What is the drink of the ultimate tryhard?

what is the drink of the ultimate tryhard?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GUnzzjthwkI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>mead
lol
that's like liquid fedora

mead tastes like butt.
no wonder only fags love it so.

got me a chuckle

this

Islay scotch

>Muh smoke

Fucking faggots the lot you are

craft beer in general
i'm in rural georgia with very little craft beer
went to a bar that didn't sell liquor and asked for a beer with a high alcohol content
tasted no different to me than 211 but came to find out they charged 7 dollars a pop for these retarded ipas
yeah some ipas taste pretty good but the reason craft beer has taken off isn't because they're great but because they're extremely marketable
alcohol as a class symbol is fucking stupid in general though

>only fags like mead

Yeah, those Vikings were a bunch of girlish numales.

holy fuck the butthurt

Nigga it's a fucking smoked rum drink and the presentation is fun. They're not using shit tier rum from what I can tell and they're adding smoke themselves for freshness. I wouldn't go to this cocktail bar to get trashed, you go to have a good time and try interesting drinks with your friends.

Unless you don't have any friends user. If you're that bitter about life and people having more things than you I encourage you to do some meditation and think about where your life went wrong that you're complaining about skillfully executed, well thought out beverages over the internet.

>tryhard

I've had a five gallon barrel going in my closet about a month now.

Literally the easiest shit to make, cheap, tastes good, gets you drunk, feel like a Viking on weekends after shooting guns and bows and getting rowdy with the gang.

The strawberry shit is a little gay. I make mine with apples, ginger, cinnamon and cloves.

Step it up, user.

I have nothing against meed but god you are just reinforcing op's point.

what is this?
looks like nectar

Only OP's point is that OP is a fag.

It's wine that's been made from fermented honey and (sometimes) fruit.

Most of what's sold in stores is pretty weak but it's not hard to make your own and it's easy to yield 15-20% abv if you make it yourself

why though? it's just fermented honey

Pay no mind. He's just so insecure that an alcoholic beverage triggers him.

>why though?

It's popular among hipsters. Or at least it was, I don't know any currently so I'm not sure if it's still fedora-approved or not. Mead used to be a very obscure thing, which is probably why the hipsters got into it in the first place.

>implying

When not being an insecure faggot and doing shit you enjoy comes naturally it's not something you have to TRY to do

Also from GA but not the sticks. Don't buy craft beer in a bar the upcharge is disgusting. I can get 12 oz of a more 'premium' >10%abv beer, even imports, at my local liquor store for 6 bucks max. Singles of

Seira Nevada Torpedo. All that fucking hoppes. Why?

There's nothing about OP's "point" that stands up either historically or with respect to the people brewing mead today. It's just once again, a basement dwelling individual who hates the fact that people are breaking away from the garbage food and drink culture perpetuated by mega corporations since WWII. Individual creativity, competition and choice are now an evil in the Land of Megacorporate Freedom. 30 years ago, there were only a handful of people in the US that even knew what mead was. But lets go back to limiting our knowledge of food and drink because it hurts the bottomline of mcdicks and budweiser.

I don't know how to tell you this user, but Vikings haven't been around since the 11th century, and you don't magically become one because you drink shitty-ass mead.

looks pretty cool desu

latching on to something as pathetic as drinking just to create some sort of """manly""" identity is not normal

Girls have butts too though. Also mead can be pretty good. I prefer it to champagne desu.

water

MD20-20

I'd say wine. Especially when shitty 20 something year olds buy grocery store wine and act all high and mighty about it

Probably Fernet. Not saying it isn't great, but It fits the urban drinking tryhard demographic on the head.

>vikings

A lot of IPAs are bitter and that's it. Properly made IPAs include the hops later in the brewing process so that the intricate flavors are extracted instead of the just the vegetal bitterness. I haven't had a torpedo in like 2 years so i don't remember how that one really is. Nonetheless, there are definitely IPAs that taste like glasses of orange and lime juice with no bitterness. It's just such a trendy and popular style of beer now, that many breweries don't execute it well. However, plenty of people do like tongue scraper west coast IPAs for their bitterness.

