WAKE ME UP

same tho. I'm so far behind this year already

Get on my fucking level

desu tho 2 of those books were less than 100 pages

I've read about 15 so far that I can think of off the top of my head but that was mainly last week and the first week of January, I was drunk most of the rest of the time.

I've haven't read a book since November, I started Dubliners three weeks ago but I'm barely reading a short story a night. It's good and I really like it, but for some reason I have like 0 motivation for reading at the moment. Weird because before November I was reading a novel a week.

I've finished 26 books so far this year. However as of March I will move from part-time employment to fulltime studies so I assume I won't be able to maintain this rate.

>tfw I'm a full-time student who is doing an internship and also has a part-time job

I'd rather sleep than read desu

Shit´s fucked
i knew i should have gone with 200

Gb2 >>>/zzz/

does "the first half of the book of the new sun" count as one or two books?

Personally I'd say no. You have to read the two of them to consider it having read the book.

Half, obviously. It's in the title.

does reading a book collection count as several seperate books?
does the same count for novelletes?(short novels ie ~100 pages)
what about short stories
how short does a story have to be for the collection to count as one single book

Just google the average length of a book in pages, and judge it by that.

what

I failed W&P readthrough. Fuck my life.

if its a collection of books it counts as however many books there are. like lotr would count as 3.
if its a collection of short stories or novelletes, its a single book. just use whatever the collection is named.
one.

It sort of seems like your replies directly contradict each other

well shit. it seems like the books of the new sun are more like novellas to me, but apparently they're like right on the line between book and novella.
id go with one still, but that's just cause i think 400 pages is more like full sized book than 200.

Every time I attempt to keep up with a good reads list I think to myself "This is fucking stupid." and quit. Desu famalampai

Now I can watch anime for the rest of the year!

what are you reading?
80 page 4koma manga?

How many books does War and Peace count for?

your goosebumps dont count friendo.

I'm somewhat behind.

30 books already seems like a lot. Are you really taking them in fully?

All i've read this year has been pure shit except for Lolita.

Why were you reading it then?

I wouldn't say so, Middlemarch is like 900 pages

Overly ambitious? Maybe. A challenge? Surely. Worth it? Yes, absolutely.

i´d say i certainly am taking them in fully.
i just tend to get obsessive with books that i enjoy to the degree that i sometimes barely sleep.

and i fear i have to admit that not all are 900 page long works

>started reading warhammer fantasy because I'm a few behind

5/52

Did you enjoy Middlemarch?

Since the Total War game came out I have really gotten into the schlock lore of fantasy battles.

I know they add in pages read at the end of the year when you look at your statistics but they really should have it visible all year round right next to the amount of books read.

They do in "Stats"

Recent Total Wars have been trash. Shogun 2 was the last good one and imo the ebst Total War.

I hope they go back to a cool time period and don't revisit something again or go disgusting Fantasy.

>War to German Unification 1871 would be awesome I bet

I respectfully disagree. Warhammer suffers from a lack of political complexity true, and the setting is niche, but insofar as tight, optimized coding, loading times, end turn times, battlefield AI, and compelling army compositions it really shines. I tried going back to playing RTR: EB and the turn times, even on a modern laptop were shit.

>reading the Complete works of Plato
>already 4 or 5 dialogues this year but it counts as one books only.

All short. Haven't been reading much at all.

All of them count as as many books as you want, because goodreads isn't a fucking judge robot carefully analyzing data on what you read, but a website in which YOU, the user, can input whatever you want.

If you read "Hamlet" or "The Complete Works of Shakespeare", the only difference is what you put up on the site.

Actually, I do it all the time, did it to Isaac Babel not too long ago.

I love both WH and WH40K's looks, but I really don't wanna get into autistic levels of lore, and most of the games seem too dependend on that.

What do?

>What do?
Get into the schizotypy levels of lore

>I've read 6 books
>the rest of my line up are all about 1000 pages long

I have read the stupid wiki for hours.

I've been reading the same book for months... feels bad

I always forget how to get to this page

>but I really don't wanna get into autistic levels of lore
why aren´t you just reading the books then? that would be far less autistic then reading the wiki for hours.

because i can stop reading the wiki and not do it for months. investing into the books is a waste of time.

but they are actually good books that you can read without hunting for lore

Jesus Christ, I didn't even know people did this. Are you fucking crazy? Only do this if you're jumping in mid series or something.

I don't think you can get to it by just navigating the site.

/user/year_in_books/2017/ then your account number which you'll find in the url if you go to My Books.

this sounds pretty autistic desu

Read 8 so far, stuff like Anna Karenina, Shakespeare's sonnets, the sound and the Fury. I'm enjoying 2017.

Where do I start this challenge?

goodreads

I've only read four books but in fairness I spent all of January reading the Bible

I've read Kokoro and No Longer Human

Kokoro was great and NLH was decent

Is there a way to add books because the one I'm reading is not in their database.

Last year I completed 150 books, so I assume I'll get past 50 books. I should say though since I live in Japan which means I'm working full-time, studying, and getting shit faced on the weekend I can make guess I won't hit 150 books of last year.

>implying that's something to brag about

Jesus Christ you're retarded

I've never had that happen

isbn and bookname?

>Did you enjoy Middlemarch?
Yes, it was excellent. But I really love Eliot's characterisation and insight

Just do what I do and cheat by reading comic books in addition to novels.

kek, yeah that's me too.

18/30. Probably should have aimed higher.

>read the evangelion 3in1 collections
>add 14 books to goodreads

feels good

Make way, you vermin.

>tfw you're reading 5 books at the same time, switching between them randomly, slowly chipping away at them

I keep promising myself that I'll sit down and finish a damned book before moving to the next, but I never do.

Fuck. I'll never finish them at this rate.

>got Master and Margarita in the mail the other day and tempted to start on it too

S A M E

Underrated