ITT post your dad's favorite author

ITT post your dad's favorite author

Stephen King and Dean Koontz
No bully pls.

>tfw dad doesn't read but just sits and watches Hitler/WW2/history channel shit all day

Is your dad Tony Soprano?

War of the Worlds is his favorite book, but he can't decide on a favorite author. It's between the classic sci-fi guys like Asimov, Wells, Bradbury, etc.

Sadly, no.

Same. Pretty comfy desu. He also hates jews but we're hispanic so it's not racist

I am proud of my father

>tfw watching documentaries with dad in silence is the comfiest feel
I miss it. He's not... the easiest dude, but I really use to enjoy that. Especially when we started watching astronomy stuff. Every thursday, we'd all just silently show up in the living room and watch it together.

>dad's favorite author Is louis l'amour
>I buy him a copy if blood meridian
>he read like 2 pages and gave up

Elizabeth Clare Prophet

He also loves watching Holocaust survivor documentaries. He's utterly fascinated by Hitler but is disgusted with the Nazis.
It's a whole 'White Noise' situation, I reckon.

>tfw my dad talks through everything

Bit tiring. He doesn't expect an answer though, which is nice.

>>tfw my dad talks through everything
my best friend's dad does this. A constant stream of noise. "What? No way! Is that possible? That's amazing. Can you believe it?" Even if you BEG him to stop he won't.

I have no idea why, as he's reasonably well-read.
Even if he doesn't read that much literature anymore, I would expect him to like better authors. He didn't even like Céline.

Some guy named Vonné Geht.

Why do old guys like Bukowski so much.

Just like when blacks assault gay people.

tfw I only ever see my dad reading Nelson DeMille

As an adult my dad read non-fiction almost exclusively, but shared his childhood love of the old pulps (Burroughs, Smith, Howard) with all of us kids

how dose your dad's poops smell?

Karl May and C.S. Forester

>how dose your dad's poops smell?
>how dose your dad's
>how dose

but you already did

>When your dad becomes a high paid executive because he feels insecure about his own father having sex with men and dying from AIDS
>When you're dad flies all over the country closing deals and buying you a private education and a Mercedes-Benz
>When you're dad gets cancer because his immune system was repressed from all the time zone changes and lack of sleep
>When this was his favorite author
>Tfw Ayn Rand killed my dad

Charles Bukowski or Patrick O'Brian, dunno.

>When your dad becomes a high paid executive because he feels insecure about his own father having sex with men and dying from AIDS

Wat

Damn, jetlag was his HIV.

What path are you taking, user?

I'm making posts for my own sake I don't care about your ability to comprehend statements I've made with no context.

For a bit I was going to follow his shame and go into business. Then I discovered cocaine, had a lot of gay and straight sex, pushed my banking account into the gutter.

Working night shifts at a bondage shop and teaching yuppies how to evaluate the quality of a flogger. Just trying to make enough money to go to a new city and leave behind past baggage.

God speed user

Thanks buddy

Either this dude or Hunter S. Thompson

Just out of curiosity, who's your favorite author?

Burroughs. Idealized the punk movement as a kid so I stared reading him because I knew he was sleeping with a guitarist in Television or something. He's one of those authors I read when I didn't have the skills or experience to grasp him so he remains a benchmark of my intelligence/comprehension.

>tfw my dad watches anything that his one favourite channel plays because all the other channels are "lefty bullshit"

He doesn't even care if its a bridal program, if that channel plays it, it's worth watching.

hemmingway. my dad is a pussy tho so its all to make him feel better

you guys got cool dads my dad's favorite is this guy

i don't think my father can even read.

>Fiction
Steinbeck
>Non-Fiction
Taleb

Vonnegut and PKD

His son's potassium deficiency will be his multiple sclerosis

I love my father.

Also OP, have you read much of Tom Clancy? I read Rainbow Six years ago and liked it, but from others I've spoken to that have read more Tom Clancy they said his other books aren't that great. Not bad by any means but sort of a downhill thing. Is that true?

kek

He has pretty good taste