there any rice cooker for persian rice?

No , Persian. This IS SPARTA!

Any of them

It's only brown rice that has different cooking methods from standard.

The FBI is now monitoring this thread.

hey! I bought that same one 5.5 cups for only $80. Some cheap wholesale asian mart.

Go to Costco. They have the Aroma Professional Plus on sale for $25.

amazon.com/Aroma-Professional-Plus-Cooker-ARC-5000/dp/B01N8RAZB1/

I have one. It is great. If you are thinking of spending upwards of $100, go ahead and buy an instant pot or other rice cooker that also doubles as a pressure cooker.

Huh, didn't know that. I've been digging Iranian recipe these days and were trying to perfect my rice cooking skill. For some reason all the youtubers and online blog writers told me to use plain pot to cook one. I have a plain rice cooker I mainly use for japonica rice. Do you think normal setting would do the job?

THIS.IS.PERSIA!

Yeah, there are Persian brands that let you adjust the darkness of the tadig, Amazon sells them.

Buy Zojirushi. Never worry about how to cook rice again.

A high-end Cuckoo is considered the ultimate rice cooker.

Prepare to shell out $400.

>Expensive rice cooker made by a non-Japanese company

Why risk it if you're dropping that much money

I have the simplest one Aroma makes, the 4-option one, and I'm quite content with it. Only downside is that the aluminum pot is teflon-coated, so you can't dishwash it.

I disagree, I am a gook boy and have used pic related style, then the new fancy shit with 100 different cook settings and then also the lift off lid that cost 10 bux. They all the same shit.
Enjoy your shitty 10 dollar rice cooker, it is the only choice.
When cooking rice on stove with a 'lid' it is also the same sorta shit. Perhaps hinged top thing is 5% better but really that shit aint worth it and you prob wont notice.

You've come to the right place for this advice, OP!
>First step is finding an asian.
>I suggest using a trail of soy sauce packets.
>You'll need to build a trap to catch asians.
>You need to be really crafty. Asians have really squinty eyes because they're always looking really carefully at things. But this is where you'll get the drop on them. Because their eyes are mostly closed, they only see left and right. You just need to build a trap that comes in from above.
>I've given you enough hints at building an asian trap to not get me in trouble with the law, so let's move on.
>You've got your asian, and he's (or she, this is the 21st century after all!) in the trap.
>Remind the asian that falling into your trap has brought great dishonor onto his family. Threaten him with this fact and let him know that his ancestors will be haunting him for this great fault. Tell him that you will release him and restore his honor if and only if he gives you his rice cooker.
>boom.
>Easy rice cooker.
>You're welcome.

shush you weeb faggot

>big enough to handle 6-10 cups of rice
>there's a spoon holder
>rice cooker automatically goes into Cook setting when rice is set (many cheap ones go to WARM on default)
>doesn't cost more than $25

I don't get this. If you can't cook rice or pasta, why cook at all? It's not rocket science...even at the most basic, look at the box--follow instructions for amount needed. Stir here and there, perhaps...It's like fucking up oatmeal...if that's the case, you need to build your skills....Unless, what, is this for bulk batches? Restaurant style shit? But, if that's the case...why do you need it in your home kitchen? I don't get it man--because the process is SO EASY...

Rice cookers make better rice than a pot on a stove.

rice cookers are for plebs

I can load up my rice cooker, have a long and nice fap, then come back to perfectly cooked and warm rice every time. Can't do that if I need to stir shit every now and then.

OK you jags. Stop buying fucking rice cookers.

Use this recipe and you will be the guy making fun of rice cooker idiots.

thekitchn.com/how-to-cook-perfect-basmati-rice-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-211157

When I made rice in a pot it never came out properly. Top undercooked and bottom soggy. It came out nearly perfect when I made it in a pan though. Cooks much better and more evenly.

Well, learn.

See

I did. I learned that cooking rice in a pan is better than cooking in a pot.

>thekitchn.com/how-to-cook-perfect-basmati-rice-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-211157

Protip, you don't need the fucking aluminium foil. Just cook the goddamn rice properly.

Not shit talking...for me, getting to know the ingredient. You fuck up. First you fuck up horribly, then less and less...Then you get brave, and try some silly shit. Then you fuck up horribly. Then you work your way back up...but the process is the reason for doing so...everyone started out knowing nothing, then found out some great stuff along the way...

So my point is...rice cookers are doing you no good...fuck up for a while. Scrape some burnt rice off a pot...fail for a while. Experiment enough to find your own style. It's part of the process. And it feels better when you've accomplished something worthwhile. Why not try?

Even Asian people shouldn't use Rice Cookers. You always make better rice when you learn how to make rice.

A good rice cooker will make better rice than a pot ever will.

>he doesn't know about the rice cooker wizard

You're on drugs. That's horseshit. I will cook a pot of rice right now if you want to see it.

You've never made real rice, I assume?

>A pressure locked lid, with multiple temperature sensors, and a computer controlling the temperature can't make rice better than a pot on the stove

You've obviously never had rice from a decent rice cooker. Theres a reason every restaurant in Japan uses a rice cooker. Its more convenient, but also because the rice comes out better.

What kind of an asshole bothers with that? Just cook your fucking rice properly.

They all have commercial rice cookers sitting in the back cooking rice. Are you this stupid?

>A rice cooker is not a rice cooker
???

webstaurantstore.com/town-rm-55p-r-55-cup-gas-rice-cooker-and-warmer/885RM55R.html

This is what you get buddy. Enjoy. You're not clever enough to use a single washable pot.

