THRESHOLD EDITIONS CANCEL BOOK DEAL

>Conservative group cancels speech by Yiannopoulos
archive.is/k52vV

>Highlights
Simon & Schuster and its Threshold Editions imprint announced that "after careful consideration" they had pulled the book, for which pre-orders placed it high on Amazon.com's best-seller lists.

The subject of intense controversy from the start, "Dangerous" was originally scheduled to come out in March. But Yiannopoulos pushed back the release to June so he could write about the protests during his recent campus tour, including a cancelled appearance at the University of California, Berkeley.

At the time of his publisher's decision Monday, "Dangerous" ranked No. 83 on Amazon's overall list and No. 1 in the subcategory of "Censorship & Politics."

Simon & Schuster did not offer any specific reason for pulling "Dangerous."

More than 100 Simon & Schuster authors had objected to his book deal, which was announced last December, and Roxane Gay withdrew a planned book. Some bookstores had said they would not sell it, although the National Coalition Against Censorship and other free speech organizations had defended the publisher.

Threshold is a conservative imprint that has published books by President Donald Trump, who has defended Yiannopoulos, and former Vice President Dick Cheney, among others.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/113460155/#113460155
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

literally, who cares?
this just look like shitty walmart momcore

Anyone who reads trash non-fiction by political hacks does not belong on this board. I was talking to a qt who told me she loved history. I asked her about some recent history works and she told me about pic related.

Fucking.
Dropped.

Maybe he can self publish on Amazon.

they should fire the designer, holy fuck my eyes

>Notices Bulge OWO What's This

>Simon & Schuster
The 60's called, they want their publishing house back.

when will these people realize that shutting his stuff down only bolsters his appeal?

It was an inside job. The neocons and even the rest of Breitbart staff have turned on Milo. It's a deliberate attempt to set him up as a girardian scapegoat of some sort in order to redeem the Trump administration.

I had heard about him getting blown up at campuses, then I watched him on Bill Maher, and frankly, I'm over him. If I want to hear shit like that Sam Harris being political is enough for me.

When we people realize that by reading widely you can form your own opinions without being a follower of twitter whores.

Milo is a scapegoat. Ann Coulter is much more fash than milo and her audience is at least 10x Milo's. The 'alt right' has outlived its usefulness. it has no place in the new symbolic order of things, ie. neoReaganism Cold War on Terror: the Gipper Strikes Back

/pol/ already knew this was coming.

Fuck him and get off Veeky Forums breitbart shill.

Just because he wrote a book doesn't mean is literature.....nigger probably used a ghost writer.

>milos "poetry"

Pedo apologist deserves caustic soda rammed up his ass

So, when are Burroughs, Verlaine, Nabokov, Celine, and Ginsberg going to be pulled off shelves?

Milo is a product of "msm". They successfully dumbed people down to the extent that they use celebrities instead of academics, journalists, novelists etc for their worldview.

If it wasn't for the ((msm)) Milo would be sucking dick in an alleyway or working in Barnes and nobles.
Hypocrisy

Stop blaming the media. Academics, journalist and novelists did it to themselves, specially Academics, they became so unrelatable and detached from reality its pure agony when said media tries to bring them centre stage.

When they become opportunistic trolls who write extraordinarily, instead of just plain bad-books.

Don't compare Milo to them you guilible, illiterate pleb.

Killing the Rising Sun>Killing Patton

Get off this board

Nope. (((Msm))) has been systematically dumbing the bewildered herd down so that plebs like Milo seem like plausible social commentators.

Do you expect quantum physicists to be relatable to your average retard? Then why humanity professors?

If an adult spends a lifetime restricted to a diet of crushed pears and applesauce why would you expect them to understand spinoza?.......there's nothing new in plebs not being able to understand words with more than two syllables. It's not a recent conspiracy

You have to go back to where you came from......

>Why aren't academics running this country?!
>Academic bumbles around on stage for 5 minutes before getting absolutely fucking destroyed a has-been politician
>Debate is cut early to give the academic time to hang himself before people start laughing at him on twitter
>fucking spinoza REEEEE

>Anyone who reads trash non-fiction by political hacks does not belong on this board.
I'm going to assume that you don't mean Vidal

Of course not.

please dont tell chris hitchens

Calling Vidal a "hack" would be disrespectful. He was very well-read and thoughtful. Orders of magnitude better than the morons we have commentating today.

