How the fuck you survive uni? I had my first day in school (STEM ofc) and it was already depressing as fuck

How the fuck you survive uni? I had my first day in school (STEM ofc) and it was already depressing as fuck.

I'm just gonna start day drinking

I'm sitting in my car because I don't have anything to do for an hour and a half but I don't want to lose my parking spot. This is greeeeaaaaat.

Think that you are now on the way to be above of 80% of the world population.

But why is it depressing ? Is it too hard ?

not op, but in that room full of engineers I felt like the biggest loser there.

>it was already depressing as fuck.
Why?

yeah and in the top 0.5% best ranking universities.That just means that people expect more in the future.

There is just nothing to do. Science has gone so far that there is nothing interesting or significant to do. The whole "party and connect" system is for people who are already successful and that does not include me.

Gosh, why the fuck did I even apply.

>Science has gone so far that there is nothing interesting or significant to do
dumba$$

i think he means technological impact on our daily lives and contributing something halfway meaningful instead of finding a new way to market pringles made of toxic waste to a bunch of suckers.
of course it's probably not true, but there is a widening cliff between the people dictating the future and those being more or less useless, and the pressure to arrive at the other side is a lot to handle.

find a gf. without a gf, uni is impossible. I almost killed myself my first two years until I started getting my dicked sucked every other day. a girl's wet mouth is the best path to academic success.

Exactly.

Most likely me like most others will end up in some safe job in some midrange revenue company and spend time there doing some small adjustments, fixing other people's mistakes and drinking coffee.

Even if one invents something new or revolutionary it will probably be forgotten in year if not less.

I'd love to but I haven't never been even close to a relationship and chances getting a gf are measured in per millions.

>chances getting a gf are measured in per millions
only now that I am out of college and not constantly around thousands of horny young girls (in your class, many of which are virgins) with every excuse to talk to get to know them do I see how fucking retarded that mindset is

it's a bit like being nervous for giving a speech in high school but maybe you're still too close to that. man... just saying... if I could be where you are now

Parking at my university is a complete and utter joke, so I would never leave my spot, I just spend hours sitting in the halls shitposting on Veeky Forums in between classes

I just let them go because there are better catches for them out there. I even sometimes mentally try to think some good pairs and if given a possibility try to make that pairing happen for the hypothetical couple

I am pretty convinced given my years of life that no serious relationship works and only fwb-style things are more for the hip and the cool. Also getting a girlfriend requires that your life is in rather good condition or even casual and not ripped apart without hobbies or friends.

But who is to judge. Maybe there is some higschool-level underage-grade thinking going on too.

>Science has gone so far that there is nothing interesting or significant to do.

That is probably the stupidest thing I have ever read on this board. I'd say stupidest on this site but /x/ exists. Get a better handle on reality you daft double-plus tard.

At the individual level it holds, just saying.

how the fuck do you stupid pieces of shit have time to shitpost between classes/just sit in your fucking car? go study and do your work/read ahead in the chapters of your classes. get ahead on your work.

what the fuck am I reading

No it doesnt. 15 years ago, I couldn't imagine having a phone that's as powerful as some laptops with dsl or better Internet everywhere I go.

In another 15 years, we could say massively automated systems, giving us more access to better services.

Yes augmented reality, men on mars, flying electric cars and so on. The point is your contribution will be small. Even your whole family's input is near nothing. also bear in mind that all these 'advances' comes great security risks and reliance only on the most modern services.

I suppose from his current perspective it might, but he is naive. If he's just started his undergrad then he knows so little about science and technology that he cannot currently fathom the state of science and how far it's gone and, more importantly, how far it can go. He cannot even imagine what sort of advances are possible and what will have a large impact. He doesn't know anywhere near enough to even know what could be interesting.

He does not have the knowledge to support that claim. He's welcome to make it and believe it, but if he wasn't so shortsighted he'd realize that he cannot support it with anything other than misplaced feelings.

>work at the beginning of the semester
Maybe it's because I'm undergrad but hue anyways