Veeky Forums I need your help nailing down a joke, this is very important

Veeky Forums I need your help nailing down a joke, this is very important.

The joke relies on four premises:

1. Virginia Woolf was a writer who often used elongated sentences and was more of a friend to the comma than the full stop
2. Full stops are called periods in some parts of the world
3. Virginia Woolf was a woman who menstruated
4. Menstruation is colloquially known as a period

Now how do I put this together?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Crosby
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Veeky Forums I need your help nailing down a joke
I already fuck your mom by myself last night

>mfw there's a world out there where people tell literary jokes with friends

sounds like some high-brow humor, worthy of referencing a literary great! i'm sure high brow readers who read woolf will get a kick out of it!

"I say, that Virginia Woolf was more of a friend to the comma than the full stop. All that pent-up rage from her absence of periods must have been why SHE DROWNED HERSELF IN A FUCKING RIVER"

Actually funny

too soon

>tfw to high-brow to appreciate jokes

he should put queef and fart jokes too XD

I actually giggled a little.

Was hers the most Veeky Forums form of suicide? I'm partial to Empedocles' myself. Throwing yourself into a volcano is pretty badass.

Hart Crane's suicide was particularly romantic if you're familiar with his poetry and his thoughts of the sea

>Hart Crane's suicide was particularly romantic if you're familiar with his poetry and his thoughts of the sea

Good call. Forgot about him.

What did Virginia Woolf say to her boyfriend as he was wolfing down her vagina?
good thing im not on my period, because, im, about, to, cummmma, and there would be the waves of blood gushing from here to the lighthouse, or land tho, at least mrs dalloway let us have this room of our own

lol

So shit but I love it.

Easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy, OP.

>Woolf's writing lacked periods as if it were going through menopause.

Now build off of that.

Woolf's writing lacked periods as if it were going through menopause,,,,,but never for too long,,,, and hey why it men o pause, anyway, cant we women have anything of our own, even our own friggin conditions? What is it supposed to be like,,,"oh,,,man,,,o,,,,men,,,,pause,,,,this could be it,,,,stay still men,,,,, this could be the home stretch,,,,the leaky spigot may soon be fixed,,," Its enough to make one want to scream, and throw things, and act erratic, irrational and like a crazy psycho bitch for no external reason at all even though I may blame my husband,,,,,
"bahh, go jump in a lake"
"dont tell me what to do!!!"

Hart Crane's buddy Harry Crosby had a pretty romantic suicide planned except he couldn't wait and killed his mistress and himself

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Crosby

>american style of telling jokes
pleb tier
>ill better shout at people so they know when to laugh, cause the joke itself isnt particulaary funny, it's maybe a bit absurd at best

Holy shit man... youre not gonna like to hear this... but....

First of all where are you from? I guess the only 2 options are German or South America (maybe austrailia, or England, or sweeden, finland, yada, but my gut was Germany or brazil/argentina)

It is one of those, funny because its not funny jokes. It has, misdirect. And it is 'dark' humor, like people are expecting to laugh at the punchline, but then the punchline is very stark and literally, bringing up the sad fact that she killed herself.

While also making sense with the joke. Using the classic, PUNCH line format, at the end of a joke.

Woolf, a whore, with such heavy flow and insatiable lust for length, worked maniacally between pages, and sheets, alike, becoming and creating, all at once a loose canon, incontainable by periods.

Fuck you for making me write that.

As opposed to a woman who didn't menstruate?

The problem with trying to make a joke out of women menstruating is that anybody above a 4th grade mentality will not find it funny.

The essence of the joke is the synthesis and juxtaposition of literary analysis and puerile observation. It's okay, lad, not everyone understands comedy.

"Virginia Woolf? That woman had more periods in her late twenties than in her complete works."

>mfw I tell them to mine but they don't really understand and just think i'm autistic

Wow, really killing the frog with this post.

"Dear Ted;
Already ate. Left you something in the oven.
Love, Sylvia."

For sale: periods, never used

What's an example of a menopausal novel?

Mrs Dalloway

Not the same poster but that's pretty Family Guy-tier

>Not the same poster but that's pretty Family Guy-tier
Oh, are you the guy from the Agency of Rating on a Scale from 1 to a 100 the Worthiness of Every Joke Posted on Lit?

The premise is too complex; how about:

-Did you know you can tell exactly when Virginia Woolf had her time of the month?
-She started to use periods.

That joke relies on all of OP's premises.

/thread

Ok, ok, ok, I had a giggle, a twinge of the diaphragm, a tickling of the larynx, and I'm not proud.

>Not the same poster but that's pretty Family Guy-tier
Which is an epic compliment, considering the show continues thousands and thousands and thousands of high quality jokes, while you could maybe spend a lifetime and come up with maybe 20 decent jokes?

lost

For over 36 hours we politely ignored that abortive attempt at humour but then you two chuckleheads showed up.