About to go here

about to go here
what should I get?

Fake olive oil, freezer burned chinese tilapia, nasty organic "health snacks" made from some grade D version of superfood-of-the-week (maca root? goji berries? algae?) that whole foods and costco opted not to buy, and maybe some terrible wine in those flimsy shatter-prone bottles loaded with arsenic

well I won't need to pick up any salt after the load you just dumped

Buy their white cheeto puffs, delicious snack without calories!

herpes from unprotected gay sex

Japanese style fried rice
Soy creamy cherry chocolate chip ice cream
Tofurky hickory smoked deli slices
Vegetable gyoza
Meatless meatballs
Pizza dough
Marshmallows
Miyoko's butter
Puffins cereal
Dried sliced bananas
Pineapple salsa

you're so poor it's hilarious

I live in NYC and trader joe's is cheaper than my local grocery store. Why is that?

I'm poor because I have standards? In your mind, how does that work?

Wine, vodka, cheese. Not a fan of their produce or meat because it always seems bland and old.

Their version of Oreo cookies is good if you're a fatty

The mango flavor is really unique and interesting but not for everyone

They have the fun meme flavors around the holidays too

fpbp

is this... a reference?

i like their reduced calorie pink lemonade, salt free tortilla chips, sesame bagels, lowfat organic cultured cottage cheese, sugar snap peas, sabra style hummus, lowfat pita chips, whole wheat pita bread, crumpets, sourdough english muffins, sourdough bread, french part whole wheat sourdough half round, and my cats love the fish shaped kitty treats.

Faggot
The post

cheese is good and cheap
produce sucks
ginger cookies
nuts are good and cheap
frozen naan
mochi ice cream

coconut cashews. very tasty.

costco sells one that also has chocolate, but that's too decadent.

Everything they have has soy and is full of gay ass nu male hipsters. Shop at costco or any other normal market, albertons, vons, ralphs etc

A bunch of those $3 bottles of wine.
Maybe one of their premade wraps.

And cat liter

Get their sea salt brownies, or the chocolate chip cookie sandwiches, or cheese/cheese puffs/cheese crackers.

Been a long time since I actually ate their food.

Because for the most part you are paying for entirely store brand stuff. They have a decent store brand but they save money not having to pay for the brand name products.

A Pound Plus milk chocolate bar with almonds

Get those ice cream filled mochi things

green tea and mango

ignore everything else

Kroger has MUCH better generic/fake OREOS. TJ's are too thick/dense and not in a good way.

>implying you should spend 5x the price to get a huge quantity when you only need/want a couple

Their frozen pizzas are top tier. Get some gorilla munch.

Vinegar potato chips.

M E A T B A L L S

my local traders joe has a dozen eggs for a dollar! which is quite a good deal in my opinion! maybe yours has some nice deals too (:

it's mostly shitty prepared foods and snack garbage though

Trader Joe's started in Pasadena as a specialty wine, cheese and dried goods grocery, and that's still what they do best. Wine/Beer/Liquor, Cheese, Nuts and Dried Fruits are their best products. They also have bomb ass potato and tortilla chips. Frozen foods and sauces are generally good to great. The fresh produce is mid-tier. It's not great quality, but it is mostly organic, so you don't have to worry about pesticides etc. Their non edibles, like soaps, cleaning supplies and shampoos are mostly garbage, but they make really fuckin' nice toilet paper.

You'll save money on most products compared to other regular sized grocery stores because TJs mostly produces and sells only its own branded products. Their R&D on this is a bit shady--they invite small mom and pop, farmer's market type vendors into their store, test their products out for a time, and then either buy out their recipe or deconstruct them in their labs and reissue the product under their own label.

Soycutash

>because TJs mostly produces and sells only its own branded products

Not really. They private label, which means the products are made by someone else and have "Trader Joe's...." slapped on them. When I worked there, some of the boxes the items came in had the original packaging from the manufacturer. Some products were made by well known companies but not all.

They are the cheapest supplier of nuts for me.
Their natty pb is very good, much more liquid so good for mixing into things.
They have the best shredded wheat.

I think that's about it. If they weren't an hour and a half away I might shop there more.

Best frozen food idea ever.

that's how i felt. I tried the machta green tea ones and everytime i would bite into one the filling would just ooze out of the sides. weren't too bad but I don't need them again.

Apocryphal Pita

wish they could have just made those unsalted and let people add their own seasoning

a full liter?

Their soaps are fuckin amazing you moron. Take that back before I come over there and beat ur ass

Every time i go there i see some nice packaging and try something new but always end up disappointed. I just stick to buying the nuts and butters. The cookie butter is very good

Shout out to these as well, and the sweet organic yellow corn is 11/10, best corn ive ever had

kek

I like the toffee covered in chocolate and pistachios. Great stuff.