With a rusty spoon and a lighter

What kind of an asshole bothers with a pot and stove that? Just cook your fucking rice properly with a rice cooker ffs.

I bet you make toast with a tea candle.

>stiring rice
Good one user. 8/10

What country are you in? If you are in the US, then you would generally just go to a store where they are for sale. If you take cash with you, that is basically universally accepted. Then you can exchange the rice cooker for the cash that you have. The store will give you a receipt so you have a record of the transaction for tax purposes, or in case you want to return it and then you are done. That is how you buy a rice cooker.

Alternately you can go online and buy from many e-commerce vendors, but generally a credit care or some form of online currency or account will be needed.

What kind of fuck up uses a rice cooker when you can use a pot to do this?

I know you people are probably on your own and scared, but you'll get older and regret buying stupid garbage for your kitchen.

>cuck
Kek

Show the bottom layer of burned on rice faggot, or are you scared? Quick.

This

I don't get what's so fucking hard about filling pot with water and rice and putting a lid on it. It comes out just the same.

Holy shit it isn't hard. You'll save yourself $30

>Cuckoo

That rice looks terrible. Soggy mess on the top and probably burned on the bottom. Won't happen with a rice cooker.

E V E R Y G R A I N P E R F E C T

It's not that it's harder. Rice from a rice cooker comes out way better, but you don't know the difference between good rice and shit rice because you're not a chink, nip or gook. Pro-tip, all of those sub-human groups use rice cookers because of course they want the only thing they eat everyday to be halfway decent.

White people have no business owning rice cookers.

Now kiss.

>Doesn't know you can use a rice cooker to make quinoa, lentils, steamed vegetables, etc.

There's been inexpensive rice cookers for years.
They're called fucking pans.

>all of those sub-human groups
>the vietcong beat the shit out of the US against overwhelming odds
>the vietcong would go 10 miles out of their way and fight a company (@ 160 personnel) of cumskins as go up against a platoon (@ 40 personnel) of koreans.

Lel, I think the proof is in your pudding amerifat.

That's pressure cookers, idjt.

And then there are GREAT rice cookers with computers and locking lids.

t. poorfag

Rice-cookers are a convenience if someone is on a rice-based diet.

on Veeky Forums, gooks are koreans

Look at all those broken-up grains. You can tell it's mushy as shit.
>What kind of fuckup...
Apparently YOU.

>What kind of fuck up uses a toaster when you can use a frying pan to do this?

I know you people are probably on your own and scared, but you'll get older and regret buying stupid garbage for your kitchen.

>There's been inexpensive cars for years. They're called fucking bicycles.

Well it took me some bad attempts to get it right, but in the nowdays countless times i've cooked rice, the first say 20 were not perfect, but edible (with 2 of them completely burned cause i just forgot) but once i got the hang of it it became really simple to cook in a regular pot, never in my life has it crossed my mind to get a rice cooker.

Also
I do agree with the sentiment 100% but the rice in the picture looks awful

You can't make Persian rice in a rice cooker because you want the bottom to be crispy (tadig) and the grains have to be separated not sticky.

And you can clean pans and not have them on your counter for life.

yeah it's a shit picture, but the technique that asshole talks about is perfect. Minus the tinfoil.

I keep forgetting you people are 'on your own' morons.

This is how I make basmati rice for fried rice.

Making Rice

2 Cups of Basmati Rice (Costco has great bulk rice)
3 Cups of water
salt in water if you want

Rinse rice in cold water in strainer/sieve for 1 minute or until the water runs clear. Boil 3 cups of water and place rice in pot. High heat until it boils reduce to gentle simmer (low heat) and cover. Simmer for 15 minutes and turn off the element. Let it rest for 15 on the element. Don’t lift the lid. Fluff rice and place in a container for overnight storage in the fridge. All fried rice requires day old rice at least.

That's stolen from that other recipe you dipshits ignored.

You idiots cant fail if you do this. Stop buying devices.

>basmati
poo in loo or white flyover detected

basmati isn't good

what do you cook, dipshit, arborio? Stop being a twat.

>he doesn't know

sorry I didn't mean to reply to you, you're just stupid or drunk. My bad. I'll shuttup.

Works for Basmati, not japonica

Edgelife

>basmati
you already fucked up

jasmine you cock muncher

basmati is shitty white people rice

jasmine is a long grain rice just like fucking basmati, you twit.

No it's not you cunt, it's much more round than long.

>hurr muh white people

Basmati rice comes from India.

>fried rice with basmati
wew is this what french people feel when they see velveeta

This is something that sounds reasonable at a glance but it's simply not true. Most varieties of rice cook fine on a stove top. Even some Asian rice like Jasmine works fine stovetop. But a rice cooker is a must for some varieties like Japanese rice. Attempting Japanese rice stovetop will result in either undercooked or mush. The good news is that guy earlier is right, a cheap $10 rice cooker will do the job.

Jasmine rice (Thai: ข้าวหอมมะลิ; rtgs: Khao hom mali; Thai pronunciation: [kʰâːw hɔ̌ːm malíʔ]; Chinese: 泰国香米; Tàiguó xiāngmǐ) is a long-grain variety of fragrant rice (also known as aromatic rice). Its fragrance, reminiscent of pandan (Pandanus amaryllifolius) and popcorn,[1] results from the rice plant's natural production of aromatic compounds, of which 2-acetyl-1-pyrroline is the most salient.

idiot.

i love how Weebipedia includes Chinese that's literally just "Thai fragrant rice"

Yeah because the french aren't known to be a giant group of assholes, right?

thats why you stir it