>mfw the only alcohol I own is fernet

>tryhard from MD
>not posting Sagmore, Rye from the CEO of Under Armor and Sagmore Realty

>thattu be 500 dorrarus purus tippu :^)

Fuck you

I get you if you're talking about ones like Octomore where it's DUDE PEAT LMAO, but normal Islay smoke is fucking delicious.

>feel like a Viking on weekends after shooting guns and bows and getting rowdy with the gang.

You're drinking faggy sweet honey wine.

Do you know why Vikings drank it? It's because there was nothing else. They wouldn't have had it if they had alternatives.

they had ale too

I fucking HATE IPAs.

They taste like shitty fucking hops and I'm 99% sure it's Americans pushing the meme of making them as undrinkable as possible.

Thank you. IPAs are trash tier beer and hops should be a minor ingredient.

enjoy your flavorless cheap shitty lager

Most of them are pandering to people who think "more hops + more bitter = more good". Some people only drink them to show how bitter of a drink they can consume, which is the only thing that makes someone a tryhard. If you legitimately enjoy something then drink it and it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

There are two kinds of bitterness though. One is just a bitter flavor but it mostly stays in your mouth and it doesn't create the "this is bad, get it out of your mouth" reaction. The other kind makes your stomach feel bitter. Most IPA's seem to be the latter. I've had one IPA that was drinkable and pleasant though, you just have to find one that's made by people who want to make a good IPA and not ones who just want to cram as much bitterness and hops as possible into a bottle.

>Bitter things taste bad to real adults, just like me!

>Mr. Bartender, please fetch me your finest cider.

That's literally the reason why I hate IPAfags

It's like the mead thing where there's some sort of insecurity that people who drink it think they're manly for drinking something that tastes objectively bad (bitterness sets off your poison receptors).

I like literally every type of beer apart from IPA (and sour I suppose), because it takes the most irrelevant part of beer and turns it up to 11 for no reason.

>vodka martini
>shaken, not stirred

Not all bitterness is the same though. Bitterness does not inherently equal bad.

I just like bitter and sour drinks.

Joking aside, cider is fine, but if you can't handle any drink that isn't sweet, you shouldn't talk shit on other flavor profiles that other people enjoy.

>Cider
>Exclusively sweet

You've obviously only had shitty cider then. Or maybe just American stuff. There are a whole lot of ciders (in the UK at least) which are barely sweet at all.

>Or maybe just American stuff.
All of our mead and cider is as sweet as soda. It's disappointing, but easy to make dry versions of those at home.

t. redditor

?

Mead was very rare and usually reserved for the elite/festivities in snownigger land, most people drank ale/beer like the rest of Europe.

Meads aren't necessarily sweet, there's plenty of dry meads that don't have a touch of sugar left in them

the vikings didn't look down on actual wine when they could get it either, granted far from everyone could since it had to be imported but they sure didn't mind if they did.

fuck off satan you dumbass

>They wouldn't have had it if they had alternatives.

Wow, thanks Skolnïr. Didn't realize we had one of Lief Erikson's crew on Veeky Forums.

oil

Sometimes I forget why I, like most people, have a negate attitude towards mead, then I remember guys like this I used to know in college, who have to make every alcoholic beverage into an autistic renfaire cosplay act.

That, and the fact that mead just isn't very good.