They discontinued the sardines in harissa, easily the best tasting sardines around and cheap to boot. They'll taste my blade for that.

I second this.
Also their ice cream sandwiches.

Best prices on good cheese and wine
Mango yogurt gummies
Cranberry coconut granola
Bulgogi beef roast
Mango macarons

I use their tea tree shampoo, body wash etc. it makes your balls tingle quite nicely and smells amazing.

Damn, I didn't see these last time I was there. Didn't realize they were gone.

A Job.

I like the cookie butter they make. I can't speak for anything else though.

>tfw a fucking leaf

CHICKEN DUMPLINGS

only correct answer in this thread

fuck trader joes

>Their R&D on this is a bit shady--they invite small mom and pop, farmer's market type vendors into their store, test their products out for a time, and then either buy out their recipe or deconstruct them in their labs and reissue the product under their own label.
If mom and pop buckle and sell, it's all peachy keen, but if they don't they just steal their ideas from them. Really not cool.
So they're parasites, basically. Good to know. Thanks for the expose', user.

i went to a trader joe's once in NYC, whoever designed the layout of that store was a jackass, i couldn't find anything and neither could any of the employees.

Probably you mistook it for a grocery store. It's basically an oversized convenience store selling gas station "treats" to NYU students living away from grownups for the first time in their lives.

>numale hipsters defending trader joe's
>numale hipsters disparaging trader joe's
an endless cycle, this website

Mochi ice cream
"Mediterranean" hummus
Frozen naan (if you are going to make curry any time soon)

There, I just listed everything that is worth buying from TJs.

dried pineapple rings, strawberry fruit bars, frozen chicken tikka masala + garlic naan

potstickers are pretty good too, speaking as a chinese kid

>normal people have a broad spectrum of opinions, sometimes inconsistent with one another, and can somehow manage without shrieking "cuck" at one another
>this makes the alt-right uncomfortable
Retreat to your monochrome white supremacist containment board, pepe

bottle of Dr. Bronner's liquid peppermint castile soap

take a hot shower and use it on your balls

Don't do this, I tried it and my balls started to vent mustard gas

They have the best ginger snap cookies!

Lol, I think that's the most buttblasted post I've read today. You need some diaper rash cream? Maybe a baby bottle full of scalded milk?

I'm not a disgusting mentally impaired vegan, but I was with you until you said fucking tofurky and meatless meatballs. You disgusting pig.
Also, Miyoko's butter is delicious, and vegetable potstickers are the best kind.
Disgusting vegans........

Not them but honestly everything they listed is tasty as fuck. Don't have to be vegan to enjoy it.

They're the only place in town that has Clif bars for 99c.

who is this?

just got some of this for the first time last week but havent opened it yet

also enjoy the unsalted peanut butter and other various unsalted nuts

Havarti with dill cheese, pre-made salads are good and reasonable, frozen won ton soups, a few of the pizzas, pita crackers

Their kale and edamame salad is one of the only salads I actually enjoy eating. Usually not a salad person, but it's a really nice treat.

For snacks the unpopped/partially popped popcorn (can't remember what they call it) and giant Inca corn are excellent

frozen pork belly

Yea, they're reasonably priced and have some interesting options. I used to get that salad a lot as well. I used to swing by there if i needed lunch for work in a pinch.

Black bean dip.

Milk, butter and eggs are cheap and good quality. I like the ThreeBuckChuck Cab. A lot. Bananas are good and cheap. Limes are good quality and semi-cheap. Outside of those items I'd shop elsewhere, like at Wal-Mart if you have one that has a grocery department.

this

also ghost pepper chips

The frozen steak and ale pies there are delicious, so are there frozen appetizers like the mac&cheese balls and the chicken parm on a stick things, the frozen curry TV dinner things are really good also, everything else is pretty meh tbqh

This is true

I like Trader Joe's Oreos better than Oreos. Especially the candy cane ones around the holidays.

they have a really good selection of wine and liquor. much better than your average grocery, if still inferior to specialty stores

>frozen
Steak and ale pies
Potstickers
Their gnocchi is pretty good for a "fuck-it" diner
>snacks
White cheddar puffs are basically tasty air
The sour cream and onion ones are p good too
Coconut strips > coconut chips
Those extra crispy chocolate chip cookies

>Live in the city
>No car
>Only two choices for groceries are Trader Joes or Whole Foods

Trader Joes is just fine. Everything there is good, and the fresh vegetables and fruit are no different than what you get elsewhere.

I miss Publix.