NASA plans to prevent Yellowstone Supervolcano from destroying the US

foxnews.com/science/2017/08/28/nasa-wants-to-prevent-yellowstone-super-volcano-from-destroying-us.html

Based NASA saving America.

Other urls found in this thread:

nps.gov/yell/learn/nature/volcanoqa.htm
foxnews.com/science/2017/08/28/nasa-wants-to-prevent-yellowstone-super-volcano-from-destroying-us.html
foxnews.com/us/2017/06/14/man-badly-burned-after-falling-into-yellowstone-hot-spring.html
extremetech.com/extreme/254665-nasas-3-5-billion-plan-keep-yellowstone-ever-erupting
iflscience.com/environment/what-would-happen-if-you-dropped-bomb-volcano/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If I drink that will I die?

>he believes NASA will save him

Why did the national park service lie?
nps.gov/yell/learn/nature/volcanoqa.htm
>What is Yellowstone National Park doing to prevent an eruption?
>Nothing can be done to prevent an eruption. The temperatures, pressures, physical characteristics of partially molten rock, and immensity of the magma chamber are beyond human ability to impact—much less control.

>drill holes to let out the heat
sure NASA

it's just hot water, the algae on the rocks is what makes the color
there might be sulfur in it though, so idk

Because they weren't culturally enlightened.

It would be extremely painful

>foxnews

KYS, OP.

>it's just hot water, the algae on the rocks is what makes the colorthere might be sulfur in it though, so idk

There is enough sulfur to make it a particularly dangerous cauldron of hot sulfuric acid.

Last guy to fall into one of these, they did not recover the body because there was really no way to do so faster than the body would be dissolved.

Would be a particularly horrible way to die.

>foxnews.com/science/2017/08/28/nasa-wants-to-prevent-yellowstone-super-volcano-from-destroying-us.html

OK, I read that. Is NASA, and I am asking this in all seriousness NASA insane?

Why do you think you're smarter than literal rocket scientists working for NASA?

>rocket scientist

Oh shut up.

foxnews.com/us/2017/06/14/man-badly-burned-after-falling-into-yellowstone-hot-spring.html

you're a big user

If there was ever an appropriate time to use the label "rocket scientist," it's for scientists who work on rockets for NASA.

Rocket engineers work at NASA. Scientists of various sorts work at NASA.

There has not been a "rocket scientist" in our lifetimes, or our fathers'.

Why do you think you're smarter than literal rocket engineers working for NASA?

UUUU

I went to Yellowstone once and washed a hat I found off the trail in a hot pool.

This dad came up to me and had the audacity to tell me this warm pool was a boiling culdron of sulfuric acid.

I promptly told him to eat a dick. He told the park staff I was off the trail.

Fucking tattle tale piece of shit. This is what America has become.

extremetech.com/extreme/254665-nasas-3-5-billion-plan-keep-yellowstone-ever-erupting

>Is NASA insane

no but foxnews is full of shit

>shovel billions of dollars into preventing a catastrophe that will happen thousands of years after we've perfected space travel
>don't build the wall though, it's unnecessary and expensive
We should leave the supervolcano alone and focus on keeping out all those brown savages takin our jerbs

Btfo

NASA plz don't.

>using one of America's treasures as a washing pool
Promptly kill yourself

iflscience.com/environment/what-would-happen-if-you-dropped-bomb-volcano/ Imagine the last part happening

>wanting america to be saved
Bugman detected

OK,you run rings around me logically.

Venting the Yellowstone Caldera is a fabulous idea. This is a great plan. I'm very excited to be a part of it.

Is your contention that Fox got the story wrong? How so?

>store nukes and blow one up on the volcano so it erupts
>volcano creates dust that makes the planet cooler (confirmed all volcanos do this its science)
>nuclear weapons, yellowstone, and global warming all solved in one go
>world peace
why isn't anyone doing this? I know the current US gov is retarded but surely someone there realizes these are real issues and we have to work on them.

I want to fuck that hole

Working in the Greater Yellowstone ecosystem makes me want to welcome the supervolcano. Hopefully it goes off in the summer to wipe as many shitty tourists as it can in one fell swoop.

I came for the eclipse, but I want to stay for the explosion.

The state of modern america is more than sufficient to justify Yellow burring it all under ash

>rocket scientists in charge of Earth sciences

Lmoa

The plan makes sense. I'd relate it to the similar idea that hydraulic fracturing is reducing the chance of a mega earthquake by lubricating the crust and allowing smaller earthquakes to relieve the pressure.

Also, I'd imagine we could harness the steam energy being released and use it to generate electricity.

Winner winner chicken dinner

not an argument

NASA is completely fucked, we need to stop them from activating the volcano

Except they admit that they don;t know if venting it will just make it collapse, and thus erupt, but maybe if they do it this way instead of that way the odds are better, but we don;t know because we've never tried it.

Also, can you imagine the environmental impact statement? Te paperwork alone would wipe out mighty forests.

Well, acktually, rocket scientists/engineers don't have anything to do with this particular project, since obviously no rockets are involved. NASA isn't only about rockets.

But in theory they are about Aeronautics and Space. A volcano/National Park seems outside their mandate.

Brian Wilcox is a rocket engineer. Did you not read the article?

That's why we have computers

Virtual digital forests, then.

Well in that case: DESTROY!!!!

what the fuck they're ruining everything
how do we stop them

life has no meaning if we dn't get to see this erupt and destroy america in or lifetimes

Redundant

Don't come running to me when the virtual environment collapses and we're all hip-deep in dead virtuals.

Don't threaten me with a good time

I'm surprised he didn't sue you.