You have a containment board....Milo isn't Veeky Forums...despite his cringeworthy cv (which was written as an adult.....not a teen)

I'm a big Vidal fan.

seems pretty Veeky Forums to me

no one on Veeky Forums wants to read this lowbrow pseud garbage anyway. please go back to your containment board

®The only tried and true way to kill any career: defend sexual relations with children. In the words of Always Sunny in Philadelphia; "No one comes back from banging kids except the Catholic church"
It's a msm conspiracy lol......who cares if or was. Fuck him.he had nothing to say.

>mother in law gets this shit
>suggest that she might enjoy something with a bit better provenance
>suggest Samuel Huntington, easy to read an ideologically on the same page as her as far as Islam.
>She reads he votes democrat on wikipedia and refuses to read "liberal trash"

I read Brietbart is considering cutting ties with him as well. You know it's bad when even Brietbart is having second thoughts about you.

He dun goofed

>"No one comes back from banging kids except the Catholic church"
>implying

then leave

Shut up you fuckin' nerd faggot.

I'd like to make sex with Ann Coulter

>one month into the administration
>already needs a scapgoat

>tfw ideological purity =/= competance

>>ideological purity
>someone out there thought this

Granted not the majority of people but still.

yeah because publishing houses pull books from shelves because they're badly written

holy shit im reading the expanse right now

kys

You want to put your dick in rotten jello?

The Bill O'Reilly History Books are actually pretty good for what it's worth just don't expect them to be critical history classics.

>I have an addiction to jazz-funk
Why even put this on a CV? Jesus

stop

>Do you expect quantum physicists to be relatable to your average retard? Then why humanity professors?
They're dealing with subjects important to the conscious experience of everyday life, and their work may go on to influence policy relating to everyday life. Because of that, humanities academics shouldn't act so surprised when people resent them for their work.

I would too but I'm kind of scraping the barrel over here.

They shut his book deal down because he's a-ok with pedo NAMBLA shit. Do you not read the news?

>They're dealing with subjects important to the conscious experience of everyday life, and their work may go on to influence policy relating to everyday life
That's not exclusive to humanities academics, user. They aren't special.

He wanted it to be cancelled in order to get more attention. He's just ripping off Tucker Max. Stop responding to shill threads.

What is unique is the contempt for the general population that exudes their work and their lack of meaningful attempts to make engage with them.

They're welcome to do it, and some of their work might even require it. They just shouldn't complain when they're misunderstood or when misinformation about their work is readily accepted by the public.

I see no misunderstanding, the public accepts their work and academics don't complain about that. I don't get why they should engage the public more. Do you mean going on talk shows and the like?

I bet it'd be like fucking an ice swan; cold, still, completely silent.

I'm willing to bet her style of fucking is "lay there and stare at the ceiling without moving".

People don't realize Trump IS the deep state. Over time he has conformed more to them, not the other way around. The deep state is factional though (James Comey forced by pro-Trump CIA into hurting Hillary before the election, anti-Trump CIA forcing Flynn to resign)

>(((they))) are doing a divide & conquer tactic to confuse /pol/ over a literally who faggot
>/pol/ follows (((their))) plan anyway
What a bunch of retards.
/pol/ should be doing more raidfaggotry instead of fighting because of a shit book.

>I see no misunderstanding, the public accepts their work and academics don't complain about that
Then why have bizarre interpretations of Marxism and postmodernism managed to pervade the thought of half of the political spectrum? It is part of the reason some hack like Milo gets so popular.
>I don't get why they should engage the public more.
I think the public is entitled to know about the work powerful institutions do about things relevant to their conscious everyday experience. It is also necessary to combat the anti-intellectualism that is so prevalent (and entirely justified because of the relation of the general public to academia and the educational system) in our culture.
>Do you mean going on talk shows and the like?
I don't know how it should be done. That's the tough part.

Let's not forget that humanities academics are not social workers who need to engage with the public in a meaningful manner in order to do their work, they are social scientists that publish papers that are readily available to the public.
I agree that something needs to be mended and that fighting anti-intellectualism is key. I can't blame the academics themselves for their isolation from society because I think the disconnection may be a product of the educational system itself.

Do you want his dick in your ass?
Looks like Will Self with a cheap wig.

Gotta love how journalist and publication companies have no understanding of bipartisanship. You have to wonder what muckrakers like Upton Sinclair would say about modern media's yellow journalism and censorship.

His contention with Norman Mailer was a beautiful thing to read and watch. Tbh I think he was jealous that Mailer was such a fucking alpha who scrapped with Rip Torn but still wrote like an angel.

MILO SHILL THREADS ARE VIRAL MARKETING
YOU ARE BEING PLAYED

thisssss

I always find the lefts fear of debate funny

What are they so scared of?