Although in complete fairness I sometimes order tej at the Ethiopian place which I suppose is probably the equivalent of going for Sushi while dressed as Yojimbo and screaming "頂きます" at the waiter. But I have been to Japan whereas I have yet to visit Ethiopia, so I don't feel quite as ridiculous being culturally oblivious, although I probably should.

having tej with ethiopian food makes sense though--that'd be like having a german beer with a sausage and sauerkraut or any other combo of a culture's food+drink

drinking mead by itself seems weird though, unless you're eating viking food or something. there are so many better options for alcohol

Does it though? I mean certainly in Germany that combo is expected, but by no means an everyday food in modern life (except if you're some Bavarian yokel), but in some countries alcohol and dining isn't necessarily a given. For all I know tej is something reserved for men drinking in shady drinking dens. Like the way Mexicans traditionally drink pulque. But I like to project my own relationship with alcohol on other cultures, so even if it's a ridiculous combo, as long as I'm oblivious I'll make the pairing until I find out otherwise.

>Nigger
Go back to /pol/

The reason you don't like mead is because you, like 95% of americans, know nothing about it. They can be dry, semi-dry, sweet or anything in between; they can be still or sparkling; they can contain fruits, herbs or spices in any combination. Like a typical closed minded american, you tried a sweet mead that may even have been pourly executed and said, "I hate all mead."

I brew my own, as well as beer and wines. And no, homebrewing is not "cosplay," you insufferable ignorant trash.

Sorry, should I have said LARPing instead of cosplay? What's your preferred term for pretending to be a viking? Historical reenactment seems a bit generous

If it wasn't from grorious Nippon you'd be shitting all over it.

Where do you think you are nigger?

On a cookery board and not another embarrassing "alt right" circlejerk?

Yeah I was actually on your side up until
>insufferable ignorant trash

I just have to accept that one of my favorite drinks is beloved by tryhard faggots.

>youtu.be/GUnzzjthwkI

Get to the gym, manlet.

G A Y B O Y
A
Y
B
O
Y O U F U C K I N G F A G G O T

Retard.

Lurk moar, newfag.

If it wasn't from grorious Nippon you'd be jacking off over how it just shows how they don't make it like they used to and that feel when you don't have that at your local bar and you were born in le wrong decade and SJWs is why all the drinks you know about are strawberry vodkatinis

>tfw your state is grey

Looking at their descendants in Sweden, yeah I'd have to agree, just a bunch numales

Fuck off David and stop shilling TM

MD20-20 is hoodrat as fuck, how is it tryhard?

just leave.

Yes they were.

>not actually knowing anything about vikings.

tfw you can't even say nigger on Veeky Forums anymore with out a bunch of ass blasted people replying

iktf, sad times we live in friendo

gg

They're kids brought up in the era of safe space horseshit

I once was drinking beer at my favorite sports bar but i was getting pretty bloated so i wanted to switch to something stronger. So i order a dirty martini. Bartender says "uhh we dont have vermouth but i can bring you a double of gin with some olive juice" friends made fun of me and i felt like a tryhard faggot 100%

>ordering anything other than canned beer or well liquor mixed with hfcs fizz at a sports bar
should have asked him for an order of duck rilettes au gelee de sauternes while you were at it, you flamer

Well this isnt just any sports bar. They have over 60 craft beers on tap at any given time and they are constantly getting switched out for new brews

White girls like it because it makes them look like bad bitches but they're just dumb bitches with bad drank.

>over 60 craft beers
Sounds like a sports bar m8
Just because they now have avocado on the hot dogs doesn't change the picture

Yeah but my point was this isnt some divey place with 4 domestics and 2 imports on tap

If they have 60 beers it's not a place to order a cocktail where the quality of the ingredients is so nakedly exposed

Fuck off, this is pretty cool.

>All of our mead and cider is as sweet as soda.
Objectively false. I can buy plenty of American brewed ciders and meads that are dry as a bone.

Probably was the same guy samefagging.

hm. you make a good point. can't say i'd ever heard of tej until i read your post but it seems like a good fit. the issue here seems to be whether or not people get cunty with their drink/food choices. you are not one of those people, so there's no need to worry about it afaik

I haven't found any, even after going to a large dedicated alcohol store. They only had sweet dessert meads, and the ciders they had that were "lightly sweet" were as sweet as sodas. Might just depend on where you live, unless you're specifically ordering those things.

what precisally is this thing?