>Let's not forget that humanities academics are not social workers who need to engage with the public in a meaningful manner in order to do their work, they are social scientists that publish papers that are readily available to the public.
I don't think availability is the best type of engagement that would be helpful. The public doesn't have the tools to engage with it directly, and there are many people out there who are able to spin it in a way that is compelling enough that people are willing to believe it. there
s probably a point where engaging with the public would distract them from their research, and that would be even worse. Perhaps we just need some major improvement in our public intellectuals.
>I agree that something needs to be mended and that fighting anti-intellectualism is key. I can't blame the academics themselves for their isolation from society because I think the disconnection may be a product of the educational system itself.
I agree. A high quality education is inaccessible to a so many people. The best way to fix these problems is major educational reform, and while that may happen under this administration, it won't be of the beneficial variety. I guess it is wrong to blame them, but there is more they could be doing, and everyone will need to do more in the next few years.

>off-topic thread on a literature board
>anons call the shill out
>B-but it's muh leftist boogeyman on Veeky Forums
kek how can you fags still think you're victimized?

That's a fake, the date waschanged to 19 instead of 20: archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/113460155/#113460155

FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS

Honestly disgusting to what lenghts you Milo faggots go to defend his disgusting ass

MILO THREADS ARE NOT ABOUT WHO'S RIGHT OR WRONG

THEY ARE JUST TO MAKE YOU THINK ABOUT MILO

DO NOT ENGAGE

fuck off milo you gay cunt

no one gives a shit about your stupid fucking book

How can I start with the Greeks when (((they))) won't even publish them?

The only thing dangerous about this faggot is that he might pass full blown AIDS on to his fellow faggots, but who really gives a shit about that

Foucault's going to be pissed he stole his schtick

I think you Foucault will be pleased that he proved his point.

Clearly you arent a regular here, there have been thoughtful, interesting discussions of Bannon and his philosophy and reading habits recently to the point where I can concede many of his concerns regarding traditionalism.

Milo's garbage isnt intellectual or literary. He should get a twitch channel and cook all day while spewing rhetoric, it would make him bank and appeal to his core audience..

I didn't know Milo had any actual skills. He's pretty patrician desu

>peripatetic flute
Fuck, I want to rape him even more now.

that would be the weirdest case of accusata scusata ever, and the medici did some fuck up shit bro

More like skin flute amirite

>not sure if Lucian reference or just 12
never change Veeky Forums

>/pol/ comes to bait Veeky Forums because one of their golden boys got savaged
>insults of genre fiction and trash non-fiction
>Discussion of Ginsberg
>Insights into Foucault: Power and AIDs
>/pol/:c-c-c-cucks...(?)

Never change Veeky Forums

Paedophilia is one of the last great taboos.

Lefties/Liberals go fucking mental over it to atone for their moral relativism in everything else.

When it comes up, it provides one of the few opportunities to 'prove' they have a spine.

>"liberals" are defined by moral relativism and get more triggered by pedos than anything else
What world do you live in. Progressives are moral relativists in name only, not in practice

I said "one of" the last great taboos. There are several others.

Setting aside gay marriage/open borders/etc, about which they're very dogmatic, they're bourgeois bohemians who will rationalize/excuse almost anything.

>didn't talk to a qt conservative waif

You do know she's easily manipulated then right? Like clay in your hands, you could have made her into a Veeky Forums loving woman with little effort.

You fucked up.

your pic related is a damn shame.
I'm not gay but Nick used to be quite the qt

How do you not? They're a company and it is totally normal for publishers who are working in political writing to focus on their sect of it when selection material to publish.

But that's not even why he was rejected, the publishing company agreed with him for the most part; otherwise why pretend a man who's only credential is "I annoyed people on twitter" has any ability to write a book? He represented their ideals and was newsworthy at the moment enough for it to sell. Heck, they probably especially want him for being gay, because every politically charged group is obsessed with diversity, admit it for not.

No, the reason his book was dropped was because of the kiddy fucking.

>used to be

underrated

I dont stick my dick in pleb and you shouldnt either

I truly don't get this "the left is morally relativistic" meme thing

Why not?

Socially they are, for the most part.

Lol no, they are pro-pedo. It's just a tool to tarnish Milo (for them, Milo is however revolting).

They are with respect to other cultures, they have allways fought judgement of other cultures as bad. They are moral relativists when it comes to muslims and blacks essentially.

>Salon

>pedos are okay

this is the conservative mind in action - if vaguely left people don't like something it must be right. next up, sticking your dick in a blender.

>Implying that's what he said

Besides, it's not conservatives fighting tooth and nail to get the age of consent lowered, never mind tolerating/promoting sex at younger and younger ages.